6-OXO

jsraaf

Has anyone out there used 6-OXO by itself and not after an AAS/PH cycle?

It is purported to help reduce estrogen & increase natural test production even for those not having just "juiced."

I haven't used it by itself, but after a cycle of topical 19-Nor it worked as advertised. I have considered using it alone, but have not seen too much feedback on this method yet.

I am considering using it alone as well, hence my question. I would like to try to boost my test levels/reduce estrogen and see what effects is has. I'm still a little leery of using steroids or PHs though that remains a possibility as well.

I tried it, at a pretty low dose (2 caps/day), and noticed some leaning out and heightened libido. But it wasn't a stong test -- I was just polishing off the remainer of a bottle I'd used coming off a PH cycle. Only lasted a couple weeks at most.

I've ordered more to take alone.

Jon, let me know how it goes for you. I'm considering ordering some for use in my next bulking cycle. Do you think it would be more effective in that scenario (vs. cutting) or is it irrelevant?

John

I'm still trying to figure out what to do, frankly. I have a bunch of 1-test/4-AD (Avant Super One+) I was planning to use, then didn't because of some blood testing I anticipated. So if I decide to use that, I'll have to hold the 6OXO in reserve for recovery. (PH use isn't illegal for me or anything, and I'm not a pro athlete... I just didn't want to have to explain any funky results.)

But if I don't use the PH, and I just decide to use the 6OXO on its own, I'll update this thread with more info.

If used for bulking, my only advice would be not to use too high of a dose, because I think a little estrogen is desirable. If I were you, I'd use 2 or 3 caps a day. But based on feedback I've read, people seem to respond differently, so you'll need to figure out the best dose for your hormonal circumstances. (If you were strictly cutting, I'd think higher doses would be OK.)

Also, if your mood gets down, just try to remember that it's likely a PMS-like side effect. I don't think this happens to very many users, but it does with some (including me at higher doses). If it's unbearable, obviously discontinue. For me, just knowing that it was hormonal helped a great deal. I don't think you'll have any problems, but just wanted to give you the heads up.

Jon, thanks for the tips - I will keep those in mind when (and if) I decide to give it a try. Do update the thread if you try it, too.

I just read this at 1fast400 yesterday. It seems that using 6OXO alone has its benefits. Although at 600mg a day for 3 weeks it can be pricey. Each bottle is 60 100mg caps, so you'd need at least 2 bottles to do it.

1fast400

Thanks Steve, I was going to update this thread with that info too.

Obviously, it's an ErgoPharm funded test, and there are only 2 subjects. But with those caveats in mind, nice to see some data.

In light of this info, I don't know whether I stand by my prior recommendations regarding bulking or cutting on 6-OXO (since estradiol levels don't appear to change much even at 600mg/day). I might also have to reconsider my thinking about what caused the mood disturbances I experienced coming off PHs and then starting 6-OXO. Maybe it was the "coming off" nordiol that had more to do with it than the "starting" 6-OXO.

I had read that on 1fast, and on Ergopharm's site, which had prompted my question originally. Wondered if anyone's experience matched their claims.

Next time I reorder protein I may include a couple bottles & see what happens.

Jon - can you describe how you set up your PH cycle? You used Super One+ (I think); what else did you use, and when? How did you think it worked for you?

In short, I set it up "suboptimally."

;)

Basically I am paranoid about hair loss and gyno. So I don't have the guts to run a long cycle. So instead of using my 2 bottles of S1+ to run a four week cycle, I just used 1 bottle for a two week cycle (which I'm in the middle of). This is also my first whirl with S1+, so that also contributed to my reluctance to run my cycle longer.

Basically 12 squirts of S1+ twice a day. This yields around 200mg of 1-test and 312mg of 4-AD per day.

Why do I sound displeased with a 2 week cycle? Because I am starting to see benefits, but I only have a week left. I think in terms of recovery post-cycle, it probably takes as long to recover from 2 weeks as it does from 4 weeks. (Maybe I'm wrong on this.) So in the back of my head I can't help but wonder if I should just go another 2 weeks. (I guess it's not too late to change my mind... we'll see.)

I don't have any numbers handy, but my strength has gone up on key exercises, my weight started climbing and I look better in the mirror. I took pre-cycle measures, and I'll check my measures again when it's over. I haven't lost much hair, if any. (Don't see any difference in the mirror -- just going by how many hairs fall out in the shower every morning.) No bloating. No evidence of gyno symptoms, either. (Although I am taking preventative measures. PM me for details on that if you are curious.)

