your results with HST...

thanks lance :D

a couple things i forgot to mention yesterday (i was in a hurry actually - i know hard to believe when looking at how long my post was... i guess i just like talking/writing about my self *hehe*) :

1) never used any kind doping

2) during HST cycles I ate like a pig *hehe* mostly chicken/turkey, lean beef/pork, curd cheese, cottage cheese, tuna, eggs, milk - keeping protein intake at about 180-200 grams per day – olive oil and rapeseed oil and tons of rice, potatoes, veggies and fruits, no flour products, no sugar

I used to have a program (well program is too much said) I build me a excel-chart where I had all my products stored with all the nutrients and I only had to punch in the meals for a week with he according weight and it would tell me my total carbs fat and protein .. but it took too much time to weigh everything and I got all upset when I wasn’t able to stick strictly to my plan … well I kind of felt like a had an eating disorder (although I generally agree with Bryans article on that topic:D)

anyway by the time i did HST I just started eating less strictly controlled. I had a set of products I would eat and I incorporated some “principles” regarding the meals before and after the workout and paid attention to buy products that are as natural as possible and as little processed as possible (with the exception of the vitamin/mineral-pills I just can’t leave those out although I might imagine that my intake of vitamins is sufficient anyways and i know they aren't as good as their natural counterparts …. well even if its only a placebo effect I feel like I get sick more often when I don’t swallow that stuff *lol*) . I tried to keep carb, fat and protein intake at a level that seemed appropriate to me.

3) I’ve been throwing in a 1-month-creatin-“cycle” once in a while after a couple years of training but I think during the time of HST training I only did one or two (I lost all my records when my notebook was stolen … that kinda sucks)

that should be it

thanks for listening .... aehm reading i mean

:D
worship.gif

oh yea one last thing ( no i'm not deliberatly trying to bore you *hehe*)

one thing that alway seemed kind of funny to me (although it migt be explainable and is actually something i liked very much):

my strength went through the roof .. i even felt that increases in strength were unproportional to increases in size when compared to my progress before HST (wicht might be explained by sacromere hypertrophy from HST in comparison to sacroplasmic hypertrophy form other programms i used or "build" well i never had the time to really think about it a lot in that year i was to busy growing getting stronger :D but i'll take the time now which is why i'm here)

as an example (like i said i don't have most records any more and i remember bench because its been my favourite exercise from the very beginning
blush.gif
and i always liked to brag about it): my best 1RM before HST was about 220 lbs and about and about 360 after the HST cycles .. see what i mean? ....

man i just love HST for that once again THANKS :D

well unless i used the unit-converter in a wrong manner :D

hmm nope just double-checked it 162,5Kg = 359lbs *hehe*

well i just hope that i'll be back there soon
sad.gif

Hy BoSox

....about a year .... 5 HST cycles to be precise ... which i did wirte in my posts befor .. you could just look at page 16 of the thread where it sais:

"... well a year later after 5 HST cycles (2 basic 3 "tweeked" ->working out every 36 hours and altering rep schemes and taking volume into account) i gained 55 pounds (with surprisingly little fat for such a gain) in total and an amazing 45 pounds compared to my best stage ever before HST - a little bit bigger than photos at bottom (there i lost 10 pounds again since i was in the army and couldn't eat train or sleep properly)"

*hehe* but i didn't expect people to read those huge posts from the begining to the end anyways so i don't mind writing it again .... ;)

well have to run the metro won't wait :D

greets

Ilja

No need to skinnyman

1) work out according to the HST principals
2) eat a LOT and eat healthy
3) get some sleep
and
4) don't let ur life stress you too much

you will grow - if you do all that above you'll grow more than you ever expected ;)

greets

Ilja

yes i am fighting for it hahah
tounge.gif

i finally found the right workouts for me without getting injured and fixed my diet. my genetics sucks but i'm fighting for it. lol
tounge.gif
great job abadonna
thumbs-up.gif

Let's try and keep this thread to posting results if you need to discuss something please do so in another topic.
Thanks

BTW FANTASTIC JOB Abadonna
thumbs-up.gif

Fished my 1st cycle and had some 'not-so-great' results:
Overall, I gained about 9 lbs. I put on a little fat, but I don't look much bigger and I'm noticable less cut.
Here are My Pics.
The first set shows the weight I lost on Body for Life. I didn't take pics for the 2nd BFL cycle, but I really tightened up my diet and increased the cardio. I started HST off of a very low calorie deit (1400 - 1700 cals/day). I started at 2500 calories and put on 4 lbs literally within days (probably a lot of water from my cals being so low before). After that weight gain stopped, so I kept upping the calories, finally setting at 3200/day - but I felt bloated most of the time.
I need some advice here - where do I need to go? Another cutting cycle? Even at my leanest, I've never had abs. I don't want to keep pushing the calories up, cause I don't want to be fat like I was before, and I put on fat easily. My diet is always very good (egg whites, tuna, oatmeal, fruit, veggies . . .) Maybe a full cycle at maintence (2500?)?

Thanks for your advice.

You should make this in another thread as to not steer away from this threads reasons, just to post your results.

I just finished my cycle. I actually stopped after only about a week and a half of the 'negatives' portion, since I got a stomach illness that screwed things up.

Oh well.

I'm really satisfied with my cycle. I gained about 10 pounds, though I haven't had a carb refeed or anything yet, so I guess it could be slightly more. There is very noticeable size gain in my chest and shoulders. I haven't measured them yet, but they have grown enough that people are commenting.
I checked my bodyfat percentage and it is the same as before I began the cycle, so that means I gained about 1 pound of fat. Not too bad considering the massive amount of food I was eating.

