End of Year HST Lifting Meet

Also to add to my above post.

I just re read everything I wrote and started getting seriously PUMPED up.

I could see a new forum being created inside the HST site and I could see all the pre contest smack being talked now....(all in fun of course).

It would look like the inside pages of Flex magazine...hehe
laugh.gif

woohoo! ive just started squating again and they are coming back quick,havent squated for a few months ,i eased myself back in the last 2 weeks with light weights and my back held up. so this week i did 3 sets of 300lb for 12 i was chuffed. maybe i can enter the squat and bench part of the comp!

back injury prevents me doing any lifting from the floor.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ May 04 2008,8:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Also to add to my above post.

I just re read everything I wrote and started getting seriously PUMPED up.

I could see a new forum being created inside the HST site and
I could see all the pre contest smack being talked now....(all in fun of course).
It would look like the inside pages of Flex magazine...hehe
laugh.gif
</div>
you mean,like name calling and stuff!cool

yeah jo.morcel, quaddancer more like quadprancer, o&amp;g olg git and Lol, well ill be the only one laughing hahaha! damn ive gone too far
sad.gif

The only reason I suggested no straps is because strap usage is pretty much unheard of in powerlifting. Anyway, I think a quick search on google will turn up plenty of rules that we can use and adapt for our purposes.

Ok say it looks like we have the following so far:

Best Totals in Bench, Squats, Deads....will there be weight classes for this or is everyone involved...or both?

Then of course best lift for each section Bench, Squat , Deads...the above competition could take care of that.

Then we could do body comp COMPETITION.

Also one thing we could add for fun would be the most bodyweight exercises.

For example at my gym last competiton we had was for the best bench press.

Then at the end they did your bodyweight in reps.

For me right now thats about 180 pounds for how every man reps you can do on the bench press.

I'm glad the idea has captured your attention and been generally well received. If it works out it would be quite fun to make it an annual event and to keep a record of previous year's best lifts and totals.

Hey, Lcars, if your squatting is coming back on line already, you'll probably win the overall based on just two lifts! Of course, that's assuming that Steve is too busy with real comps and doesn't even enter one lift!  
laugh.gif
Wonder if Liege will be back in time to join in the fun?

Joe, I like the idea of the body weight stuff too. Some of the lighter folks could kick butt in those events.

<div>
(lcars @ May 04 2008,1:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">everything should be raw,no assistance.</div>
Agreed

We have to precise with the rules of the lifts...

Squat = Back Squat ATG?
Deadlift = Normal, not Romanian or SLDL - no straps
Bench Press = grip by the knurls, feet on the floor, no bench shirt?

Gloves allowed?

I don't deadlift or squat much but I can damn sure start!

However I can't bench press due to shoulder problems...anyway dumbells could be involved or is that too much trouble?

If not I would understand.

I looked at a few videos but surprisingly found few using straps for deads...although before I'd seen some rather big guys lifting big and using them. Perhaps it wasn't in competition tho. I guess I'll have to get some chalk and deal with the mess - the tape isn't enough for my injuries to handle. Gripwise, I'll just have to train as best I can, even if it does lower my maxes.
So far, I've been:
shot in the wrist
2 car doors slammed
a few hammer hits, boards slamming, stuff dropping on
a few dirtbike sprains
smashed by pickup tailgate and wall
1 finger permanently bent offline from failed &quot;karate&quot; strike
cut tendons from streetbiking, and 1 drunken knife fight
1 finger stripped to bone and muscle by a belt and pulley
...on a cold day I can't write. The list goes on. But I'll go with the rules you guys decide.

Since Joe can't use BB's for bench, and usually db's are less weight, I think he should be allowed db's to qualify. It's not like he has an advantage there.
I think bench grip width shouldn't be an issue, since everybody's shoulder width is different and USPA allows wide anyway.
Just my thots.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 04 2008,7:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Since Joe can't use BB's for bench, and usually db's are less weight, I think he should be allowed db's to qualify. It's not like he has an advantage there.
I think bench grip width shouldn't be an issue, since everybody's shoulder width is different and USPA allows wide anyway.
Just my thots.</div>
Here here!

Quad... that's a heck of a list of injuries to one body part!

<div>
(quadancer @ May 04 2008,7:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I looked at a few videos but surprisingly found few using straps for deads...although before I'd seen some rather big guys lifting big and using them. Perhaps it wasn't in competition tho. I guess I'll have to get some chalk and deal with the mess - the tape isn't enough for my injuries to handle. Gripwise, I'll just have to train as best I can, even if it does lower my maxes.
So far, I've been:
shot in the wrist
2 car doors slammed
a few hammer hits, boards slamming, stuff dropping on
a few dirtbike sprains
smashed by pickup tailgate and wall
1 finger permanently bent offline from failed &quot;karate&quot; strike
cut tendons from streetbiking, and 1 drunken knife fight
1 finger stripped to bone and muscle by a belt and pulley
...on a cold day I can't write. The list goes on. But I'll go with the rules you guys decide.</div>
I think this qualifies you for the coolest HST lifter so far.

That's one hell of a life you got going on there Quad!
biggrin.gif

Whatever you guys decide on Im game for!

This is so PETTY but I do think some AVATAR awards should be given out.

Hell some of us have been around here for a while and I would like more than a post count!
biggrin.gif

Quad: if you want to do a lift with straps and a lift without that would be cool. I just think it would be good to have it noted next to the lift if someone uses straps for deads. I certainly don't have a problem with you using straps, cuz I'm gonna beat ya anyways!
laugh.gif
(Sorry, I'm really bad at fake American accents.
biggrin.gif
)

What's so special about bench, squats, and deadlifts? Why can't you include the reverse forearm dumbbell curl with the half bent pinky twist?

I don't see why anything should be 'given out' besides praise, since nobody is sponsoring this event that I am aware of?
It should just be for fun, unless the website owner decides to sponsor it for some reason. I think he is usually pretty busy though!
wink.gif

Steve: the 'reverse forearm dumbbell curl with the half bent pinky twist' is the lift I was expecting you would want to do. However, you'll need to supply a vid to verify that you have the pinky twist just right!

Sci: hey, if Bryan gave the comp his blessing maybe he would be willing to throw in a money-off voucher for a copy of the long awaited HST book, as the top prize for the overall winner?  
wink.gif

I guess pinky wraps are out of the question then. HST book(s) would be a nice treat, but as was mentioned, the fun alone is the fun. We don't want to get TOO official and spoil it.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That's one hell of a life you got going on there Quad! </div> Naw, my pains are from mostly the OLD life that I don't miss! Never thought I'd be one of thoses geezers who have all these cramps, pills and pains to complain about...but at least I'm not stuck on the porch playin' checkers.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 04 2008,11:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't see why anything should be 'given out' besides praise, since nobody is sponsoring this event that I am aware of?
It should just be for fun, unless the website owner decides to sponsor it for some reason.  I think he is usually pretty busy though!
wink.gif
</div>
I agree...but I do think a little AVATAR twist would be cool.

Something like The HST experts have but obviously different.

Just a thought.

I could say.... Joe.Muscle 1st runner up to pinky twist contest!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ May 04 2008,10:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Quad: if you want to do a lift with straps and a lift without that would be cool. I just think it would be good to have it noted next to the lift if someone uses straps for deads. I certainly don't have a problem with you using straps, cuz I'm gonna beat ya anyways!
laugh.gif
(Sorry, I'm really bad at fake American accents.
biggrin.gif
)</div>
Stealing lines from a rap song doesn't qualify as an American accent!

Back