Fat Gripz

mickc1965

Does any one use these, how are they? Thinking of getting some as getting a pain in my left elbow (inner) when doing flat bench (when arm is fully extended) and also have to use straps for all rows and dead lifts regardless of what weight is being used.

Last edited:
Save money and use a towel, old school style.Our grip width and position may be at fault here. It's worth attempting to vary that, and use a DB bench to try and attain a degree of certainty as well.

Alex, I did think about a towel but thought it may slip etc but will try that, have tried narrower grip which is better but still a bit of pain, train at home so dumbells are not an option, might just be my age lol

If you are training at home, just use some duct tape or something to increase the thickness of the bar.

Increasing thickness of the bar probably isn't going to help elbow pain though. If your elbow is hurting, it probably needs a rest. As Alex pointed out, you'll want to check your grip width. If you are benching with too wide of a grip it's possible that is putting undue stress on the elbows. Curls and triceps extensions are also notorious for causing elbow pain when you are going heavy.

Back