Dave's First HST Cycle

Here is what I did today:

Full Squats: 205 x 10 x 2

Military Press: 115 x 10 x 2

Bent Over Barbell Rows: 115 x 10 x 2

Rows are still way too light. I accidently went up about three or four workouts ahead of the weight I should be using for military press but it was still easy. I think I should have started with a heavier weight or I'm progressing faster than I'm supposed to. The squats were also easier than expected even though I had a harder time with a lighter weight before.

Here is what I did last night:

Bench Press: 180 x 10 x 2

Dead Lift: 215 x 10 x 2

Pull Up: Bodyweight x 6 x 1

I had to cut the pull ups short since I had somewhere to go but I will probably do more my next time I do pull ups.

<div>
(DWhite2741 @ Jan. 30 2008,15:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here is what I did last night:

Bench Press: 180 x 10 x 2

Dead Lift: 215 x 10 x 2

Pull Up: Bodyweight x 6 x 1</div>
You seem to be moving right along.
smile.gif

Yeah I think my calves are already gaining size from my full squats. They actually feel sore so that is a first in a long time. I can't remember the last time I felt my calves like this to be honest.

Here is what my main lifts were the other day:

Full Squat: 215 x 10 x 2

Military Press: 120 x 10 x 2

Bent Over Barbell Rows: 125 x 10 x 2

I did a lot of other workouts at the gym for fun. It was a nice change. I bumped up the military press weight and I had a little trouble on the second set. I'm still sore right now but the next workout should be fun.

Here is what I did the other day:

Full Squats: 225 x 10 x 2

Bent Over Barbell Rows: 135 x 10 x 2

Standing Military Press: 130 x 8 x 1, 125 x 6 x 1,  125 x 4 x 1, and 125 x 2 x 1

Pull Ups: Bodyweight x 5 x 1

I may have the standing military press mixed up a bit on the reps but I may remember it turning out like that. I tried to jump the weight up more than I should have for 10 reps so my shoulders suffered because of it. I might switch my workouts to push / pull splits which would be better in the long run. After one more workout I move onto my 5s. I did the five pull ups way later on in the morning for fun so I decided to count that on my log.

Here is what I did last night:

Bench Press: 200 x 10 x 2

Dead Lift: 235 x 10 x 2

Pull-Ups: Bodyweight x 10 x 2

On the bench press I actually did 21 reps all togther since I did one rep but my hends were to slippery on the tape that I have on my bar. I wiped the bar and my hands off and put gloves on. On the second set I got fatigued on the 8th rep and racked it for a bit then busted out the last two. If I wasn't tired before the workout I might have been able to complete the workout flawlessly.

Dave, get some chalk (the same stuff as climbers use). Once you have used it you will never want to be without it. It's not expensive and it really will make all the difference to your lifting.

Yeah my girlfriend tried to get me some before because she knew I wanted some. She couldn't find it anywhere. It is cheap but I just need to figure out which places carry it around where I live.

Look for a rock climbing kit supplier. Most places that stock crampons and karabiners will also stock climbing chalk.

I use the friction tape electrician's use (the cloth stuff), but while it keeps my mats clean, it comes off on my forelegs when shrugging, and I do have to rewrap it someday...uh, but it's still good after close to a year so far.

Back