I'm very satisfied with these gains, though I guess 10 pounds may not sound like a lot to some people - it it a lot to me! It's the most I've ever gained in such a short period. I've always had an extremely hard time gaining weight because I have to eat insane amounts of calories to gain anything.

Unfortunately, my lats didn't grow much, which I was hoping to gain some mass on. Maybe my back doesn't grow that well compared to the rest of my body, I don't know. I actually measured my upper arms and I have gained size on them, though I think it is mostly in my triceps. My biceps look bigger to other people, but I suppose it could be due to the larger triceps... they do look more cut though. There is definitely more definition in my biceps.

My chest... oh man, am I satisfied with the growth there. My chest used to be relatively flat. It's something that's plagued me all my life. I've gained some serious size there. It's great. You can see my pecs through my shirt now! Hah.
My thighs gained size too, but they've always grown easily. No one sees those though, and they are already big, so it's no biggie to me.

My strength also increased significantly.

Overall, I am VERY happy with HST. I am going to formulate my next workout. I want to keep it simple this time. I used a fair amount of isolations this time around, which I'm going to scrap next time. I want to cut it down to primarily compounds, with maybe some extra work for my back. But I'll discuss that in a different thread...

HST has definitely made a believer out of me.

@Totentanz: wow! congratulations.you did some nice work.
and 10pounds is not a lot??? this is a lot even when on roids!!!

10pounds lean mass is good gain for a whole year! and you did it in one cycle. 5cycles a year ->50pounds...?!?¨?¨'!'?=(&/(%ççç()==

keep on the VERY good work

best regards

Thanks. I consider it a huge gain, but some of the people I've heard made it sound like it wasn't something to brag about.

I'm not really expecting my gains to be as good on my next cycles. I think the main reason I did so well is because this is the first time I've actually had any structure to my diet and my exercise. Still, I find it really exciting, and I'm spreading the word about HST to everyone I know who is interested in fitness.

Hi there. Here are the gains for my first cycle:

Measurements before HST:
Bicep: 36,5 cm
chest: 109cm
waist: 96cm
leg: 56cm

I started my first 15rep session jan 17th, then I was 84kg. I estimate that I'm 12.5% bodyfat to 13% bodyfat at that time.

I extended HST by one week as I'm doing this without a spotter.

I ended march 17th with my last 5rm/negative session. On march 12th I had measured bodyfat percentage as 14,5% and weight of 88kg

New measurements on the 20th of march:
Left arm, 39cm
Right arm, 38,4cm
chest, 109cm
waist: 94cm
Legs: 60cm

Next HST session will be a cutting session.

S.

I just finished my first cycle.
gained 11lbs (a good portion of it being muscle)
3/4 inch on my arms
1 1/2 inch on my legs
and my chest measurement was wrong the first time around, either that or I supposedly gained 11 inchs on my chest....
wow.gif

supplementing with protien and flax I had my nutrtion in order tracking my calories at fitday.

It was a lot of work, but Im SDing right now and plan on starting my next bulking cycle in a week and a half

I took my measurements last night.

Somehow I gained an inch on both forearms, which surprised me. I gained 3/4 of an inch on my left upper arm, 1/2 inch on my right upper arm, 1 inch on my chest (I could have sworn it looked like more than that...) lost half an inch on my stomach and waist, thighs are 1 inch larger, calves remained the same size (no surprise, since I didn't really hit them) and shoulders are 2 inches wider.

I'm pretty satisfied. I think this next cycle is going to go better, now that I know what I'm doing.

Good work Totentanz.

I finished my second cycle last night. Before the W/O I was 202, a 12 pound gain. Gained 27 pounds altogether.

Thanks again Bryan.
thumbs-up.gif

I'm going to finish my first HST cycle this afternoon. I took measurements this morning; my results are as follows:

February 12, 2005
Height: 5'4"
Upper Right Arm: 14"
Upper Left Arm: 13.75"
Shoulders: 46"
Chest: 37.5"
Right Thigh (measured 2" above knee, at vastus medialis): 18"
Left Thigh (measured 2" above knee, at vastus medialis): 18.5
Right Calf: 15.5"
Left Calf: 15.5"
Neck: 14.5"
Waist: 31"
Weight: 141
Bodyfat: 16%

April 5, 2005
Height: 5'4" (stayed the same
tounge.gif
)
Upper Right Arm: 14.5" +0.5"
Upper Left Arm: 14.5" +0.75"
Shoulders: 46.5" +0.5"
Chest: 38.5" +1"
Right Thigh (measured 2" above knee, at vastus medialis): 18.5" +0.5"
Left Thigh (measured 2" above knee, at vastus medialis): 19" +0.5
Right Calf: 15.5" (stayed the same)
Left Calf: 15.5" (stayed the same)
Neck: 15" +0.5"
Waist: 31.5" +0.5
Weight: 148 +7 pounds
Bodyfat: 17% + 1 percent, or about 3 pounds fat

The thing I did wrong for most of my cycle was eat at maintenance, instead of 500 or so extra calories per day for muscle growth. I adjusted my calories upward in the form of carbs a couple of weeks ago and saw an immediate improvement in muscular fullness and size. That's when I started to gain weight, too--some of it in the form of fat, but I've finally accepted that as necessary to gain muscle.

Despite my dietary errors I'm pleased with my results, especially in my arms. I absolutely can't believe the gains I made there--had to keep measuring and re-measuring because it just didn't seem as though it could be right.
I'm looking forward to a restful SD, and even more so to my next cycle.  
thumbs-up.gif

Back