What do you guys think is better

Dan, you didn't respond because I have learned on this thread that you are "lazy."  But I doubt that!  
laugh.gif

Joe, will you lend me a few million?

ET, if Lee Priest can weigh 270 at 5'3", you should be able to top 300 pounds easily. I'm not sure how healthy you would be though, plus you would probably look like a keg of beer with clothes on.

Aaron, strawberry is best.

Steve, what we have learned is some people feel that what you weigh, not how tall you are or how large your body might be in comparison to your height, determines how 'big' a person you are. Therefore, Lee Priest is big and Frank Zane is small. My 16.5" arms on my 5'8" frame at 185 makes me a small person. (They look much larger because I have a short 32" sleeve length. Lucky me) However, if I had 13" arms on the same body but weighed 205 and had a 50" waist line I would then meet the criteria for being big. I can live with that even if I don't understand it.

I surrender. Lyle is a great trainer. There is a very old saying at the college level that if you can't do it yourself, teach it to others. It still holds true today, at least for me. Therefore, please refer to me in the future as Professor F'king Idiot or just Professor Small.  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 11 2007,19:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That's better than HAVING a little wiener.
ghostface.gif
</div>
bu..buu..b..but...but...she said that didn't matter.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Feb. 11 2007,15:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Going by the bro-logic, since Blade trusts in Lyle and Blade is huge, that would suggest that Lyle knows what he is talking about, because the guys who are ripping on Lyle are smaller than Blade, thus their opinions are not as valid as Blade's...  Ugh, it doesn't make any sense?  Maybe that's because it's not logical to approach things in this way?</div>
Osmotic Bodybuilding Training

Just stand next to Coleman and your muscles grow to hugeness
biggrin.gif
I like that
rock.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 12 2007,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dan, you didn't respond because I have learned on this thread that you are &quot;lazy.&quot;  But I doubt that!  
laugh.gif
</div>
Key word................ only in application
wink.gif

I just didn't feel like going there, that's all.

<div>
(vagrant @ Feb. 12 2007,14:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 11 2007,19:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That's better than HAVING a little wiener.    
ghostface.gif
</div>
bu..buu..b..but...but...she said that didn't matter.</div>
She lied to you man, she lied
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Feb. 12 2007,14:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">She lied to you man, she lied
biggrin.gif
</div>
sad.gif

Great thing there are exercises for EVERY body part then isn't it.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 13 2007,04:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Steve, what we have learned is some people feel that what you weigh, not how tall you are or how large your body might be in comparison to your height, determines how 'big' a person you are.</div>
How did you make this up? tall = tall, heavy = heavy, big =big

a 300lb person reguardless of height is big.

a 200lb person at 5'3&quot; is pretty big

a 110lb person at around 4'2&quot; is reasonably big

180 at 5'9&quot; is not big.  

Compare Zane to his peers or even modern amatuers and see where he fits.  Even the lightest of the 'next generation' of Bbrs was 180 but far shorter than Zane (besides the really short guy from italy), and even he couldnt stand next to Haney.

or are you guys just sad because somebody called Zane small?  

just look at Steves comments about people being small and not taking their advice.  Compared to steve, Zane is small.  Compared to Ronnie, Zane is a fetus.  Compared to local level bbrs competting at 220-242, zane is small.    Being small didnt stop him winning, looking the best got him the wins.

If you weigh 180, you may feel Zane is big. I was 180 at 16, not muscular but that was it, at 5'8&quot;
The heaviest I have been is 270 and even then I was dwarfed by most of my competition. One guy I used to train with was a lean 285ish, bbr, 6'2&quot; nattie.
Hell, one of the old female powerlifters for NZ was 198lbs, ~5'6-7&quot;, but ~4time world powerlifting champion. Thats without even going to Becca Swansons who has competed at around 242lb, lean.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Feb. 12 2007,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">However, if I had 13&quot; arms on the same body but weighed 205 and had a 50&quot; waist line I would then meet the criteria for being big. I can live with that even if I don't understand it.</div>
ohhhhhhhhh.....I get it now...and all this time I thought the proper terminology for those people was FAT ASS.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Dan took the last half of 2006 off from training....that is all I meant by lazy when it comes to application.
When it comes to bodybuilding, taking half a year off counts as lazy!
biggrin.gif
Hey, you all know how much I respect Dan, he is my damn mentor! And I just had to make some excuses for why he isn't a 250 lb.s monster!
laugh.gif

