295 with abs Jay Cutler

I coulda sworn i said shoulder alignment. Sry. If you are growing equally to where all your muscles are perfect....which is almost impossible.

I think pectoral growth causes more problems than any other muscles with what i have seen because they pull the shoulders foward.

<div>
(Cova @ Dec. 06 2006,14:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I coulda sworn i said shoulder alignment. Sry.  If you are growing equally to where all your muscles are perfect....which is almost impossible.

I think pectoral growth causes more problems than any other muscles with what i have seen because they pull the shoulders foward.</div>
Dowager's Hump is what that's called I believe.  Easily offset though by simply having a balanced workout and not doing pecs exclusively.

You know who is real impressively built, cut and proportioned? Dexter Jackson. That guy is closer to the ideal physique I think most of us have in mind from back in the golden days of the sport. Because his midsection isn't out of control his shoulders and legs look all the more impressive.

Dexter Jackson-best physique on the planet right now, if you ask me, but apparently you can't win Mr. Olympia unless you have a 40&quot; GH gut!
ghostface.gif
laugh.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 06 2006,17:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dexter Jackson-best physique on the planet right now, if you ask me, but apparently you can't win Mr. Olympia unless you have a 40&quot; GH gut!
ghostface.gif

laugh.gif
</div>
That right!

I have been trying to get big for 13 years.

I have ate perfectly 5 of those years...tried everything under the sun supplement wise and never missed a workout for about 4 years straight.

I have done it all from body for life to arnold crazy routines and now HST for past 2 years (which is the best) and....long story short I am know where close to being too big!!!

At best I look like a very athletic ball player...with more cuts of course.

So dont worry about getting too big
biggrin.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 06 2006,17:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dexter Jackson-best physique on the planet right now, if you ask me, but apparently you can't win Mr. Olympia unless you have a 40&quot; GH gut!
ghostface.gif

laugh.gif
</div>
I really don't think Cutler has a bad GH gut to be honest.  If you look at him posing at various angles his waist tapers up to his thorax without much if any bulging in the middle.  Unlike Coleman and a lot of others with noticable guts.  Cutler just looks inordinately massive and thick, his waist isn't particulars small.  But in the end I think he's done a very good job of avoiding the GH gut look.

I agree on Jackson. Overall he is has the best proportion and symmetry. A huge physique I wouldn't mind having myself. He reminds me of Nubret actually who is another BBer who was very well balanced overall. Maybe nothing in particular is very impressive on them to some people, but the overall level of development. proportion and symmetry are astounding.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Dec. 07 2006,12:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Serge Nubret ....looked awesome.

And you know all he did was bench press for his pecs.</div>
Wasn't aware of that. I think were he competing today he'd likely be told to bring his legs up a bit, but aside from that he had an amazing physique.

It's also the massive eating these days and heavier core lifts that I think are contributing to the thicker midsections. I don't think BBers today are at the same level of physical fitness that BBers of the golden age were. They were necessarily smaller and probably couldn't lift as much on average as BBers do today because of it, but they could also run and had a higher level of aerobic fitness than the BBers of today.

I'm getting a bit bored with today's pro bbers.  I bet most of the olympia contenders get winded just tying their shoes.  Looking at some of these guys is like looking at a belgian blue cow

These days, I'm much more impressed by strongmen (mariusz, marunde, etc.), and am going to lean more towards training like one of them after I finish this cut on the 22nd. I haven't measured any bodyparts in months. Just doesn't interest me much to know the size of anything anymore. Numbers in my log book always take top priority, so might as well change my focus.

I have never heard of that cow.
rock.gif
That thing is a freaking beast! But yeah, when you can relate people to a cow......

The Belgian Blue has a defective myostatin gene probably induced from 150 years of selective breeding to get the muscle level up as much as poss.

Check out this baby:

belgian.blue.jpg

If working myostatin blockers are available on the black market I wonder if that's why Ronnie can casually say that he will have no problem getting bigger for next years Mr O? Probably not but I'm sure it will eventually happen. I mean, as there are folks out there who willingly Synthol themselves into the 'book of freaks' then, sadly, for such folks taking a myostatin blocker would be a no brainer.
sad.gif

Steve,

I am with you man...I would push the strenght limit more If It were not for scare of re injury.

But if your lifts are going up and you are eating you know as well as I do that your muscles are getting bigger!

Heavier core lifts do not necessarily make the mid-section larger. The BB's from the 40'-50's were usually very strong &amp; powerful olympic lifters, such as John Grimek. The BB contests back then usually also had a lifting portion of the competition.

Check out Tommy Kono:

http://www.cbass.com/Kono.htm

Not huge, but big, muscular and pretty damn strong. No big gut and no drugs.

Holy moly, Lol!

I looked at that cow and started thinking &quot;Jurassic Park&quot;. It's a dinocow, courtesy of genetic engineering.

I guess it's an apt comparison to bodybuilding at the pro level. It seems like that's where it has been headed since the introduction of steroids back in the '60s or thereabouts.

I think Nubret had one of the best physiques around and perfect symmetry, anyone who thinks he should have more mass in his thighs should go and take a bath
laugh.gif

I don't care much for Cutler or Coleman, they don't look too different to the blue cow shown here!
laugh.gif

Simply Awesome.

And if any of you guys want to talk to him he posts regular over at BB.com

(Yes it really is him to)

Back