deadlift + sldl

addy

if i do sldl (with straight legs, as advised by bryan) with somewhat low weights, focusing on hamstrings, can i deadlift in the same workout? can i consider the sldl sets a warmup for the deadlift?

bear in mind that i don't squat. i chose the leg press as my main quad developer because i can't go parallel in the squat without involving my lower back too much in the movement.

that fact that i can move some serious poundage in the leg press doesn't help either, because i have to put plenty of weight on the bar to have the squat work my legs.

I don't see why you can't do both in the same day, but I wouldn't use the sldl as a warmup for deads. I would just use full weight on the sldl's. You could also substitute with good mornings instead.

i didn't mean that i'd use sldl as a warmup for the deadlift, but given the low weights i'm using, as per bryan's suggestion in one of the faqs, it could serve as a warmup.

this faq says that if you do sldl with straight legs, focusing on the stretch on the hamstrings, you won't be able to use much weight, and it's true. i was using much more weight, but working the back more than the hamstrings.

so i guess i'll just go ahead and do both.

but wait, what if i decide to do 6x a week with 2 full body routines on m - w - f? maybe i'd be safer doing each exercise only once each day, alternating with other quads/back/hamstring developers?

Back