Weights, cardio and stuff log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Jester, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM and PM

Chins; 5,5,5 - BW.

Dips; 5,5,5 - BW.

39 bottles of beer on a wall ...

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Going to do twice daily, M-F on Chins and Dips. I will be doing 15 reps per session, for 30 reps per day. I'm comfortable recovering from this level of volume on a daily basis.

The goal will be to get both AM and PM to 10 and 5 clusters, and then add weight. Starting at BW, continuing to cut though leveling out the deficit.

RPE level per cluster is 9.

AM:

Chins; 6,6,3 - BW.

Dips; 8,7 - BW.

PM:

Chins; 8,7 - BW.

Dips; 8,7 - BW.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  3. TangoDown

TangoDown Member

How much you weigh right now?

4. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

120kg

5. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Nice.

Bodyfat %?

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Down to about 20% right now.

I'm not caliper pro and have some extra skin from teenage weight issue. Weight is actually 119 this morning, which is probably more accurate than last night.

7. TangoDown

TangoDown Member

Wish I had the height to rock 200lb+ comfortably. What % you aiming for in the short term?

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The goal is not particularly quantified. Mirror-test is more relevant. I imagine it's in the 14-18% range.

AM:

Chins; 8,7

Dips; 9,6

PM:

Chins; 8,7

Dips; 9,6

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  9. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

...what leads to you an impressive 96kg of LBM.

That's the number I got on max-size-calculator as being my genetical limit, so I established it as my long-term goal. I have a heavy structure so probably will be a little less dificult to arrive at this number than lift the absurd amount of weight you do on the deads...

Don't know if it helps but I've been keeping consistent measurements with calipers by doing JP7 and averaging two different measurements sessions. I'm also using a spring loaded caliper, that eliminates the operator-strength variable and makes easier to pinch the point of JP7. Just a thought.

Leo

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I have a pretty big skeleton and have always weighed more than I look. I put it down to bone density and again - skeleton. Obviously this is all a matter of degrees; if your bones are 5% more dense/bigger then that might be 3-4kg on someone who's 185cm // 6'1 (my height). I also have massive hips. Like ... I can't fit into pants based on waist measurement/size of the label, my hip bones literally prevent that. Good news is I never wear anything high like soccer mum jeans or hipster idjuts.

Anyhow ...

Reviewing program because 30 reps is probably not feasible on a 5-2 programming basis, so I'll drop it back down to 12 per session and reduce my upper-limit for cluster to 8 (bump the load at 8). Increments will be 5kg until 5kg is too high, then 2.5kg, then 1.25kg etc. Tracking BW right now is difficult due to brace and not being able raise left leg or put weight on it, so I'm using mirror and RPE as best as possible to try and judge.

11. leonardopm

leonardopm Member

Lol...I also can't fit in regular jeans, hips always get tight. Besides that people also look at me and get impressed with my weight. I believe we have similar bone structures. The only difference is that you are WAY bigger than me.

But you bet I'll catch you!

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You're giving me motivation . . .

leonardopm likes this.
  13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM:

Dips; 8,4 - BW +5kg

Chins; 6,6 - BW +5kg

PM:

Dips; 8,4 - BW +5kg

Chins; 6,6 - BW +5kg

Weight belt is fraying ... refunding the shit out of that when I'm given the 'OK' to drive ...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM:

Dips; 6,6 - BW +5kg

Chins; 6,6 - BW +5kg

PM:

Dips; 6,6 - BW +5kg

Chins; 6,6 - BW +5kg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM:

Dips; 8,7 - BW

Chins; 8,7 - BW

POS weight belt ...

PM:

Dips; 8,7 - BW

Chins; 8,7 - BW

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM:

Chins; 8,8 - BW

Dips; 8,8 - BW

PM:

Chins; 8,4,4 - BW

Dips; 8,8 - BW

Am going to use smaller clusters, can't handle the higher reps under RFL conditions. Will maybe gradually sneak the total volume as well.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM:

Chins; 4,4,4,4 - BW.

Dips; 8,8 - BW.

DB shrugs; 5,5,5 - 70kg. Need to work on the form for these, big unwieldy plates on each side.

PM:

Chins; 4,4,4,4 - BW.

Dips; 8,8 - BW.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  18. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Post-rehab program. Dips and ab-work to be added in here and there.

M:

8-12 deads, 90% 1RM singles. Turn singles into doubles then increase load back to singles, periodic PR testing.
    6-10 block pulls, 90-95% 1RM doubles
    10-15 leg press; clustered 5-8RM range. Quad centric.

3x4-5 good mornings, 5RM range
    8-12 chins (5-8RM range)
    3x3 shrugs, max triples

W:
    6-10 deficits,
    3x5 block pulls, 5RM range

8-12 bench, 90% 1RM singles-doubles
    8-12 clustered reps BTN push/OHP strict
    15-20 GHR

F:
    9-15 deads, 85-90% 1RM, doubles and triples. Turn doubles into triples, triples into fours then increase load and repeat.
    6-10 block pulls; 3RM. Trying to turn 3RM into 4RM.
    10-15 leg press; clustered 5-8RM range. Quad centric.

3x4-5 good mornings, 5RM range
    8-12 chins (5-8RM range)
    3x3 shrugs, max triples

S:

8-12 bench, 90% 1RM singles-doubles
    8-12 clustered reps BTN push/OHP strict

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

AM:

Chins; 4,4,4,4 - BW.
    Dips; 8,8 - BW.
    DB shrugs; 5,5,5 - 70kg.

PM:

DB rows; 5,5,5,5 - 60kg. Starting off light.

Dips; 8,7 - BW.

Will probably reduce Shrug weight and increase the reps. Just an accomodation to my capabilities right now.

2 weeks down.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  20. Lol

Lol Super Moderator Staff Member

I got a bit of a shock when I checked in here. Thought I'd clicked on a girl's log by mistake! ;)

All the very best with your recovery plan. What exactly did you do? (I checked a few pages back but couldn't see a post about your injury specifics, just something about your doc saying "a microfracture was necessary to fix articular cartilage".)