Anybody do DB bench?

<div>
(SweetDaddyPatty @ Jun. 02 2007,13:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm glad I read this thread. I have always felt like I was on the weak side as a lifter. My last cycle slight incline (first incline notch on the adjustable incline bench) db bench 5RM was 95 lbs (190 total). That's not tremendous considering I weigh about 230, but it looks decent for now after seeing similar numbers here.

I think it might be better to switch to barbell presses because I could start at the top position which would make the heavier weights a little easier. I'm just afraid to do barbell bench without a spotter, and in a crowded gym I hate having to wait for a cage (or whatever it's called, with the &quot;safety pins&quot; ) to open up.

Do you guys do bb bench without a spotter? What happens if you miss an RM and get stuck at the bottom?</div>
I agree it is nice to see similar amounts of weights being pushed in ratio with ones bodyweight.

As for bb bench, I do it and lift alone all of the time. After so many years of lifting I know whether or not I have another one in me or not.

If you are in a gym, ask for a spot, most guys will be more than happy to help. If you can't get a spotter than be sure to play it on the safe side until you know your capabilities inside and out.

Before I built my power rack I just didn't put keepers on the bar. I've only had to abort twice, ever. Embarrassing in a gym tho, but just jump up and do a two-fisted salute and yell &quot;YEAHHH!!!&quot; like you meant to do that.
wink.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 02 2007,15:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Before I built my power rack I just didn't put keepers on the bar. I've only had to abort twice, ever. Embarrassing in a gym tho, but just jump up and do a two-fisted salute and yell &quot;YEAHHH!!!&quot; like you meant to do that.  
wink.gif
</div>
I like your style!

Back