Sniggels Log

Well done Sniggel.

I did a cut for the first four months of this year. I didn't enjoy it at all, but it did work. My top loads for squats and deads suffered a bit though and I started getting more aches and pains (I am an old fart though
smile.gif
).

You've done a much longer and more gradual cut so I'd be interested to know whether or not your top loads have suffered up to this point?

<div>
(Lol @ Oct. 31 2007,00:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well done Sniggel.

I did a cut for the first four months of this year. I didn't enjoy it at all, but it did work. My top loads for squats and deads suffered a bit though and I started getting more aches and pains (I am an old fart though  
smile.gif
 ).

You've done a much longer and more gradual cut so I'd be interested to know whether or not your top loads have suffered up to this point?</div>
From December (Start) to may was my first part of the cut (88 to 76). During this time I lost a lot of strength and it was because I was too aggressive with food and/or cardio.
From may I did not think about diet so i gained some, then i started again at 82-ish (2-3 months ago) with a very controlled diet (counted calories and did lower intensity cardio). During this later period of the cut I have both gained and lost on my maxlifts and I am now certain that I could have done a lot better from the beginning. Right now I experience gaining strength despite still losing weight (Thanks IA
smile.gif
). I am currently weighing 73 kg.

Total change (December to Right Now):
Deadlift: 190 (PB) - 175 (Guesstimate, havent tried it yet for sure)
Squat: 150 (PB) - 140 (Guesstimate)
Bench: 125 (PB) - 115 (Guesstimate)

Anyway, I am sure I will beat those records long before I weigh 88 again (if I ever do again). My diet Ends 1st december (after a contest
smile.gif
)

Sci: Thanks I am very proud of my work I have put in to this
smile.gif

Finally my pictures arrived from my competition.
Here are a few of them

At 70 kgs / 154 pounds and 173 cm / 5'9

tri_071209.jpg
sc_071209.jpg
ls_071209.jpg
fls_071209.jpg

dbb_071209.jpg
mm_071209.jpg
fa_071209.jpg

Well I finished 9th... out of 9
tounge.gif

But I was really proud that I did it. I was able to compete without embarrassing myself. It was my first time and i did not expect much. it was great fun!

Darn right you should be proud of that!!! Takes alot of character and courage. My hat is off to you!!

Lookin' good! Big arms and a small waist is a difficult combination to maintain. Good job.

Seriously though, how is your chemotherapy going...?
wink.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jan. 08 2008,10:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lookin' good! Big arms and a small waist is a difficult combination to maintain. Good job.

wink.gif
</div>
What's with you hairy guys? I'll have you know that baldness is a direct result of excess testosterone. How do you like dem apples?
tounge.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jan. 08 2008,11:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lookin' good! Big arms and a small waist is a difficult combination to maintain. Good job.

wink.gif
</div>
Lol!
Dont you think I look cute without my hair? :p
Actually I am one of those guys gifted with great genetics for keeping a nice fluffy hairstyle. My father is over 50 and has no baldspots whatsoever and barely any gray hair either.
So maybe I am stupid shaving my hair, lol.

Thanks for all encouragement though, its not easy competing when you are 100% natural and having moderate(?) genetics for building muscle.

I would love to see what I've gained after a nice cut. I might consider progressing the weight as usual but I can add in cardio which might trim me down regardless. Nice quads sniggle. I like how your lats show in the front double bicep picture in a older post above. That is one of my pet peeves about that pose as it bothers me if I can't see my lats.

Posing isnt easy for sure!
In the front double biceps, many make the mistake of raising their shoulders. What I see from your avatar it doesnt look like you do that mistake.

Thought I add todays workout and might post more of them in the future.

Light Squat
6*95 kg

Light lateral extensions for shoulders because of pain
10*8 kg

Light Barbell Row
6*70 kg

Heavy Calves in Leg press
6*300 kg

Light Dips
6 of them

Heavy Deadlift
6*155 kg
A new personal best!

Heavy Pull down in machine for lats
6*45 kg

Light Crunches on special &quot;cushion&quot;
6*20 kg

Heavy Dumbbell Curl
6*22 kg

I dont train HST even though I follow most of the principles. (progressive overload, frequent training, but no SD)
The way I train is a Whole Body Routine I designed myself. I train about 3 times a week and alternate heavy and light exercises, with &quot;light&quot; being 80% of normal training weight. &quot;Heavy&quot; being training weight and the weight I am trying to improve all the time.
I start my cycle with 10 reps and 1 set, increasing to 2 sets on 3rd workout and 3 sets on 5th. Then on 7th workout I start over again with 1 set but use 6 reps instead for &quot;everything&quot; (theres always  exceptions). When I have done 6 workouts with 6 reps I start with 10s again.
Ok that was a bit messy explained but.. Hopefully some of it is understandable.

hey, snig!

I'm a little belated with my comments, but I just wanted to say, congrats on a job well done. Anyone with the gonads to step on stage has my respect, I don't care if you finish 100th out of 100.

Looking forward to following your continued progress......
smile.gif

<div>
(Slapshotz @ Jan. 24 2008,08:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">hey, snig!

I'm a little belated with my comments, but I just wanted to say, congrats on a job well done.  Anyone with the gonads to step on stage has my respect, I don't care if you finish 100th out of 100.  

Looking forward to following your continued progress......
smile.gif
</div>
Thanks Slaps. I wanted to check in and say that my training is going very well. Strength is back and beyond my previous best strength level. Repping on deads with 25 more kgs than ever before (55 pounds). Also finally pulled a new personal best on 1RM, 200kgs! (440 pounds).
I havent been able to bench press yet because I have problems with my wrists, but I can train with dumbbells and I am also stronger there than when I trained dumbbell bench last time. My squat is somewhat up from my previous best training weight (and I can train it with three times the frequency than before lol) and I think it will start to go up more soon.
Right now I am 7 kgs heavier than when on stage, still in a great shape (carbed up and only modest amounts of lard added
tounge.gif
).
The evidence that last year was great progress is that i am now stronger than ever, but 6 kgs lighter than when I was at my previous best strength level, and that really feels good for me since I doubted I was progressing last year, I thought I was losing muscle, but it was all just temporary strength loss.

Good to hear from you Sniggel. Apart from the wrist trouble, that all sounds really great. Big congrats on getting a 200kg deadlift. That's a nice milestone to reach. You are making some terrific progress.

How are your squat numbers for 6 reps compared to your deads?

<div>
(Lol @ Feb. 13 2008,14:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Good to hear from you Sniggel. Apart from the wrist trouble, that all sounds really great. Big congrats on getting a 200kg deadlift. That's a nice milestone to reach. You are making some terrific progress.

How are your squat numbers for 6 reps compared to your deads?</div>
My 6 rep DL best is 6*165 kg.
My 6 reps squat best is 6*130 kg.
I think my deads are much easier for me to progress on than the squat.

I have had 2 w/o:s with bench press and they have went well.
The first one I did 6*90 kg and second one was 5*100 kg. And that 5*100 kg is right about exactly where I was last time at my previous best 5RM. So from just one w/o retraining of the movement, I already am at my previous best!

On the other hand. My great progress on dead and also on squat seems to have halted, big time. I really need to get my diet in check because I am not gaining weight and sometimes I feel a bit exhausted when training. Need better timing and more calories overall!

My wrists were good when I benched but now they are a bit worse again. Not from training though... its from my current work.

Thanks Tunnelrat. I guess i really should gain some weight if I want to progress more anytime soon.

Back