2 month SD and return to BB

quadancer

After the job ended, I got busy again. Two months with NO exersize at all outside of some carpentry and housework. Here's me near the end, Sept. 20
TooSoft.jpg

...and a week of cutting and very light 15's got me here:
Outtashape.jpg

...and today I've finished 7 workouts of 15's...beginning to show a little recovery:
After15s.jpg

OBSERVATIONS:
I lost a LOT of strength, gained fat.
Every set is a cardio set - no VO2max at all.
Any gains right now are memory of course. But I wonder if there isn't hypertrophy even with light weights after reaching former size. I guess I'll find out.
Metabolism is still sluggish. Wasn't that great before anyway though.

You look ready for a comeback. I think the 'muscle-memory' gains will be great for both of us after long layoffs.
Don't forget diet issues, thats half the battle.
One thing I have learned is that the key to good progress in the mirror is watching what I eat. I am giving myself 12 weeks of HST and some more conservative eating and I should get the 'ripped' look going. I no longer care so much about size as much as being lean. I am turning 30 soon, and as you older guys know, the older you get the harder it is to get lean. So my goal this HST cycle is to get lean and stay lean. No more fast-bulking to 215 and all that crazy stuff. It works great for strength but I want washboard abs before I try to gain any size.

Quad the build and and frame is there.

Nothing that about 2 months of lifitng want bring right back out.

Looking at your avatar you look like a moose...looking at the current pics it looks like you have just not trained in a while.

I am sure that muscle memory will kick in real soon!

Take the SD to its advantage and maybe start with a 2 week cycle of 15's and ease back into the heavy weights!

Thanx guys. I just DID the two weeks of 15's and started the tens today. I just got tickled enough at the immediate reward of MM - enough to get over the embarrassment of letting myself turn into a lardbutt. Overnight.
One key thing: I feel better. That'll keep me going.

Actually I can see good.

Delt developement as well as traps and biceps and good forarm developement.

On the last picture your delt and trap tie in looks good!

You're not so bad. Heck, if you were to stand on your head, you'd have the same figure you had in high school...
smile.gif

High school? You mean there was something back before "High" school? I can't remember that far!

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You look ready for a comeback. I think the 'muscle-memory' gains will be great for both of us after long layoffs.</div>

This is why I don't mind losing some muscle during a good cut. I have muscles with great memory.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">High school? You mean there was something back before &quot;High&quot; school? I can't remember that far!

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. </div>

Unfortunately, my brain lacks much of any memory.

Quad... nice going, you can see some change in definition.

I agree with Joe.Muscle: You've got frame.

Keep things in perspective Quad and don't get discouraged: Strength is muchos neuros and tends
to drop pretty fast. Also, most ppl don't get huge doing 15's. You're at step one of putting things
back together and already I and others can see the changes.

Everything is moving along as it should. In no time you will be cruising with higher weights.

Brian discussed a study in a ThinkMuscle newsletter, if I recall correctly, wherein those who
detrained saw an increase in the expression of Type II Myosin Heavy Chain isoforms. I don't
know if that sort of thing sticks around for 2 months, though one thing is for sure and that is
the status of your recovery reserves: full. I think this cycle will move very quickly. I wouldn't
hesitate to adjust parameters if your progress in this cycle is faster than those you have
previously done, in part due to memory, in part due to full reserves. If you have experience
eating for mass then consider pulling out all the stops. When it comes time to detrain
initiate the fat loss methods and watch the muscle emerge.

Think anabolic thoughts.

-Q.P.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Think anabolic thoughts.</div>
Haha! Newest training secret Q?

I'm in that hard place between too fat to bulk and not wanting to cut because I want some size back. My worst obstacle.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm in that hard place between too fat to bulk and not wanting to cut because I want some size back. My worst obstacle. </div>

Put faith into your muscles' memories.

Indeed. If I recall, a study was done wherein one group performed
a generic strength training program and another group sat around and
thought about performing better than their tested 1 RM.

At the end of study, both groups increased 1RM significantly.

I kid you not.

Thank God for MM! Getting stronger daily, and bigger just on maint. cals. - I'm blown away and excited that this is just 30 days!
I learned more about &quot;Paint&quot; doing this!

Okay, so tell me again: which is the &quot;before&quot; picture and which is the &quot;after&quot;...?

Just kidding!
smile.gif

[ducks and runs...]

Progress continues; I'm about where I was after the last bulk @ 209 lbs. My relaxed comparison shot is here, the camera just managed to get my ghut in...
12-5-07001.jpg

Back