295 with abs Jay Cutler

Jay actually impressed me this year, to stand next to Coleman and actually look larger is a feat that took him several years to accomplish. Just look at the vids from the last few olympias and you'll see how Jay has really blown up. It's actually quite amazing and impressive.

He must have wanted it real bad.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Dec. 04 2006,12:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like the comparison between Cutler and that little guy in the picture Cova linked.  It's just funny.  That little guy is staring at that barbell with 135 lbs on it - what is he going to do?  Is he going to deadlift that thing?  135 lb deadlift.  Woah buddy.  Even if he's just going to do a clean and press or something, that's still a pissant weight.  That guy is maybe the size of one of Cutler's thighs, if he's lucky.</div>
ROTFLMFAO!!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Seriously though, that guy is small, but he has some pretty nice pecs and abs...I am a scrawny wimp myself compared to some, but I bet that guy's upper-arms are not much bigger than my forearms.
*Remind me never to post my pics for Totentanz to critique...I would hate to have him publicly declare me a little pissant and compare my entire body to the size of Cutler's thigh.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Dec. 04 2006,14:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Jay actually impressed me this year, to stand next to Coleman and actually look larger is a feat that took him several years to accomplish. Just look at the vids from the last few olympias and you'll see how Jay has really blown up. It's actually quite amazing and impressive.

He must have wanted it real bad.</div>
I admire Jay also..he looks like a freak, but I have to give him credit. He has worked his a$$ off for years to get like that. Yes, he has good genetics and probably an entire pharmacy in his basement, but he has paid his dues with years of hardcore lifting. It takes a very dedicated man to get to the top.
Congrats!

<div>
(Totentanz @ Dec. 04 2006,17:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like the comparison between Cutler and that little guy in the picture Cova linked.  It's just funny.  That little guy is staring at that barbell with 135 lbs on it - what is he going to do?  Is he going to deadlift that thing?  135 lb deadlift.  Woah buddy.  Even if he's just going to do a clean and press or something, that's still a pissant weight.  That guy is maybe the size of one of Cutler's thighs, if he's lucky.</div>
Ha, ha. Yeah, he looks weedy next to Jay, but he looks a helluva lot better than I do right now. Damn flabby fat spoils everything.

Yeah, he looks pretty good. If you like that sort of look. When I look at a guy like that, I think &quot;wow, he looks quick&quot; not &quot;wow, he looks strong.&quot; The fitness guy look is what a lot of people want and admire.

Jay has actually said in an interview that he doesn't prefer the way he looks. However he says its neccisary to be the best in the Ifbb right now.

He then goes on to state that when he finishes competing he is going to continue to workout but he says he desire to be around 220 and lean for the rest of his life.

So that puts him cutting about 50 pounds of muscle when he retires.

He is one of the few pros who talks like he is educated plus he invests in real estate also pretty heavily...so he actually has a brain and is setting himself up for retirement.

Unlike Ronnie who seems to buy bentley's and whatever with his winnings.

But this is coming from me a Financial advisor
laugh.gif

Joe: Interesting about Jay. I certainly prefer his taste in music.

I must say, when I first saw one of Ronnie's vids I was really hoping that I would find someone with something really interesting to say and not just a mutton head.

&quot;Light weight baby&quot; was funny for a while but it soon became apparent that yet again superior genetics and lots of drugs were the real stars of the show.

Don't financial advisors drive around in Bentleys?
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Dec. 04 2006,21:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Don't financial advisors drive around in Bentleys?  
biggrin.gif
</div>
Hehe.

Lets just say when Business gets that good I know were to put it, and its definatly not in and car for a investment. hehe.

You would be surprised what a good ol mutual fund and systematic deposits can get you these days.

Thats why I admire Jay. With that level of income and the right decisions he can be set for life in under 10 years of working.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I guess my point is ... many speak of genetic potential yet we truly do not know what this is. Granted he used copius amounts of aid to acheive it but the bottom line is our genetic potential is not a static setpoint and obviously we can manipulate it. If we couldn't then Jay would never have beat Ronnie because his genes wouldn't allow him.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Dec. 04 2006,12:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like the comparison between Cutler and that little guy in the picture Cova linked.  It's just funny.  That little guy is staring at that barbell with 135 lbs on it - what is he going to do?  Is he going to deadlift that thing?  135 lb deadlift.  Woah buddy.  Even if he's just going to do a clean and press or something, that's still a pissant weight.  That guy is maybe the size of one of Cutler's thighs, if he's lucky.</div>
Actually that looks like 205lb not 135 lb (there are two plates there).

At 5’-6” I’m about the size of Jay’s calf. Unfortunately we can’t all be 6'+ and pull 400-500lb DL’s like you Totentanz. I'll keep working at it though! The weight anyhow....I don't think I'll ever get any taller!
wink.gif

I think that guy looks damn good. If given the chance, I'd change physical genetics with that guy in a heartbeat, because I don't imagine it's very difficult for him to stay lean, and it takes a ton of work for me to get lean. If I was smaller, I'd probably want the genetics to get bigger though. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

Here is his 2007 diet

Pretty interesting

2007 Off Season Nutrition Strategy

Meal 1 15 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 4 slices of Ezekial toast, 1 cup (dry) of Ezekial with one cup of coffee.

Meal 2 10 oz. steak with 2 cups of rice.

