Cutting Specific Training

<div>
(Totentanz @ Oct. 26 2006,08:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you were cutting for a comp, you'd have to be retarded not to be doing cardio, or have sick genetics.  Almost any competitor with half a brain does plenty of cardio precontest.</div>
I know alot of bodybuilders don't do cardio, but of course they have help in the chemical department! I don't agree that cardio is necessary, at least for me. As long as a caloric deficit is happening, the cardio is just a means to an end. Lifting, my job and regular activity is enough calorie burning for me, no need for cardio.

I don't think its absolutely necessary, but if you want to get to sub-5% bodyfat, then it is necessary for most, even while on drugs. For us normal guys, doing cardio can help in fat loss, but yeah, you can cut down without it. I've done both ways, and I really hate cardio unless it's something I enjoy like long bicycle rides, so I do what I can to avoid it.

However, having done UD2.0, I can say that there is a definite difference when you do cardio during that diet, and when you don't. Fat loss is significantly more pronounced with cardio added in.

also once you get into single didget fat percentages its very easy to catobolise the muscle so why take a chance on cardio
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Back