what gym do you belong to?

• Thread starter imported_ephman
  • Start date
LABoy -- during the summer (home from school) I work out at the 24-hour fitness near the 405 and 101 junction on sepulveda. Small world :D

-Calkid

Sundsvall Atletklubb, powerlifting club with a great selection "beach equpiment" as well....

In the summer, Östersund Atletklubb. Really hardcore. Powerracks, dumbbells, barbells...

I work out at a New York Sports Club in NYC. Sorry, no pics..
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i've recently been curious if anybody is using this program there? i've been finding myself looking for people with little pieces of paper with their workouts
lol! I did the exact same thing! I see guys all the time following logs while they workout, and I can't help but wonder if they're doing HST. I also find people checking out my routine when I have it out to see what I'm doing.

I am training @ a small but really nice gym about 200 m from my home, called Sportstudio Walther.

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

No fancy chromed machines, just a lot of free weights and some cable-stations. That's all i like and all i need.
Greetings, Eike

Hi Bob,

yes your are right it is 200 meters.
We, the gym and i ;), are both in Düsseldorf (Germany) 200 meters from each other. No excuse (no time etc) whatsoever to skip a workout! ;)

Eike

i train in a small gym at jerusalem,sorry no pic

i can't believe how big the gyms are in the US & the UK

we have nothing like it in here. just seeing those pictures

made my head spin (even the so called small and simple gyms)
worship.gif

My training partner (McFlex) and I train in his basement. We live on campus at the University of Waterloo in Ontario (we are full time staff here). We live side by side, so it's a short walk! We each add equipment and weights to the gym as we go along. When it comes to cardio, if the weather isn't favourable, we hit one of the smalls gyms in residence to use the treadmill or cylces.

Ryerson Athletic Centre at Ryerson University, Toronto

In fall, I'll probably be in University of Toronto, where I'll use the Athletic Centre there.

The Ryerson one meets all my needs - yes it has a squat rack :), and from what I hear, the UofT one is stacked with equipment.

i work out at the gym in my basement, with equipment that i've bought :)

equipment:

one squat rack
one shrug bar
2 olympic 7' barbells
1 olympic 7' barbell with 2" diamater (thick bar)
1 nautilus heavy duty bench (flat/incline/decline) with leg extensions/leg curls
dumbbells from 3 pounds to 65 (static)
1 olympic EZ Curl bar
4 dynamic olympic dumbbells (eg i can add my own weight), 2 of which are 'thicker grip' at 1+3/8"
many hundreds of pounds of olympic weights with tree to hold them
2 chinup bars
1 door-mounted dip station (easydip bar, works REALLY well, cantilever system)
1 dip belt
1 exercise bike that uses opposing magnets for its resistance

Kennedy and Ellesmere Goodlife Fitness in Toronto, Canada. It's got enough free weights there and about 4 squat racks. The membership is a bit pricey though for a student like myself; I might cancel it once I head to University of Toronto (Scarborough) assuming that their gym is extensive and not crowded.

David Nguyen

i work and train in LA Fitness in Glasgow, Scotland!!!

yeah baby

During the school year, I've been working out at Ohio State's Jesse Owens North facility. It used to be 4 basketball courts, but they converted one of them to weights 2 years ago, so it's pretty new!

jorcnorth.jpg

jorc-north1a.jpg

jorc-north1b.jpg

jorc-north1c.jpg

But when school's out (like it is right now during the summer), I have to go to another weightroom at Jesse Owens South facility. It's much older, dirtier, and has different types of weights. But the girls are cuter down on south campus, and I like the 0.8 mile jog back and forth before working out more than the 0.4 mile jog to the North Facility.

The main recreational hall at OSU (Larkins) is being redone right now, and is old as hell. I would know since I swim there all the time, but as far as the weightroom goes, I stay out of it. It'll be state of the art after I graduate, what timing.

What's also funny about my lifting situation is that at Jesse Owens North, none of us are all that big. We don't have many huge guys that you guys are used to, so it's pretty funny that I'm one of the stronger guys in there.

Down at Jesse Owens South and Larkins Hall, bigger guys work out. But everyone's still young... so I don't feel all that bad being smaller than all of you guys, but if I went to one of your pro gyms I'd definitely feel out of place!

Thought Id already posted in this thread, but obviously not!! I train at Total Fitness in Liverpool (UK). Its a massive fitness facility, but also has the largest free weights area in Liverpool. The hydro pool and the steam room are a godsend after a heavy night out!

Total Fitness Liverpool

Back