Annoying people at the gym

Peak_Power

Heheh check this out, you know you can see yourself in one of these, especially the last one
tounge.gif

My number one hated ‘gym type’ is the people who go out of their way to try and talk to you when they are out of breathe and /or recovering from a set. The more they sweat and look and feel as though they have exerted themselves the more they want to get your attention. Just look closely and talk to one, they actual continue to fake recovering after their heart rate subsides enough to act normal. They are like emotional vampires looking to impress people and feed their ego’s so they can get it up. It is perverse and though I have had fun putting a few in their place or at least calling their bluff but it is just gross.

Regards,
Andrew
zone-training.net

I guess I could be close to microshorts guy as I constantly sqauting and deadlifting. it is about Range of Motion and not tool size.

I came across this site a while back. Don't know anything about the company, I just found this "Sick of Your Gym" section amusing. Some funny posts there.

Sick of Your Gym

Here's a good one from that site:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">For SOYG. Hi, my name is Chris and I lift at a commercial gym and I need help. I am a college student and I work out at a com gym in the summer. I follow the 4 days a week lifting schedule. On one of my off days, I had the brilliant idea for me and a buddy to go to the gym (remember, this is on an off day) and dress and act like all the other ass-tards in the gym. I put gel in my hair (for the first time ever), wore a headband, flip-flops, a beater that was 2 sizes too small, 5$ gas station J-Lo sunglasses on my head, and small shorts with spandex shorts sticking out underneath. I went at the busy time so there were plenty of people there that didn't recognize me and I did every exercise and machine that I thought was useless even for the obscenely retarded &quot;lifters&quot;. Example: I did 15lbs single arm db curls on a big rubber ball with one foot in the air and holding a 10lbs weight straight up in the air in the other hand, and I was withing 5 feet of a mirror with nothing in front of me. All the time I have worked out at this place, I have had maybe 2 or 3 people talk to me. Just during that exercise, I had 6 people ask me about that exercise and one guy even did it 20min later. I should apologize for tarnishing the weightlifting community, but that exercise was probably better than anything that guy was doing.
As they say at the gym, &quot;the more mirrors you can see yourself in, the more buffed up you are.&quot;

P.S. To make up for all that, I later ate raw meat that I personally ripped off a live cow. </div>

LOL I am the only guy at my gym who uses a towel, despite the no towel no training policy, I am also the only person who uses a routine card.

If I was someone in that list it would be the guy who throws the dumbbells down, I do it with the assisted chins, I let it slam up but I guess I should stop doing that now, its just that I am always dizzy after any set I do.

When you're d/b pressing 80-100 lbs or something, you're allowed to drop 'em! Heck, I even drop mine at home in the living room a bit.
Now as for Mr. Slippery Sweat, Joe Jackinjaws, Ernie Odorific, and Skippy the Advice Squirrel, I'm glad to work out at home, thenk yew.

The plate/dumbell slammers are the worst.

And the ones who have to audibly let the whole gym (and parking lot) know they're squeezing out the most important rep of their lives.

And also the ones who stand over someone and talk while he's trying to concentrate.

These are the reasons I will workout at home until the day that I die.
laugh.gif

Man, you would HATE me...I like ta ROAR like a lion sometimes, and BELLOW like a bull to psyche myself up for the big lifts...heheh, maybe I'd better stay at home so I don't scare anyone!

I can live with sweaters and roarers and talkers. What I do hate is groups of guys who hog the hell out of a peice of equipment. Whats usually worse is they have to sit on it and talk for 10 minutes before they even start to use it. If you ask if they are using it you get a shocked &quot;yeh, only just got here mate&quot;
Thats one reason to stick to free weights, you avoid the 12 set bench press machine kiddy gang.
J
smile.gif

I don't mind people talking, but the other day this skinny kid decides he needs to give me advice right in the middle of a set of OH squats. He stands right behind me and insists: &quot;Dude, you gotta use a belt when you do that!&quot; Nice timing.

I hate it when people try to talk to me in the middle of a set of something strenuous, like deads or rows, and they seriously expect me to answer. Or when people get in the way of the bar. That sucks too.

<div>
(Jazzer @ Sep. 10 2006,18:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">you avoid the 12 set bench press machine kiddy gang.</div>
Heheh we were all that kid once...I still remember the first 12 reps I did on the machine bench press, watching the buff guys barbell benching, wishing I was big like them... now I am!!

It must be the style for the old guys because they come in with the high shorts everyday. IMO what's worse than seeing them in their dazzies is seeing them nude in the locker room and they will try to hold a convo with you with nothing on... I'm like man put something on.

<div>
(liegelord @ Sep. 11 2006,00:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't mind people talking, but the other day this skinny kid decides he needs to give me advice right in the middle of a set of OH squats.  He stands right behind me and insists: &quot;Dude, you gotta use a belt when you do that!&quot;  Nice timing.</div>
Some people are unbelievable! I wonder if he would have learnt his lesson if you'd dropped the bar on him? Probably not, although perhaps he would realise that he shouldn't stand quite so close in future.

what about the BIG DAVE McBIGS who walk around like they have got 2 rolls of carpets under there arms
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(faz @ Sep. 12 2006,13:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">what about the BIG DAVE McBIGS who walk around like they have got 2 rolls of carpets under there arms
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
</div>
lol! and their butt cheeks pinched tight...cracks me up!

How about the orange - paint on tans?!

Regards,
Andrew
zone-training.net

Back