Whats your favorite nutritional ratio?

need2eat

Just wondering what everyone prefers.

Lets say, in regards to bulking.

I wont turn it into a debate either.
biggrin.gif

Favorite Nutritional Ratio?

Wow...

1 gram of protein per 1 pound of bodyweight... this just means that much more chicken, steak, milk, cheese, fish, and protein shakes!
laugh.gif

rock.gif

nutritional ratio ~ protein/carbs/fat

40%/40%/20%

50%/20%/30%

etc.  etc.

biggrin.gif

But since you bring it up, you know I just read a study that compared less than one gram of protein per bodyweight, to 1.5gram of protein per bodyweight and noticed a significant different in muscle gained by going to 1.5? The results also indicated that any more wasnt more effective. I just thought, no way in hell I can consume anymore chicken/tuna/protein shakes in a days time...I've grown to dislike eating but I do what I can, all in hope of that extra lbs of muscle....
biggrin.gif

I've gotten good results from 40-30-30, but despite the folks who think a calorie is a calorie I've found that it makes a difference what makes up those macros. For instance, the 30% fat needs to be from sources like olive oil and almonds rather than lard. Same thing for carbs ... I like whole grains and fruit rather than refined stuff. It seems to make a difference to my body composition. If I make a mistake with those macros I prefer to err towards more protein and less carbs.

You know if I breakdown my real bulking diet, which is a lot of rice/bread etc, with lots of protein from lean meat, fish and shakes, its probably 50-30-20 (carbs-pro-fat). I might benefit from more pro and might benifit from more fat, but its worked pretty well for me so far. When doing cardio with weights you need to pack in more carbs.

Remember its ratios so you could eat more pro without reducing the amount of carbs you eat, and still affect the ratio, which confuses things even more!

<div>
(leegee38 @ Jan. 08 2007,14:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've gotten good results from 40-30-30, but despite the folks who think a calorie is a calorie I've found that it makes a difference what makes up those macros. For instance, the 30% fat needs to be from sources like olive oil and almonds rather than lard. Same thing for carbs ... I like whole grains and fruit rather than refined stuff. It seems to make a difference to my body composition. If I make a mistake with those macros I prefer to err towards more protein and less carbs.</div>
Well that's obvious that you need to choose mostly unsaturated fats such as olive oil over transfats, heavy satured fatty food... the oils and fish can have EFA's... and the same argument goes for good carbs versus bad carbs using the Glycemic Index.

Regardless, it's best to keep total fat intake less than 35% of your diet.

I'm similar to Peak's diet, sometimes erring on the fat intake by going to restaurants. Who knows what you're eating then?

Damn, in my browser it said what's your favorite nut..........I thought we were talking cashews not macros
sad.gif

I eat around 40%c, 30%f, 30%p. Give ore take a few in each area. For protein, that works out to about 140 - 160 grams per day, and I weigh 160 lbs.

I eat a lot of beef, cheese, drink tons of milk, etc. I like fatty foods, they taste better and they allow me to eat a lot more before I get full.

Breakfast....yogurt and fruit.

Lunch today...three huge slices of gourmet pizza with bacon/ham/sausage/hamburger toppings.

Snack...big slice of cheesecake! And some other snacks, can't remember. This was pre-workout loading!
biggrin.gif

[work out]
Dinner....huge chicken breast marinated with spanish rice, stir-fried vegetables and a grilled ribeye steak on the side!

hmmm...time for a snack again, maybe ice cream?

I probably eat more fat than Totentanz!
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Yeh I just eat and eat too, I don't think its important, as long as you get enough protein, calories and EFA's. Sugar is such an easy way of getting calories, ice cream mmmmmmm
biggrin.gif

No breakfast
rock.gif

PSMF style lunch (Meat &amp; salad)
wink.gif

Low GI &quot;Tea AKA dinner&quot; or 40p/30c/30f Jambalaya
cool.gif

aint cutting nor bulking - jus waitin' for my gym roof to be put on...
sad.gif

Back