Starting Over From Scratch.

Ah nice! Just curious how long do you rest in between reps for Max-Stim stuff? Been thinking of incorporating it at some point (I did many years ago), I guess just enough rest that allows for the next rep

Ah nice! Just curious how long do you rest in between reps for Max-Stim stuff? Been thinking of incorporating it at some point (I did many years ago), I guess just enough rest that allows for the next rep

Yeah, there is no hard rule. 10-20 seconds. I usually do at least 20-30 seconds with rack pulls since they are so intense.

Yeah, there is no hard rule. 10-20 seconds. I usually do at least 20-30 seconds with rack pulls since they are so intense.
Ah yep, I remember doing Max-Stim and some lifts definitely required more time than others for sure!

Ah yep, I remember doing Max-Stim and some lifts definitely required more time than others for sure!

Anything more than 20 seconds and you are pushing it.

A few minutes googling should find you Dan Moore’s original PDF including the science behind it.

Jester makes a good point. When I’m counting “seconds” between reps, it is more rapid than a second. So I guess I’m actually resting 5-10 seconds on most exercises, and 10-15 seconds on things like deadlifts and other high energy lifts.

These hammer strength pull downs are amazing for the lats. My puny lats are already starting to feel beefier.

I’ve done max-stun and rest ousenfor deadlifts before.

For the former, I found you’re really pushing it if you’re above 85% territory. Because max-stim’s goal, by my reading, is to achieve the same workload goals without the associated neural fatigue. And above 85%, it’s going to hit you regardless.

Reactions: Sci
7 weeks of HST progress.

31802797b4a2c41c06d5f61406311fd3.jpg

HST log
I hit my 5 rep maxes of my first cycle, then coincidentally I had 2 brutal work weeks as a plumbing contractor doing 60 hour weeks. So it was perfect timing for a deconditioning period to reset my body for a new HST cycle.

Strategic Deconditioning:
15 days since last workout.

HST cycle 2: workout 1
2 sets of 15 reps

•split squat: 95
•Rack Pulls: 245
(Wide-stance, below knee)
•s/l standing calf raise: 50
•iso-lateral Pulldown: 140
•Iso-lateral decline Bench: 150
•1-arm DB press: 35
•Standing DB row: 40
•alt. DB curls: 25

12:45pm to 1:45pm

Weigh in @ 196 pounds

cool that worked out good, I bet though your more tired from you SD with 60 hours work compared to normal work with lifting!
did you do any progress stats after the first cycle? (measurements, or weight vs bodyfat)?

Reactions: Sci
cool that worked out good, I bet though your more tired from you SD with 60 hours work compared to normal work with lifting!
did you do any progress stats after the first cycle? (measurements, or weight vs bodyfat)?
No. I’m not that obsessed any more. I definitely “recomposed” my body fat to lean mass ratio judging by my appearance. Weight went down, then went back up and I have visibly larger muscles.
I am well pleased with the progress in only 8 weeks.

No. I’m not that obsessed any more. I definitely “recomposed” my body fat to lean mass ratio judging by my appearance. Weight went down, then went back up and I have visibly larger muscles.
I am well pleased with the progress in only 8 weeks.

wow I need a 12 step program then LOL I'm still into '1/8th inch here and there excites me ' lol

cool though, if your 'seeing' results, that's what counts! Do'en great man!

I was struggling with getting to the gym training until recently, as I am a typical overworked dad, but I quit the gym and bought a basic barbell set a month ago and I have been pumping iron consistent, as I prefer the convenience of working out at home.
I even hit a few lifetime records with split squats, overhead press and weighted pushups!!!
I am also in the stages of a PSMF rapid fat loss diet, and will post some photos when I finish.

I check in every once in awhile on the new posts here.

I was struggling with getting to the gym training until recently, as I am a typical overworked dad, but I quit the gym and bought a basic barbell set a month ago and I have been pumping iron consistent, as I prefer the convenience of working out at home.
I even hit a few lifetime records with split squats, overhead press and weighted pushups!!!
I am also in the stages of a PSMF rapid fat loss diet, and will post some photos when I finish.

Ah nice, yeah it's so good having your own stuff at home.. I've had my equipment and training at home for going on 11 or 12 years now, haven't had to replace anything, this stuff lasts!

And fair enough! Hope all's well, good to hear from ya

Olympic?

Back