Fixing HST Board

Searching is a problem that's been with ikonboard even before. It's more a bug in ikonboard itself than a fault in our own instance of ikonboard. I have no idea why it is so unfriendly to users, that's been one of my observations since I joined this board.

I'm also investigating some stuff similar to it (like Omega_Man's case, and blank/missing posts in old threads), so I'll add it to the list. I'll be able to attend to this next week, and probably figuring out what causes the mistakes will take more time, since their code doesn't seem friendly to developers outside of their circle.

I'll also upgrade the board to the latest stable version of ikonboard (it's just a minor upgrade) to see if that at least irons out some of the shortcomings of the search function (it probably won't).

Thanks for the feedback. For anything else, either post them here or send me a PM like Omega_Man did.

Regards,
-JV

A new thing oh Batman!

Is it possible to format the pages in some of the forums...basic training...comes to mind, where the page is bigger than the screen, it is a shlep as one has to scroll sideways to read each line, can you fix?
wink.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Aug. 10 2006,07:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A new thing oh Batman!

Is it possible to format the pages in some of the forums...basic training...comes to mind, where the page is bigger than the screen, it is a shlep as one has to scroll sideways to read each line, can you fix?
wink.gif
</div>
That's because of the pics posted. JV would need to set up an autosize script to reduce the size of the pics automatically so the forum wouldn't resize.

<div>
(Fausto @ Aug. 10 2006,12:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is it possible to format the pages in some of the forums...basic training...comes to mind, where the page is bigger than the screen, it is a shlep as one has to scroll sideways to read each line, can you fix?
wink.gif
</div>
You could just get hold of a really big hi-res monitor. Then you'll be in HST reading heaven!  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That's because of the pics posted. JV would need to set up an autosize script to reduce the size of the pics automatically so the forum wouldn't resize.</div>

You're the experts!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You could just get hold of a really big hi-res monitor. Then you'll be in HST reading heaven!</div>

Fat chance! How does one do that at work?
laugh.gif
Besides, just to get RA to approve something it takes a few months!
sad.gif

I'll see about putting a max size on pics uploaded and resizing pics old and new that exceed the limit.

Thanks.

Regards,
-JV

If this is old news, forgive me.

I like HST, and I'm glad this forum is here.

It's frustrating that on quite a few pages (including any page in the forum itself) the forum link goes to

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi

ib3 should be ib314

Sorry, the overfat computer qa guy had the get that out of his system.

Thanks for the great science. I've tried several different workout formats, and HST has always given me the best results.

Thanks for the heads up. I never use those links myself, so I never realized they were wrong.

That's not part of ikonboard, that's really the HSN/HST site html, so it's a different set of files than the ones I tinkered with. But I'm pretty sure they're on the same place, so I'll get on it, too. Not yet this week, I'll try next week when crunch time is over at my company.

Regards,
-JV

JV

Found another "bug".

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry, the board administrator has flood control activated. Please wait at least 25 seconds before posting again

You are currently logged in as Fausto

« « Go Back</div>

When you click the go back button...nothing happens!

Ok. Flood control is set ot be a little more permissive.

I'm due to upgrade the board to the latest version, hopefully that'll clear up some of the bugs in this current version. It'll have to wait until I finish some of my trips though, they were totally unexpected but unavoidable.

Bryan

You bet the man's done a sterling job, what a pleasure to have "nerds" on board, man...between me and him wqe've been called some worthy names, he, he, he....
laugh.gif

but it did not move us at all, HST is the stuff!

This is the new link for Vicious' Pimp My HST E-Book.

Vicious' Pimp My HST E-Book (pdf)

I'll create a thread for this. You'll find it in the General Training forum (where Vicious originally posted it), the thread title is simply "PIMP MY HST E-BOOK".

Thanks to Fausto for giving me the heads up regarding the broken link to Vicious' Pimp My HST E-Book.

Regards,
-JV

but here is a bug !
sad.gif

when im clicking in this thread on my own "profile" button, then on "show all posts by choco" it dont listens all my posts.
i think it is the same thing when im clicking on this option for another person...

Yes, thanks.

That bug's been observed by a lot of people, including myself.

This seems inherent to ikonboard, sadly.

The board is due for an upgrade to the latest stable version, I just need to finish my travels then spend a few hours for the upgrade. I could do it while I'm mobile, but I'd hate to screw something up just because I couldn't concentrate on the upgrade 100%.

Hopefully, the upgrade will fix that and a few other bugs when viewing threads.

Hi guys,

I just finished upgrading to the latest stable version of ikonboard.

If you noticed, the board was down 20 minutes, and half that time, error 500 was shown (sorry, didn't see it immediately) until I managed to put up the away message informing folks of the upgrade and to come back later
biggrin.gif

For all those who submitted "bug reports" to me, kindly check if the upgrade managed to solve them or not. Thanks a lot.

Also, if you notice new irregularities, also send me mail
smile.gif

Cheers,
-JV

Back