Who is better, Ronnie or Arnold (Take the poll)

<div>
(Totentanz @ Oct. 03 2006,01:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">At least until someone comes out with a working myostatin inhibitor anyway....</div>
How do we know that the top guys are not testing some early form of this already? Apparently Ronnie was 290/295lbs on stage! That is rediculously huge.
wow.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Oct. 02 2006,21:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">How do we know that the top guys are not testing some early form of this already? Apparently Ronnie was 290/295lbs on stage! That is rediculously huge.  
wow.gif
</div>
When Ronnie was intorduced onstage at the 2006 Mr.Olympia, his weight was given as 300lbs. WoW!

Ronnie and Jay both look like crap as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite BB from back in the day is Frank Zane. To me he had the most natural, symmetrical and proportional physique of them all.

Naturally Arnold all the way. He has the natural equilibrium and classic bodybuilding look. Although in todays mass competition I think Arnold would blow the best away.
My decision however is substantiated by more than just physique. Sports and results wise...Arnold was o Five time Mr Universe and seven time Olympia..just to name the top competitions. And Ronnie?
Most importantly, Arnold put bodybuilding on the map! The rest as we say is history.

I guess I never said in my last post....but Arnold to me is the more complete bodybuilder between him and Ronnie. Ronnie is just a mass monster....He looks like a bodybuilding blow up doll! lol....

i think RC looks huge, that is impressive. But to me Arnold looks incredible. He looks more human and less artificially enhanced that does RC...

I think the question could have been &quot;Who would you rather not have chasing you down a dark alley, Ronnie or Ah-nold?&quot;

There's a lot to be said for sheer mass. Of course I could probably outRUN Coleman.

Well yeah, did you see Ronnie on Jay Leno? Some little dork raced him and easily won.

Ronnie just does not look healthy at all...IMO.

Arnold looks like he is more healthy...and I would think he would be back in the Golden Era?...but who knows!

I would love to see Dexter Jackson and people like Shawn Ray (even though he is retired) start to get rewarded!

Bulldog on Oct. 05 2006,04:28

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ronnie and Jay both look like crap as far as I'm concerned.

My favorite BB from back in the day is Frank Zane.  To me he had the most natural, symmetrical and proportional physique of them all. </div>

I could not agree more, exactly my view, Zane was always my favourite, he was the proportion master his posing too was the best!
biggrin.gif

For the vote - the governor wins. RC scares the hell out of me, and just looks to be without proportion. I don't doubt his strength nor mass - but there's something to be said for how the mass LOOKS in proportion to the body. Coleman would look amazing if he were as tall as Yao Ming - can you guys imagine stretching that mass out maybe a couple more feet? THAT would look cool - but still scary as hell.

For my fave - I agree with Fausto and Bulldog - Frank Zane was and still is the best when compared to current day BB's. I read a recent interview with him, and I just hope I can maintain the same dedication he has when I get to be his age. I feel the same about Old &amp; Grey, wherever he is.

All of the above is IMO, natch.
cool.gif

I voted for Arnold.  The man had a 33 inch waist while weighing 230 lbs!!

Credit to Ronnie, the man is huge, incredibly strong, but he just lacks visual appeal for me.

I have always thought that Arnold just looked better, maybe he wasn't bigger than ronnie, maybe he wasn't stronger than ronnie, but he still looked way better IMO.

And I have always been a big fan of Flex Wheeler's physique and proportions.

Since this did turn into a &quot;Who looks better than&quot; thread, I have this fascination with Kevin Levrone's physique - he just looks massive yet balanced to me (or did, haven't seen him lately) and has those awesome arms!

Shawn Ray to me is about as big as you can get without looking too disgusting.

I think he competed at about 205-215 pounds....even then he looks a little too freaky.

I like Franco Coulombo back in the day!

Back