Cutting ???

Arhnold

I'll finish my cycle in about 3 weeks. After that, I wanna do some cutting. Should I:
1) Extend my current cycle and cut , or:
2) Do some SD, and then start a new cycle just as usual and cut during that cycle

And another thing: what is best, to:
1)cut for a long period, and bulk for another, or:
2)shift between cutting and bulking more frequently??

I would not bother taking an SD if you are going to cut. There is no point. Just head straight in to another HST cycle. I would not extend the current cycle simply because if you start cutting calories, then lifting your 5 RM or greater will become quite taxing. You would be better off progressing up to those heavy weights while under a calorie deficit.
The only other thing I would suggest is that if you do 15s, do not cut calories during the 15s. The weights are too light to do much for sparing lean mass, plus the workouts usually burn enough calories anyway.

You could try doing higher frequency if you want to experiment a bit.

As for your last question, I would choose #1 but be mindful of metabolic slowdown during long cutting phases. Once your metaboism starts to slow down significantly, it is time to start eating a bit more to get it going again.

rather than a callorie deficit to lose weight(cut)just do some cardio,it works fantastic for me.im never tempted to deprive myself of food i believe its counter productive,besides you will lose weight more efficiently by exercising.having said that it all depends on what you want,do you want to be big and smooth(keep bulking)or do you want be cut all year round,i personally like to have my cake and eat it so i do both(to a point).

When I was cutting this summer. I basically kept HSt like it normally is set up however. I added one extra week of 10's to the cycle to burn a little more calories and also i decreased my rest between sets to 30 seconds.

Basically I hate doing cardio so I found a way around it buy keeping reps a little higher in the 10 rep range and buy keepng the workouts fast paced at 30 sec rest periods.

also shortening your rest peroids will increase your teststoerone and kick you in the butt!

:D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lcars @ Oct. 26 2005,10:39)]rather than a callorie deficit to lose weight(cut)just do some cardio,it works fantastic for me.im never tempted to deprive myself of food i believe its counter productive,besides you will lose weight more efficiently by exercising.having said that it all depends on what you want,do you want to be big and smooth(keep bulking)or do you want be cut all year round,i personally like to have my cake and eat it so i do both(to a point).
Hmm, that makes me think -

I don't cut or bulk and eat a bit above maintenance all the time..

I did more cardio my first cycle and I lost more fat while putting on muscle...
This cycle, my bodyfat% has been the same pretty much - I added muscle with some fat - so adding in cardio would be comparable to a cutting cycle?

Makes sense (in vs out)

Couldn't you just add an extra set or maybe two of each exercise and just skip the SD?

Also...add about 45 to 60 minutes of fat burn/cardio.?
thumbs-up.gif

Back