Ultimate Diet 2.0

I

imported_hangi24-7

After my bulk I want to get my bf to below 10% and I have been reading that the Ultimate Diet 2.0 is one of the best ways to achieve this. Before I buy the book, what does everybody say about it? Does it give you specific workouts you must do or can you still do HST?

Exactly like BoSox and baby a said; I did the diet strict form for 4 months and then did the bulk version for 6 months, this is not an easy program but bottom line it WORKS. :)

ketogenic diets, as the ud 2.0, involve depletion workouts much unlike hst workouts. you need to exaust your glycogen storages to induce ketone production early in the week.

i don't think hst works for low carb diets. if you want to cut while following the hst protocol, you have to eat a somewhat 'balanced' diet, meaning lots of protein, low carbs (but over 100g a day to avoid ketosis), and moderate GOOD fats.

Doesn't depletion help with supercompensation?

Also, I didn't know there was a bulking version of UD 2.0. What's this about? Does it involve some kind've low-carb bulking, or what? Is it for lean mass, supposedly?

I'd like to hear a bit about it.

I believe it's for lean mass gains.

I think it goes along the lines of slight maintenance during the week, with refeeds on the weekends. Not sure though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ July 23 2005,12:23)]a keto diet doesnt need depletion, and the specific aim in ud2 is not ketosis.
a keto diet does need depletion if you want to reach ketosis as soon as possible.
but about the ud 2.0, i haven't gotten the book yet, so i can't comment. so you're not supposed to reach ketosis? why does lyle prescribe those huge circuits first thing on monday?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (addy @ July 24 2005,2:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ July 23 2005,12:23)]a keto diet doesnt need depletion, and the specific aim in ud2 is not ketosis.
a keto diet does need depletion if you want to reach ketosis as soon as possible.
you understand your in ketosis after an overnight fast. Full ketosis within a couple of days of no exercise. Liver glycogen is the determinant of ketosis, not muscle

and ketosis is unimportant anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (addy @ July 24 2005,2:10)]but about the ud 2.0, i haven't gotten the book yet, so i can't comment. so you're not supposed to reach ketosis? why does lyle prescribe those huge circuits first thing on monday?
BEcause his goal is to deplete, ketosis is a side effect, not the goal

i was under the impression that since a diet is called a KETOGENIC diet, ketosis WAS important. ;)
but aren't ketones needed for fuel? you'd think it wouldn't be considered a side effect.
i need to get the ud 2.0 book.

my perhaps flawed understanding is that in the absence of glucose, the brain needs ketones for fuel, and the muscles need free fatty acids. is this not right?

i am going to buy the book, as i already have 'the ketogenic diet' and 'bromocriptine'. i'm not trying to troll for free information, i was just trying to clear this up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For the most part, I simply see ketosis as a "side-effect" of fat loss (burning to be more accurate), more than something to be explicitly sought out. ....

Ketosis in and of itself isn't any big deal.....

Frankly, using a low-carbohydrate/ketogenic diet for the fat loss phase of the UD2 has more to do with lowering insulin, raising catecholamines, and ramping up fat oxidation; ketosis is simply a tangential effect......

Does anyone have a link to a free download of this E-book? I've already got a copy of DD's BodyOPUS & can't see how the UD2.0 can differ THAT much...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (-[[[----]]]- @ Aug. 01 2005,6:41)]Does anyone have a link to a free download of this E-book? I've already got a copy of DD's BodyOPUS & can't see how the UD2.0 can differ THAT much...
Pretty sure that would be illegal..... :confused:

Back