Pre-Workout 1 scoop of Cell-Tech.

Workout Train for an hour {workout guidelines below}

Post-Workout 1 scoop of Cell-Tech with 3 scoops of Anator P70.

Meal 3 10 oz. of chicken with 4 cups of rice (cooked).

Meal 4 10 oz. of buffalo meat with 2 cups of rice.

Meal 5 10 oz. of turkey, one cup of Ezekial cereal and 2 slices of Ezekial bread.

Meal 6 3 scoops of Nitro-Tech and 4 slices of Ezekial bread.

Looking for a great fat free oatmeal cookie recipe? Click here.

I am staying very basic with my off season program in 2007. I stick to 3 or 4 exercises per bodypart. Total sets for each bodypart are 9-12. Reps are 8-10. This is a lot less than the past, but I am training with more weights and feeling it better. I am back to heavy squats, heavy benching, and heavy rowing for more thickness and muscle maturity. 2007 will be my best package ever. Fore more training routines, check out my book, CEO Muscle, or

Haha funny....Yeah that is what he barbell curls in the workout demonstration in a book i have. I just couldnt find any of those pictures to refer to online. That is a lot to curl to me though....I mean my curl max is around 75-80. I guess that is proportionally good if you look at my lbm of around 130.  
blush.gif

Yeah i feel embarrassed just saying that. Hey people have to start somewhere and starting is better than being a fast but small TKD kid for the rest of highschool.

If you were to add in the average BB's lats and traps on Andy you guys wouldn't dis him so much. Personally, i think your traps shouldnt eat your head and you shouldn't have wings of muscle on the sides of your back.... I prefer proportial muscle growth, not some body parts devour others.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Dec. 05 2006,13:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I guess my point is ... many speak of genetic potential yet we truly do not know what this is. Granted he used copius amounts of aid to acheive it but the bottom line is our genetic potential is not a static setpoint and obviously we can manipulate it. If we couldn't then Jay would never have beat Ronnie because his genes wouldn't allow him.</div>
Dan, I guess what I meant by superior genetics was the shape of Ronnie's muscle bellies, the symmetry he has etc. not the size he has built through years of lifting.

However, we all know that Ronnie wouldn't be that big and strong without drugs. Maybe if 10 years from now you can show me someone who has used MS and reached that level without drugs or genetic manipulation (c'mon Sci, get back to that thar liftin', you labcoat!
biggrin.gif
), then genetic potential will take on a new meaning again.

What about gene doping in the future? Maybe it's going on already?
rock.gif

Doping

When I think of Ronnie I think of two things.

Phenomenal Biceps and bicep peaks.

Then I think of him being 50 pounds overweight!

<div>
(Cova @ Dec. 06 2006,00:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you were to add in the average BB's lats and traps on Andy you guys wouldn't dis him so much. Personally, i think your traps shouldnt eat your head and you shouldn't have wings of muscle on the sides of your back.... I prefer proportial muscle growth, not some body parts devour others.</div>
So what you're saying is that Andy doesn't have well developed lats and traps in proportion to the rest of him?

If Ronnie and Jay had smaller lats and traps they wouldn't look in proportion. They would look odd - perhaps more so than they do already.
biggrin.gif

The whole point is to try to get proportions right. It's just that they are huge everywhere so it takes a little while to get accustomed to the freaky look before you can 'appreciate' the proportions.

Haha that's true. Well I just see a lot of BBs that have them beyond comprehension. I mean a wide back is great and i would love to have a wider back, i just personally think having lats that stick out and practically touch your elbows is disgusting. I am sure having huge traps is not good for you posture either because it tends to create a slight rotation on the shoulders unless you equilize with pectorals and work on keeping your posture straight.

I do not think you should do isolation workouts on these groups and just allow them to develop from compounds like rows. Unless a body part is proportionally lagging, calves, biceps, and maybe forearms are the only real isolation movements to work on for most people.

I think he looks pretty damn good in that video actually. I think he's managed to keep the gut under control that seems to throw other BBers off in their proportions and overall look. He just looks massively built. Looked even better on the first day of the O, but it would be impossible to maintain that look over a long period of time.

I admit he looked 'better' overall at previous shows when he wasn't so damn massive.

<div>
(Cova @ Dec. 05 2006,20:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Haha that's true. Well I just see a lot of BBs that have them beyond comprehension. I mean a wide back is great and i would love to have a wider back, i just personally think having lats that stick out and practically touch your elbows is disgusting. I am sure having huge traps is not good for you posture either because it tends to create a slight rotation on the shoulders unless you equilize with pectorals and work on keeping your posture straight.</div>
Not to pick on you man, but I don't think you need to worry about 'getting too big' and looking freaky! It takes a MEGA amount of exersize, diet, and determination just to get to where most of these forum members are, and if you're busy worried about just 'trimming up' or 'getting in shape' or any other foofoo philosophy, you're not even going to get ANYWHERE in the realm of true BB'ing. The gyms are full of guys like that. Still skinny, often with little potguts.

And where in tarnation did you get the idea that traps change your spinal alignment? My neck is exactly the same as it was before; I have xrays from the chirpopractor to that effect, and I definitely have grown traps where there were none. And my neck has been as large as 19&quot;. AND...my chest is my weakest bodypart, so I'll say your summation is untrue.

Back