End of Year HST Lifting Meet

Aw, be nice Colby; you know those limeys can't speak english!

It occurs to me that filming the lifts would qualify. I lose the weight with no straps then get it with straps? I'd say that would prove what? - that I can-lift-the-weight, which was the original objective, no? A no-strap rule means that you can lift it AND grip it, that's all.
...and you guys DO know that I have to use a MantaRay to squat? NO WAY can my traps take even 135lbs; it's some sort of nerve/pain connection. Actually, that's why I'm not going to compete locally. Won't be allowed.

Maybe we'll have to have a debilitated class for us derelict, emaciated, woebegotten injury ward bedwarmers...
rock.gif

I'm in for a recomp and the lifting. vote for the use of a Wilks calculator in order to account for bodyweight.

actually, I think if we had a competition for most improved Wilks score for the year, that would be really cool too. that way, even if some lifts lost ground, the lower bodyweight could make up for it.

anyway, I make a great "before" picture at the moment!

as a side note, if anyone wants to get into a one arm DB snatch race with me, I'm game. I think I may try this lift this week and work to improve it during the summer. someday I want to have a respectable BB snatch...

<div>
(quadancer @ May 05 2008,6:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe we'll have to have a debilitated class for us derelict, emaciated, woebegotten injury ward bedwarmers...</div>
Which would mean that I could play, too...  
smile.gif

<div>
(fearfactory @ May 05 2008,10:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm in for a recomp and the lifting.  vote for the use of a Wilks calculator in order to account for bodyweight.</div>
How about accounting for the various age groups? (there's no accounting for taste...).

Colby, it would all be database driven. I'd be using a MySQL set-up to store all the data and PHP to access it. If you want to send me a PM re table design that's fine. I haven't done any work on this yet as just wanted to see what folks thought about it first.

Back