Sniggels Log

<div>
(Sniggel @ Mar. 05 2008,05:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My 6 rep DL best is 6*165 kg.
My 6 reps squat best is 6*130 kg.
I think my deads are much easier for me to progress on than the squat.

On the other hand. My great progress on dead and also on squat seems to have halted, big time. I really need to get my diet in check because I am not gaining weight and sometimes I feel a bit exhausted when training. Need better timing and more calories overall!

Thanks Tunnelrat. I guess i really should gain some weight if I want to progress more anytime soon.</div>
I, too, lift much more on deads than on squats. Yet many of the major league powerlifters squat more than they deadlift. I wonder how much of that is mental -- the distinction of being under the bar rather than over it...?

Progress on deads and squats has halted?
Not gaining weight?
Feeling exhausted while training?

Is it, perhaps, time for a short break? Maybe 9 - 14 days of SD?
smile.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Mar. 05 2008,11:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Sniggel @ Mar. 05 2008,05:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My 6 rep DL best is 6*165 kg.
My 6 reps squat best is 6*130 kg.
I think my deads are much easier for me to progress on than the squat.

On the other hand. My great progress on dead and also on squat seems to have halted, big time. I really need to get my diet in check because I am not gaining weight and sometimes I feel a bit exhausted when training. Need better timing and more calories overall!

Thanks Tunnelrat. I guess i really should gain some weight if I want to progress more anytime soon.</div>
I, too, lift much more on deads than on squats. Yet many of the major league powerlifters squat more than they deadlift. I wonder how much of that is mental -- the distinction of being under the bar rather than over it...?

Progress on deads and squats has halted?
Not gaining weight?
Feeling exhausted while training?

Is it, perhaps, time for a short break? Maybe 9 - 14 days of SD?  
smile.gif
</div>
I do believe you are right about needing time off. i have been on a wave of success from when I stopped dieteing. And this wave lasted about 2½ months. Also I have new factors in life that interfere with recovery, like a physical demanding job, so some deal of physical stress is there. This in combination with not eating enough all the time for the energy expeniture also puts halts to progress, but that factor is getting better now. I think i need upwards of 4000 cals per day now to get the best recovery as opposed to 3000 before, a rough estimation. And if I want to gain weight i should shoot for over 4000, every day.

Back