Post-cycle I will start using 6OXO. I have a bottle of it. But I'm also toying with the idea of making a 6OXO transdermal and running it long-term rather than just for immediate recovery.

I've also used Nor-ADerm from Avant Labs and saw modest benefits.

I'm not an expert by any means, but if you want advice on this feel free to PM me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why do I sound displeased with a 2 week cycle? Because I am starting to see benefits, but I only have a week left. I think in terms of recovery post-cycle, it probably takes as long to recover from 2 weeks as it does from 4 weeks. (Maybe I'm wrong on this.) So in the back of my head I can't help but wonder if I should just go another 2 weeks. (I guess it's not too late to change my mind... we'll see.)
I believe Bill Roberts has promoted shorter two week cycles before due the fact that your natural test production will not have completely shut down, so you will rebound quicker with the right supps. I may be wrong, but I belive he says you may keep your gains better this way too.
2 week cycle
He contradicts that here though.
sad.gif

contradiction

Thanks for the links, Biz. Very interesting. It is a conundrum. Like he says in the second article...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Single short cycles, with many weeks allowed before beginning another new cycle, don’t seem so efficient. Usually, real strength gains don’t begin coming until the third week or so. While muscular weight may be gained in the first two weeks, it seems that the body is also adapting itself in a manner which will make growth very efficient in the next few weeks: or rather it would, if AAS were still available. Thus, I can’t recommend doing isolated cycles which are shorter than four weeks at the minimum, and really five or six weeks is probably more reasonable. Only in the case of short acting drugs, with very frequent cycles, are two or three week cycles a good idea in my opinion.

This problem, coupled with my aversion to doing a prolonged cycle, is why I am starting to become more interested in stuff that boosts endogenous test (or at least doesn't suppress it).

Which brings us back to the subject of the thread, 6OXO, which may offer some help in this regard. I haven't tried it long-term yet though.

Update: I took the plunge & got 2 bottles. I started yesterday, taking 300mg (3 caps) once daily, which will last 40 days total. They recommend a 4-6 week cycle, which is right where I'm at.

If I notice any significant changes I'll update again.

I'll update too... that Super One+ cycle I described above? Out the window. I went 2 weeks and really didn't notice any side effects. No acne, no bloating. If I'm losing hair, it's not noticeable.

I did gain like a pound a day over two weeks (I weighed in at 249.6 pounds at my last gym session). My waist hasn't gotten any bigger. I didn't really notice that much (typical body dysmorphia), but over the weekend I had two different people comment on how much bigger I'd gotten.

So I'm just going to go another two weeks. Seems like a shame to stop now when the results are really coming fast. It'll be interesting to compare my pre-cycle body measurements with measurements taken two weeks from now.

After that I'll hit the 6OXO, but anything I notice during that period might not be applicable to this thread (since I'm using it for recovery, not really as a stand-alone).

This isn't exactly germane to this thread, but it did come up earlier, so I thought I'd update too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I did gain like a pound a day over two weeks (I weighed in at 249.6 pounds at my last gym session). My waist hasn't gotten any bigger. I didn't really notice that much (typical body dysmorphia), but over the weekend I had two different people comment on how much bigger I'd gotten.

Sounds like good results...
U gained about 10-14 pounds in 2 weeks?? If so, that is really good results for an OTC supplement. I would be interested to hear how the 6-OXO helps u rebound...
Good luck!
thumbs-up.gif

Yeah, I was stunned. I still have about a week and a half left. But it's the recovery that will be interesting. If I don't keep any of the weight, then what's the point?

Feel free to PM me questions about this. I'll post results here (since I'm doing HST) and over at Avant (since it's their product) when I'm done. Didn't do a "diary" thing, because those can get sort of tedious.

I'm gonna shut up about it on this thread though, since it's sort of off-topic. Plus I'm interested to hear about jsraaf's results with 6-OXO alone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jsraaf @ July 29 2003,2:25)]Update: I took the plunge & got 2 bottles. I started yesterday, taking 300mg (3 caps) once daily, which will last 40 days total. They recommend a 4-6 week cycle, which is right where I'm at.

If I notice any significant changes I'll update again.
Update: have a couple 'bacne' blemishes show up in the past couple days. It could be coincidence, as that does happen occasionally, though I suspect it is due to the 6-OXO. Other than that, no noticable changes + or -. No noticable E-related water/fat loss, no libido increase. :confused: Someone needs to come out with Libi-derm.

It is very effective as post cycle therapy, but I noticed no real world effects as a stand alone even at 5oo mg per day for 3 weeks. I suspect you'd need to use it considerably longer.

Back