"Eating fat makes you fat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 26 2008,2:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...
3. veggies are low glycemic and hence you don´t get the insulin rush. (the caveat is of course directly after training when you may want the insulin for growth and recovery, in this case fruits are the next best choice, followed by dried fruits which have a higher sugar content per weight.
...</div>
Ice cream is low on the glycemic scale too but it's full of sugar. The glycemic index is a misleading method to measure the load on our metabolism. For ice cream to be low on the GI scale, there must be something in it that prevents all that sugar from being absorbed so quickly. Otherwise it would be exactly as high as sugar is. I think it's all the fat. Pete69 generously provided a study showing how fat activates the ileal break thus slowing down digestion. Since ice cream contains a lot of fat, it would be reasonable to conclude that the fat content of ice cream slows down digestion so that the sugar content of ice cream doesn't affect blood glucose as fast as it would otherwise.

The glycemic index idea is fiction.

Carbohydrates is known to cause diabetes type 2. The etiology of diabetes type 2 is quite simple. Eat carbs, blood glucose rises, insulin rises, lean tissue becomes insulin resistant. The process is repeated until blood glucose is pathologically high, insulin is pathologically high yet insufficient to lower blood glucose because lean tissue is too resistant. Hyperglycemia combined with hyperinsulinemia combined with insulin resistance. I don't doubt that insulin is anabolic but I don't see how glucose is. This makes the advice to eat carbs a contradiction to me.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 26 2008,3:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">HEy martin what is your body fat %?

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v27/n12/pdf/0802434a.pdf this should answer some of your questions.</div>
Do you know of a paper showing any detrimental effect of the traditional Inuit diet when fed to European people or anybody else? The only thing that paper tells me is that a high carb diet is toxic.

<div>
(Martin Levac @ May 26 2008,3:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Carbohydrates is known to cause diabetes type 2. The etiology of diabetes type 2 is quite simple. Eat carbs, blood glucose rises, insulin rises, lean tissue becomes insulin resistant. The process is repeated until blood glucose is pathologically high, insulin is pathologically high yet insufficient to lower blood glucose because lean tissue is too resistant. Hyperglycemia combined with hyperinsulinemia combined with insulin resistance. I don't doubt that insulin is anabolic but I don't see how glucose is. This makes the advice to eat carbs a contradiction to me.</div>
barring genetic disorder, NO ONE ON THE PLANET IS GETTING DIABETES II FROM EATING FRUITS AND VEGGIES AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF CARBOHYDRATES.

Your misguided views are becoming dangerous.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 26 2008,3:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...
Your misguided views are becoming dangerous.</div>
And your behavior is really becoming childish. Reminds me of Doogie Howser.

saying that &quot;Carbohydrates is known to cause diabetes type 2&quot; is about as childish as it gets, dangerous and ignorant to boot.

Hey Martin What is your Body Fat%?

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 26 2008,3:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...
NO ONE ON THE PLANET IS GETTING DIABETES II FROM EATING FRUITS AND VEGGIES AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF CARBOHYDRATES.
...</div>
That's an assumption. You can't possibly prove that statement. No one on the planet? Come on, you're a kid with a Ph.D. What the hell do you know?

Just wait, Martin will dance around the point, avoid backing up anything with evidence, all the time making grandiose, insane claims.

But its entertaining.

He will pull out the fish again soon

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 20 2008,5:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Martin Levac @ May 20 2008,4:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No carbs as a way of life is normal for the Inuit. It's no more absurd than being born naked. Or having to learn everything we do except sucking tit and grasping with the hands. My diet consists exclusively of animal flesh. If there's anything wrong with that, I don't feel any effect. Now you might think that there's nothing wrong with your diet consisting of a lot of carbs when you ride but time does take its toll and you will feel the effects. You might mistaken those effects as the inevitable price of aging but there's no reason to grow to a ripe old age and not be in full health without suffering from a single chronic disease once we know what causes those diseases in the first place.

I need carbs like I need a snake bite.</div>
My increased carb intake comes solely from Fruits and vegetables. During training I mix glucose and fructose into water and eat some bananas. The chronic diseases are coming from a lifelong consumption of grain-base foods.

Carbs are not the problem, the carb source is the problem. I assume you are a human and thus your derivation of energy and nutrients solely from animal flesh is suspect and contrary to all evidence based medicine.

YOu will also suffer in the long run from a nutritional protocol based solely on animal flesh. You might think otherwise, but unless you are a cat, you will suffer later in life.</div>
Would you provide scientific data that proves your opinion that I &quot;will suffer later in life&quot; because of my nutritional protocol? We have one paper explaining how it's quite safe to eat this way for an entire life. It's only fair that you, or anybody else for that matter, provide the other side of the story. I must admit that I don't know of any paper that would conclusively show how a diet consisting exclusively of animal flesh would be bad to any extent.

<div>
(Martin Levac @ May 26 2008,3:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ May 20 2008,5:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Martin Levac @ May 20 2008,4:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No carbs as a way of life is normal for the Inuit. It's no more absurd than being born naked. Or having to learn everything we do except sucking tit and grasping with the hands. My diet consists exclusively of animal flesh. If there's anything wrong with that, I don't feel any effect. Now you might think that there's nothing wrong with your diet consisting of a lot of carbs when you ride but time does take its toll and you will feel the effects. You might mistaken those effects as the inevitable price of aging but there's no reason to grow to a ripe old age and not be in full health without suffering from a single chronic disease once we know what causes those diseases in the first place.

I need carbs like I need a snake bite.</div>
My increased carb intake comes solely from Fruits and vegetables. During training I mix glucose and fructose into water and eat some bananas. The chronic diseases are coming from a lifelong consumption of grain-base foods.

Carbs are not the problem, the carb source is the problem. I assume you are a human and thus your derivation of energy and nutrients solely from animal flesh is suspect and contrary to all evidence based medicine.

YOu will also suffer in the long run from a nutritional protocol based solely on animal flesh. You might think otherwise, but unless you are a cat, you will suffer later in life.</div>
Would you provide scientific data that proves your opinion that I &quot;will suffer later in life&quot; because of my nutritional protocol? We have one paper explaining how it's quite safe to eat this way for an entire life. It's only fair that you, or anybody else for that matter, provide the other side of the story. I must admit that I don't know of any paper that would conclusively show how a diet consisting exclusively of animal flesh would be bad to any extent.</div>
when you arrive on the planet earth, I consider spending the time to address this.

What is your BOdY FAT %?

Below 1% your gonna have some serious de-mylenation problems.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 26 2008,3:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">here it is rather obvious that while ketogenic diets may benefit the diseased state, it is FAR from clear that it is not without its problems.

PM me and I will send the pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed....VDocSum</div>
&quot;Ketogenic diet: Stoking energy stores and still posing questions.&quot;

We already know what a ketogenic diet does to energy stores. Does it do anything else that can be considered bad by any measure?

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 26 2008,3:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am almost certain of this fact.</div>
You mean, you are almost convinced of this assumption. Before calling it a fact, it would be wise to prove the assumption.

obsessed? No, but I think your &quot;advice&quot; is ill-founded and dangerous.

save your pity for thyself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back