Where are you from?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spencer @ May 30 2002,11:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi thalapathi3!

Good to see someone here who has been here, Singapore. How old are you? What are u studying in the US now? Yes, orchard road! haha...our shopping paradise. You have relatives here in Singapore? Maybe, when you come visiting again, we can meet up.  
laugh.gif

In Singapore, we dont call it the metro but the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit). Dont be surprised to hear things explained in four different languages. We are a multi racial country where all races are treated equal. I have tamil friends as well![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Spencer am 26 yrs old and working on my masters in electrical engineering. I have a few friends working in motorola and amd in singapore. When i was there, i found it to be a clean and beautiful place and the taxis,bus and mrt were cheap and fast.
It was one of the best public transport systems i have seen. You might be surprised to know that almost everybody in the US has a car, unlike singapore where you need to be extremely rich to own a car. I liked Jurong,Sentosa and had some good food in Komalas in Serangoon road.

It is great to meet so many people with such diverse backgrounds and different places, with one common interest (HST) :)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spencer @ May 31 2002,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm from California, USA - San Jose/Silicon Valley specifically. (IMHO the capital of the world right now).

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

KingProtein, why is this so? Apart from the fact that Silicon Valley is the world famous centre for high tech IT startups.
hows life over at California? My impression of it: sunny, beautiful beaches, beautiful and health conscious people and the various Gold's Gyms. Does that cut it?

Regards
Spencer[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I call it the capital of the world mostly because it's where the latest technological innovations are coming from, the universities; Stanford and Berkeley, and all the corporate headquarters of all the big tech companies.  A technological hearthland.

Yes, your impressions of California are generally correct, it's sunny, the weather is usually great.  Unfortunately, plenty of Californians love their donuts.  The coveted six pack is still a rarity here for anyone over 18 years old.

KingProtein,

Kinda ironic when the US has such extensive research and knowledge in science, especially nutrition, human anatomy, bodybuilding and living a healthy lifestyle but more than 80% of US adult citizens are overweight. With such cutting edge knowledge, you would expect the people to be able to manage their bodies and lifestyle better.

I would figure that finding a job in your hometown be very difficult and competitive as many of the world's best brains are relocating there?

Hi Spencer..

Hehe, not much to say about my country except that I love living in it.
Love the nature and the people livin' in it. Pretty big area with very small amount of people (little less than 9 miljon), like that.
Stockholm also is a great city. Especially in the summer!

Im 18 years old. Been training since allmost a year back.
Studying at the moment, for atleast one more year (probably more).

Cheers!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spencer @ June 01 2002,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kinda ironic when the US has such extensive research and knowledge in science, especially nutrition, human anatomy, bodybuilding and living a healthy lifestyle but more than 80% of US adult citizens are overweight. With such cutting edge knowledge, you would expect the people to be able to manage their bodies and lifestyle better.

I would figure that finding a job in your hometown be very difficult and competitive as many of the world's best brains are relocating there?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'd say it's less of a lack of knowledge (though plenty of people suffer from that as well), mostly it is a lack of willpower.  This is the land of convenience, and people would just rather go to the drive-through.

Finding a job?  Probably not too bad, there's a high turnover rate, so there's always a few places hiring if you've got the right qualifications.  I wouldn't know for sure, I'm not in the tech field myself.  The biggest issue here is finding an affordable place to live (one that's somewhat close to where you work - and keep in mind the traffic we get here).  We're running out of land to build on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Love the nature and the people livin' in it. Pretty big area with very small amount of people (little less than 9 miljon), like that.
Stockholm also is a great city. Especially in the summer!

Newlifter, any special characteristics that only the Swedish have? Hey, the total population of Singapore is only about 3 to 4 million! The weather here is sunny all around, with the monsoon season in Nov, Dec. Kinda wonder what life would be like in countries with four seasons because i always hear &quot;Europeans bulking during winter, cutting for summer and thus be able to flaunt their bodies on the beaches&quot;
laugh.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is the land of convenience, and people would just rather go to the drive-through.

Yeah, i have heard of this as well. Life's getting too comfortable? :) Hows the pace of life over there? Do you have people breathing down your neck or they are friendly,sincere? Any special characteristics about Americans that you would like to point out?