<div>
(stevejones @ Feb. 13 2007,10:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ohhhhhhhhh.....I get it now...and all this time I thought the proper terminology for those people was FAT ASS.  
Thanks for clearing that up.</div>
fat asses can still be big

the smaller person in this photo is 330 (and is/was the IPF bench record holder)

The larger person is 440ish, and holds the largest IPF raw benchpress at 711

jameshendersontillhogeriz1.jpg

Here's one guy who at precisely 5'4.5&quot; and bulking used to be a lot...er,  &quot;bigger&quot;....than he is now.  
leepriest4.jpg

I love the fat asses...I mean...&quot;big guys&quot;.... who think they are carrying around so much more muscle than they actually are, and make themselves feel better by looking at huge powerlifters.  It brings back nice memories, because I used to do that too.

Dan, not to ruin an entertaining thread, but I wasn't aware that you took a half year off from training. I am stunned! Why was that? Injury? Boredom? Starting a new business? Visiting as many houses off ill repute as you can before your wienie shrinks?
rock.gif

Dan needs to just give it up, as do the rest of us.  We will always be small.  Look at how much time Arnold Schwarzgovernator dedicated to bbing, and he remained relatively tiny !  Andre the Giant maybe dead, but Wilt is still alive, and guys like Nathan Jones are still walking around, so there is no point to all this.  I'll just have to deal with being tiny.  I'm changing my screen name to WeeMan
sad.gif

andrearnoldwilt1vh.jpg

whoops, i was told that wilt passed away some time ago. Rest in peace

<div>
(stevejones @ Feb. 12 2007,18:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dan needs to just give it up, as do the rest of us.  We will always be small.  Look at how much time Arnold Schwarzgovernator dedicated to bbing, and he remained relatively tiny !  Andre the Giant maybe dead, but Wilt is still alive, and guys like Nathan Jones are still walking around, so there is no point to all this.  I'll just have to deal with being tiny.  I'm changing my screen name to WeeMan
sad.gif

andrearnoldwilt1vh.jpg

whoops, i was told that wilt passed away some time ago.  Rest in peace</div>
Holy sh-it!
tounge.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Feb. 12 2007,19:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Nice picture...I don't care if I am small.  I just want to be as strong as an ant!

strong_ant.jpg
</div>
yeah, well....i did my 8 sets of squats, deadlifts, and rest pause bench presses all at 60%, and i'm left with a bloody shin and plenty of endorphins making me satisfied...so i don't care if i'm standing between Mendy &amp; Rychlak or Richard Simmons &amp; Tiny Tim......i'd feel just as good either way

At the risk of injecting some totally unnecessary logic into this thread, I realize that two of the largest men in bodybuilding (Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler) both pay men much smaller than them (Chad Nichols and Chris Aceto) to advise them on how to eat and train. How dumb is that? Tiger Woods is clearly the best golfer on the planet, yet he goes to a &quot;swing coach&quot; who has never won a tournament and couldn't beat him if he gave him a stroke per hole. Strange world, huh?

<div>
(leegee38 @ Feb. 12 2007,23:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">At the risk of injecting some totally unnecessary logic into this thread, I realize that two of the largest men in bodybuilding (Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler) both pay men much smaller than them (Chad Nichols and Chris Aceto) to advise them on how to eat and train.  How dumb is that?  Tiger Woods is clearly the best golfer on the planet, yet he goes to a &quot;swing coach&quot; who has never won a tournament and couldn't beat him if he gave him a stroke per hole.  Strange world, huh?</div>
we've already covered the coaching issue, so you're a day late and many dollars short

Also, ronnie coleman is too small to be taken seriously...shaquille oneal outweighs him easily

<div>
(stevejones @ Feb. 13 2007,18:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Also, ronnie coleman is too small to be taken seriously...shaquille oneal outweighs him easily</div>
Wow, I didnt know size was solely decided by weight? or do you live in a strange meathead world? oh and by the way, size has nothing to do with muscularity either (and I never said muscular size), so posting pictures of lee priest are not much use, but nice use of posting a picture of somebody who is a darn site heaver than zane ever was(comp trim, offseason whatever), while being 5&quot; shorter, making him a whole lot bigger. Lee was bigger as a teen lifter in Aussie.

and

whats shaq's weight? 325

whats ronnies offseason weight? ooh, from ronnies site 330

Back