The Vegetarian Poll

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Some people cringe in disgust watching footage of lions killing and dismembering a buffalo. I find it as normal and natural as watching that same buffalo graze on grass.</div>

I'm sorry but that anolgy just doesn't fit, grazing and killing is just not the same, although I agree it is natural for a Lion. It just makes me wish I'd be in heaven where the Lion and the Lamb shall live in harmony...but the again that is just me...

One forgets that even that Lion was Vegan, but when sin entered so did death...the wages of sin after all are death! Forgive teh preaching
cool.gif

I really don't want to get into this, but I have to ask just one question and then I'll stop posting in this thread. I'm curious what the answer will be.

If the lion was vegan at one time, why does he have saber like teeth and claws specifically designed for ripping apart flesh, along with tremendous strength, speed, and agility which enable him to chase down and subdue large animals ?

Steve

Granted that you have questions, and rightly so...what about the Panda bear's teeth, is that the right way of classifying just because of teh teeth, another example, there is aparrot in New Zealand that eats only a certain root, once this root was unavailable, the darn parrot just knew to rip off the skin of sheep and eat the fat around the kidneys, was the parrot carnivore?...no, so...how come he started eating meat all of a sudden?

Remember that when sin come into the world, God killed the first animal to clothe Adam and Eve, and then ordered Sacrifices until Jesus came, He was the main Sacrifice!

I simply believe in this...sometime ago I would have had difficulty in believing it, but now I do:

Genesis 1:29 ¶  And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food.
30  And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every animal that creepeth upon the earth, in which is life, I have given every green herb for food: and it was so.
31 ¶  And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
1 ¶  Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

I think it is not right of me to carry on in this thread as it is not for this type of discussions and then there are lots of members who have different beliefs..so I'll stop my discussion here.
wink.gif

Well, get over it bro. I think it very distinctly and briefly and politely explained a very strong viewpoint from where many of us derive some of our thinking. And Fausto let it go after that, rather than get into a long pointless theological debate.
I'll speak for Steve in that I know he's of a different viewpoint, but I can say this: he has read the Bible and knows it better than many Christians. We long ago agreed to disagree, and remain respectful of one another. He's showing a lot of restraint here.

<div>
(Fausto @ Feb. 08 2007,09:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks for respecting my views all of you!

I'll save the preaching for Church!
biggrin.gif
</div>
Well, you said this b4 and here we are again reading biblical justifications for a scientific  process.
sad.gif

rock.gif

sad.gif

rock.gif

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Feb. 08 2007,13:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Fausto @ Feb. 08 2007,09:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks for respecting my views all of you!

biggrin.gif
</div>
Well, you said this b4 and here we are again reading biblical justifications for a scientific  process.
sad.gif

rock.gif

sad.gif

rock.gif
</div>
everyone, lets please leave the bible/god/creation stuff for other forums. its just not productive.

fausto this especially applies to you. not really fair throwing out your brief sermons and then claiming your done preaching............only to throw out another sermon and then say, ok now im done.

this has so little to do with being a vegetarian.
lets all be done.

I respect all religious views, but I don't respect using your religious beliefs as a basis for rational discussion.
If I believe the whole universe was crapped into existence by a giant mosquito, I certainly will keep it to myself when discussing something like diet.
tounge.gif

-Quadancer, I appreciate how you acknowledged your religious beliefs without preaching it to others here at this forum. Very classy.
smile.gif

<div>
(bluejacket @ Feb. 08 2007,17:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ Feb. 08 2007,13:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

biggrin.gif
</div>
sad.gif

rock.gif

sad.gif

rock.gif
</div>
everyone, lets please leave the bible/god/creation stuff for other forums. its just not productive.

fausto this especially applies to you. not really fair throwing out your brief sermons and then claiming your done preaching............only to throw out another sermon and then say, ok now im done.

this has so little to do with being a vegetarian.
lets all be done.</div>
Well that's my fault. I asked him a question so he gave me an answer. Convo complete

Anyway, I picked this up today, may interest some of you guys:

Can eating red meat cause cancer? Read now...

It was indeed silly of me to preach here...but I am sure you guys will forgive me...and I'll abstain in the future.

I must say Steve was right, I was just answering his question, but I could have PM'd him instead!

The Vegeatrains who got involved in this thread are quality people, I salute you!
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The Vegeatrains who got involved in this thread are quality people, I salute you!
</div>

No, it's their fault for getting the whole thing started!! JOKE!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(etothepii @ Feb. 08 2007,00:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Both live, neither has a soul!</div>
Can you provide references for this claim?

biggrin.gif

Interesting stuff man! Especially the myth about cancer and animal fats/meat. On the B-12 issue, I just bought some liquid sublingual B12, listed as Cyanacobalamin, which, I find, just means B12. The odd thing is, unlike sublingual I took years ago, this stuff (20,000x rda) does nothing for me, as I enter the fringes of overtraining...and no indication on the bottle what the source is; vegetable or animal.
Fortunately, I still have some B complex pills from the grocery store, with half as much b12, but tons of the other b vitamins, that kick butt.

<div>
(Ruthenian @ Feb. 11 2007,18:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am done with this thread.</div>
Well, you are the one that started this thread. What exactly did you expect to happen?

<div>
(nipponbiki @ Feb. 11 2007,06:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Ruthenian @ Feb. 11 2007,18:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am done with this thread.</div>
Well, you are the one that started this thread. What exactly did you expect to happen?</div>
Ummm for people to say if they were vegetarians or not?

It was after all a vegetarian poll. Nowhere did the OP say, &quot;let's fight over vegetarianism, veganism, creationism...&quot; or any other ism.

He asked a damn question, that was all.

Back