Gallon of Milk a day?

I think he got this from starting strength. I need to find out how much a gallon is in litres first, damn yanks
biggrin.gif

My wife bought some new yogurts made of buffalo milk, they are so high in fat and protein it feels like I am eating cheesecake!! One tiny 6 oz. container has 180 calories!
wow.gif
I will buy more of these during my bulk. Buffalo milk is designed to turn a baby buffalo into a well...A BUFFALO! Should be good for a bulking powerlifter!

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 15 2007,12:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My wife bought some new yogurts made of buffalo milk, they are so high in fat and protein it feels like I am eating cheesecake!!  One tiny 6 oz. container has 180 calories!
wow.gif
  I will buy more of these during my bulk.  Buffalo milk is designed to turn a baby buffalo into a well...A BUFFALO!  Should be good for a bulking powerlifter!</div>
where did she get them?

We have alot of high-end/'natural' type grocery stores in the area. One of those, certainly wouldn't find it at your local generic grocery store~!!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 15 2007,12:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We have alot of high-end/'natural' type grocery stores in the area.  One of those, certainly wouldn't find it at your local generic grocery store~!!
biggrin.gif
</div>
We have a chain here called &quot;whole foods supermarkets&quot;. Never been there, but I guess that's what you're referring to? I'll have to check it out.

I think 'whole-foods' stores are referring to what we call 'farmer's market' here in Atlanta; fruits and veggies, other unprocessed things. Really cheap too. It could be something else tho.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 15 2007,12:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Buffalo milk is designed to turn a baby buffalo into a well...A BUFFALO!</div>
Exactly....cow milk, buffalo milk, goat milk.....is good for baby cows, buffalo and goats.....not adult humans. But that is just my opinion. I think cow milk is OK in moderation but I don't think it should be the main part of anyone's diet.

Why is milk not good for adult humans where as muscle tissue that is designed to move a cow around is fine?

what about the eggs of a fish?

maybe the unfertilized production unit of a chicken?

As I said....my opinion only.

But really...what is the purpose of cows milk? Is it really meant for human consumption? The answer is no. If they didn't give cows all those hormones to keep them producing milk we would have very little of it to sell in stores. Which to me makes it an unnatural source of nutrition for humans.

The muscle tissue that moves the cow.....well that's a different story....that is available at any time!
laugh.gif

You`d be quite surprised to know that human milk and cow milk aren`t all that different. Some micronutrients are present in different proportions, but overall, they`re quite similar. And since milk has been consumed for a very very long time, unless you prove to me that cows were juicing even before Christ, I`d doubt that hormones are the only thing bringing cow milk to the world.

I would agree with your comments. But there is no way that they could keep milk in the stores in today's market without keeping the cows on hormones.

And there is a reason why mothers quit making milk once a child (or calf) start eating a normal diet....because there is no real need for the milk in their diet anymore. Otherwise they would just keep producing milk.

I'm not trying to disprove the nutritional value of milk. I agree that it can be beneficial in your diet if use to supplement it so to speak. I just don't think that drinking a gallon a day to bulk is a great idea. I think whole foods should be the basis of any diet be it bulking or cutting. If you need a couple glasses of milk per day to make your calorie goals then it's no big deal.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is it really meant for human consumption? </div>

What do you mean by &quot;meant?&quot;

You mean in a religious sense? Is it some vague &quot;law of the jungle&quot; or &quot;mother nature&quot; sense?

Humans are opportunistic eaters. We (around the world) eat about everything. Every culture has milk consupmtion from its earliest roots. Looks like humans are as &quot;meant&quot; to eat milk as they are &quot;meant&quot; to eat anything. Just my opiniopn as well.

What I was getting at is that once a cows baby calfs stop feeding on their milk they will naturally stop producing it. Which means that it is meant for the baby calfs consumption, not humans.

Again, only my opinion and I'm not arguing how long people have been drinking cows milk or the nutritional value of it. But if you aren't a baby calf then it isn't really &quot;meant&quot; for your consupmtion.

rock.gif
 'meant' is a vague philosophical word, so your statement is rather meaningless.  Not trying to flame you, just saying!

I see what you are getting at though, and I respect your beliefs.

Back