Time to put myself out there...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ July 29 2005,8:07)]I prefer Gargantuan proportions.
I used to want to look like Steve Reeves, but lately I've been wanting to get bigger than that even. I'll no doubt have to resort to steroid usage to get much bigger than that though. Assuming my wife will let me. She already thinks I'm getting too big... :confused:

That's understandable, the guy has just about the perfect physique for a natural.

How big do you want to be eventually? Someday I'd like to get up to an even 230 at 10%, but I'm not expecting that for several years. Right now my short term goal is 215.

I'd be ecstatic to achieve 225 @ 10%. I think I can do it, but it'll take a couple years. My goal is to get to 200 by the New Year (that's 15lbs).

Actually, Schwarzenegger's idol was a guy named Reg Park. Personally, though, I think more bodybuilders would prefer to look like Reeves. ;)

Looking good, Chief! Enviably lean with an excellent foundation.

You are right, gripstrength. It hit me just yesterday that I was mistaken about Arnold's favorite. I meant to come and edit my post, but never did. I should know better, I've read his autobiography many times.

Good pickup!

good going!!
and the height is a plus believe me, I wish I was at least over 6 ft (5'9.5)
sad.gif

We should have a thread (sticky) where ppl can post their pics or put b4 and after shots, even training shots and stuff, I'm sure it'd be great motivation
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ July 29 2005,7:54)]Those Grecian proportions, in my opinion, aren't realistic for most people. Or at least not for me. According to it, my neck, calves, thighs and waist are too big, and my chest is way too small. Some of the measurements it gives me I probably can't even attain unless I use steroids, so I don't know... I think that genetic potential formula posted a while ago was much more realistic.
come on, man, don't burst my bubble. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (addy @ Aug. 04 2005,8:56)]come on, man, don't burst my bubble. ;)
If you can attain those kind of proportions, then I envy you. Seriously. I just don't have the genetics for that kind of thing. Too much lower body mass and not enough upper body, I guess. But then I think I was probably born to squat and deadlift, not bench.

i already have too much lower body mass to attain grecian ideal proportions as it is. i had 27.6" thighs at 5'8" when i was some 20lbs bigger/fatter. now that i've slimmed down, my legs are still too big for the ancient greeks.

i'm not really a booby builder either, as it might seem from my chest measurements. i haven't benched in years, i only do dips and military press for chest, tris and delts. blame it on genetics. i do blame it for my sucky calves anyway.

You are very lean but ABS aren't very impressive. I have the same problem probably du to low ABS potential but I must admit I don't train them directly. And you ?

Hey chiefhog :)

You looked great at your pics. Definition is great, especially considering you just got started. Built like that, unless you go crazy with too much calories, you don't look like you'll get so much fat troubles.

Isn't your cycle nearing its end (or ended) right about now?
How about posting new pics here so we can see the further improvement, from there we can better say where you are doing pretty well already so you can stop thinking about it, and wehre you ought to be focused more in order to build an even better physique.

Regards, have a great HST cycle! :)
-JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Actarus @ Aug. 07 2005,10:22)]You are very lean but ABS aren't very impressive. I have the same problem probably du to low ABS potential but I must admit I don't train them directly. And you ?

I've never trained abs very much until  recently. I am going to HST my abs with alot of weight to try and get them to "pop."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Isn't your cycle nearing its end (or ended) right about now?
How about posting new pics here so we can see the further improvement, from there we can better say where you are doing pretty well already so you can stop thinking about it, and wehre you ought to be focused more in order to build an even better physique

I will post some more pics at the end of my cycle, which is in 3wks. I'll make sure and throw some leg shots in there as well. Thanks for your honesty and replies!

Just finished 3rd workout of the 5's. I'm pretty excited because I had a personal best squat: 305lbs x5. I'm pretty geeked about that. Thanks HST! (cheesy thumbs up with "ding" sound)

Here's a pic right after my first cycle. I gained 12 lbs (the rest of my stats are in the "Results" thread. Compare it to the first pic in this thread. Tell me what ya'll think!

Traps look bigger, chest perhaps a lil bit?

Try doing a front lat spread and rear dbl biceps shot...I find they're effective for noticing a change in mass or not (visually of course).

Here's my actual before and after stats.

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 190 (+12lbs)

Waist: 33 3/4 (+1 1/4)
Chest: 44 3/4 (+2 1/2 in)
Shoulders: 47 3/4 (+1 3/4in)
R. Bi: 14 7/8 (+5/8in)
L. Bi: 14 1/2 (+1/2in)
L. Thigh: 22 3/4 (+1 1/4in)
R. Thigh: 22 3/4 (+1 1/4in)
R. Calf: 14 1/4 (+3/4in)
L. Calf: 14 1/2 (+3/4 in)

Nice "wheels" as they say. Those are some solid gains. After a couple more cycles, you should have some impressive results to report, compared to before HST.

Before you know it, six months will have gone by and you will be nothing like you used to be.

Back