Where are you from?

Howdy....

Born in Alberta (Canada). Grew up around the world (South America, Europe and even lived in South East Asia for 4+ years. I'm ex-mil, ex-personal sec who now works in the safety industry (Oil patch). Self confessed Pharm-Jack... I love to see what the body will do in the presence of powerful chemicals (Superhuman was/is the motto)... I'm trying to reform as it has proven to be "expensive" in more ways than one to be a guinea pig.
Love X-treme "hobbies"..... I wanna taste most...

I am absolutely stunned by this amazingly friendly site.... honest and pure... how can you not appreciate this, hey?

Warm regards to you all,

T-Type.

Hi Spencer
I live in Surrey in England but am lucky enough to train in many countries of the workd including yours.I train at the Amarit Spa in the now renamed Swiss Hotel right opposit Raffalls Hotel which i am sure you know.The gym there is equiped with Cybex equipment + free weights and also an excellent cardio section bikes( Life Cycle) 6 running machines rowers ect.I allways enjoy my workouts there and will be in Singapore on July 29 for a few days.Is there a World or Golds gym in Singapore somewhere the Raffalls area? I have just got back from Japan where a huge Typhoon is due to hit the southern islands on Wednesday! and i am off to San Paulo Brazil on Sunday where i train at a great gym & spa at the Renaissance Hotel in the city it to is equiped with a very comprehensive range of Cybex equipment and free weights + large cardio area.There is another comercial gym in the area and i will post its name when i return next week in case any other other fourm members visit the city and want to train.My wife and i love visiting your country( 2/3 times a year )The people are charming very polite and welcomming and you take great pride in your country.
train hard
best wishes john

Hello Everyone!
Wow, I can't believe how multinational this forum is. Being an American, I always just naturally assume that everyone else is also an American. I know it sounds arrogant, and it really is. Just one of the problems with this country. I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the Northern/Middle part of the U.S., on the border with Canada. So yes, I can sympathize with the guys who were complaining about the short hot summers, the long cold winters, and the mosquitoes. Take it easy everyone :)

Hi John!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I allways enjoy my workouts there and will be in Singapore on July 29 for a few days.Is there a World or Golds gym in Singapore somewhere the Raffalls area?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, theres no World or Golds gym here. But you can try the California Fitness Center in Raffles Place. I think its the best gym in the country but the membership cost a bomb! I am only 19 this year, with not much an allowance, i train at a neighbourhood gym.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My wife and i love visiting your country( 2/3 times a year )The people are charming very polite and welcomming and you take great pride in your country.
train hard
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Its great to hear that! You and your wife come here for business trips? Yes, i do take pride in my country, though i would like to travel the world like you guys. I always hear Europeans go on business trips or going out of their countries frequently. Seems like going to the nearby convenience store
laugh.gif

For me, i get very excited if we were to go on a holiday.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
john, i hope you will enjoy your stay in Singapore on the 29th of July. Maybe we can meet up but then again, i dont know what to expect.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello Everyone!
Wow, I can't believe how multinational this forum is. Being an American, I always just naturally assume that everyone else is also an American. I know it sounds arrogant, and it really is. Just one of the problems with this country.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Brew! I think the 911 incident is partly due to this problem. Heard from news that the terrorists are planning another attack....

Hi John!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I allways enjoy my workouts there and will be in Singapore on July 29 for a few days.Is there a World or Golds gym in Singapore somewhere the Raffalls area?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately, theres no World or Golds gym here. But you can try the California Fitness Center in Raffles Place. I think its the best gym in the country but the membership cost a bomb! I am only 19 this year, with not much an allowance, i train at a neighbourhood gym.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My wife and i love visiting your country( 2/3 times a year )The people are charming very polite and welcomming and you take great pride in your country.
train hard

Its great to hear that! You and your wife come here for business trips? Yes, i do take pride in my country, though i would like to travel the world like you guys. I always hear Europeans go on business trips or going out of their countries frequently. Seems like going to the nearby convenience store
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
john, i hope you will enjoy your stay in Singapore on the 29th of July. Maybe we can meet up but then again, i dont know what to expect.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello Everyone!
Wow, I can't believe how multinational this forum is. Being an American, I always just naturally assume that everyone else is also an American. I know it sounds arrogant, and it really is. Just one of the problems with this country.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hi Brew! I think the 911 incident is partly due to this problem. Heard from news that the terrorists are planning another attack....

Hi John!

train hard

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey everyone, i cant believe the number of people here who are not from the U.S. I hope to one day travel to europe.
-Chicago, Illinois (southside)

I'm from Philadelphia, PA. Lived here most of my life (52 years), except for time in the Navy. I agree with jayd- it's really great to see suh an international crowd in here!
Jake

In the 'burbs outside of L.A. California(Otherwise known as &quot;The Valley&quot;), and man, is it HOT right now!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Self confessed Pharm-Jack... I love to see what the body will do in the presence of powerful chemicals (Superhuman was/is the motto)... I'm trying to reform as it has proven to be &quot;expensive&quot; in more ways than one to be a guinea pig.

Hi T-Type. Me too! I love to read about steroids, how they can stretch things to supraphysiological levels, androgen receptors, HPTA, 17-alpha-alkalyted etc etc. You get what i mean? I love all these bombastic words!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Of course, i dont take them as i am only 19 now and i am well aware of the risks involved even if i take it later in life. But its very tempting i must say. :D

I love reading all about endocrinology, biochemistry, physiology and the likes. I am doing a business diploma now and i must say my interest aint there. Thought of going overseas to pursue a life sciences degree as it seems the education systems overseas like Australia or the USA are more liberal and it allow cross disciplines (as business and science are two totally different things).

But i admit things will be difficult. Adjusting to the different cultures. Just attended a lesson in &quot;International Business&quot; today. Was talking about the American culture.

&quot;Americans believe in fighting for individual rights&quot;, &quot;Americans emphasize on individualism hence the high degree of social mobility&quot;. &quot;Americans are aggressive and expect foreigners to be the same as them&quot;

True?

Like KingProtein I live in the California Bay Area -- though I'm not a big fan of it and I'm looking to escape.  I've dodged 4 rounds of layoffs -- when the sword of Damocles inevitably severs my career here I'm gone.

Nematic's stomping grounds are where I'd like to be.  Phoenix is great.  I'll trade 120 degrees for Bay Area congestion, rolling blackouts and Berzerkely nonsense any day.

As for my knowledge of Singapore -- I know you cane snotty American vandals.  Thumbs up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for my knowledge of Singapore -- I know you cane snotty American vandals. Thumbs up.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was a long time ago! Michael Fay, the boy who vandalised and got caned in Singapore. Wonder where and how is he now?

military brat, born in Spain, raised in Spain, Germany and different parts of the US. Now in Houston Texas for the last 20 years. And no I don't have an oil well in my backyard, nor longhorn steer, nor cactus ;)

Back