God, i am beginning to stray away from HST....haha...but then again, no one is replying to my thread in the HST section (doing abit of advertising here) :D

Let this be the thread where everyone here get to know each other's facets of life other than HST.

Regards
Spencer

Hi, Spencer!

I was raised on the east coast of the United States (central Pennsylvania) and am now living in the &quot;Mile High City&quot;, Denver, Colorado.  The air seemed pretty thin when we moved here...  I remember my first puny leg workout here.  I spent most of the hour sucking air.   ;)

Nice to meet you!
Kate

Ok guys here it comes - I'm from New London, North Carolina, USA.

My town is very small , (1,000 people). We were named after London, England in 1876 when the British came over to mine gold here. They changed the name of our town to &quot;New London&quot;.

For those of you not from the US its on the east coast about midway in the country.

I also spend a lot of time in Montana and Santa Barbara, CA.

George

Hi,

I'm from Bath, England - Dave whereabouts are you from..???

I've travelled to a few european countries and North America (mainly Boston, Syracuse and Miami) and Canada (Toronto and Montreal).

I got married in Miami in 2000 which was pretty cool, better than a rainy day in England..

FAO - Steve McDermott - I have a cousin who lives just outside Boston in a place called Hingham - nice place I stayed there for three weeks about 7 years ago.. Do you know it..??

Spencer - I've heard of Singapore and know roughly where it is, my old boss has a brother who worked there, also a stopover for travelling to Australia I believe.

Cheers all
Stubob

Phoenix, Arizona. 112 F today (45 C). We say its a dry head but give me air conditioning anytime, especially for workouts. I think we need a sweating emoticon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nematic @ July 02 2002,06:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Phoenix, Arizona.  112 F today (45 C).  We say its a dry head but give me air conditioning anytime, especially for workouts.  I think we need a sweating emoticon.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I'm from southern NJ. We like to distance ourselves from the Northern Part of the state.  :D  In southern NJ we consider Northern NJ part of New York!  
tounge.gif
 LOL

Nematic - I am headed to Phoenix in a couple of weeks for business. Please get that place cooled off before I get there. I love the Phoenix area but 112 F is hot - good thing I won't be working outdoors, although if I was -  I might finally get my BF% under 10%
crazy.gif

Winnipeg, Manitoba, yeah it is in Canada and the winters are cold and the mosquitoes are bad in summer. Other than cold winter and mosquitoes nothing happens here, wish I lived in Singapore, summer all year round? Sounds great, bet you don't have mosquitoes there either?

Guys,

This is great! I thought this thread is fading away a few weeks before. But now, it is being revived! I am glad to see so many newcomers! Seems like the influx is getting bigger and bigger.

Looking through all the posts, we do have people from all over the world gathering here to discuss our passion: Bodybuilding. It moves me to see so many people of different races, ages, cultures and personalities talking a common language: Hypertrophy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wish I lived in Singapore, summer all year round? Sounds great, bet you don't have mosquitoes there either?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Reven, Summer all year round isnt great to me!
laugh.gif
The average temperature here is 31 degrees Celsius. I sweat alot, have a &quot;Ferrari&quot; metabolism, aged 19years old and all this doesnt help in hypertrophy! Its hard getting enough calories when most of it are burned off!

Well Spencer it still sounds great to me. Yeah having a average temp of 31 degrees Celsius could be a pain, but so is having only three months of summer with misquotes. The rest of the year is then a cold winter ranging anywhere from negative 15 degrees Celsius on the nice days and negative 35 on the cold. Ok that's enough of me complaining about where I live, the mosquitoes have just been bad lately. Any other problems then warm temp in Singapore? Oh and how are the beaches down there, sounds like it could be a nice place for a vacation?

Reven

Im origonally from Invercargill, New Zealand, but am currently living, working and studying in Dunedin New Zealand. Home of the Otago Highlanders Super 12 team (rugby for those who dont understand).

http://healthsci.otago.ac.nz/division/panoramas/pan2.htm

www.cityofdunedin.com

reasonably cool in winter, not too cold. Reasonably warm in summer, not too hot.

All around a nice little city (120,000 pop including 15000 students). A few hours from some of the worlds greatest ski fields, and some of the most impressive scenery in the world.

Back