Gamechanger: Gain 30, Pull 500.

Well without taking away from King Tote, the praise should probably be for strictly simplifying 'eat more, lift heavier, don't do myo reps, repeat' ;)

Well without taking away from King Tote, the praise should probably be for strictly simplifying 'eat more, lift heavier, don't do myo reps, repeat' ;)

Actually, I gave gleaned a lot of information about training and dieting for hypertrophy through private messages.
I have done the training tweaks, by way of self-coaching, since I am in the gym by myself.
But as far as planning and programming a long term diet and training strategy, the advice from Tot has been critical.
True what Tot said though... The "do" part is essential. All the great programming doesn't mean squat until it is put into action.

Hey, you're the one doing the hard part. Good job actually getting the work done. Hopefully this keeps you motivated enough to follow it through until you hit the big 500.

True, but it's very motivating having someone checking on your progress.

Sci, I'm impressed with how you're getting on so far this cycle. Hope you can maintain your consistency. All the best with your 385 pull.

Thanks, buddy.

After hitting PRs across on Saturday, and then a repeat performance of those record lifts on Tuesday, I have been sore all over. Also, this weekend is my "on-call" weekend, so I will be doing the last workout of the cycle tomorrow morning. Being the ultimate workout of the cycle that will determine my new maxes, the pre-ritual starts tonight. Heavy calories tonight, especially carbs, then pre-pack my gym bag and get coffee and workout drink ready for early in the morning. Wake up, hit the coffee and pre-workout protein/carb mix, get wrmed up and head right to the gym to dominate the deadlift station for an attempt at 385 lb.s Then attempt PRs for all the lifts...
next week, no SD, just start again at the 10s and ramp right back up for new PRs in another 6 week microcycle.

DeadLift: 385x1 PR! RPE 10, barely made it, shaking a little on the way up.

Rows: not going to happen, traps and erectors totally fried after deads. 5 RM 200

Wtd. Dips: 275x5 PR
WG Pulldowns: 185x5 PR
BB Press: 120x5
Uni-Leg Press: 160x5 PR
Uni-Seated Leg Curls: 85x5 PR
Seated Calves: 170x5 PR

Rows: not going to happen, traps and erectors totally fried after deads. 5 RM 200

Well, you really blasted through PR town today! Big congrats, Sci. A deadlift PR attempt is a totally CNS-frying experience. It certainly lets you know you're alive. :) Time to update that sig. Getting close to that 400 pull now.

Congrats on all of the PR's SCI! AWESOME work on the 385 pull!!

Great job on these.

Hope you are packing in the calories today. Next week will be nice to get a bit of a break from the heavy loads.

Thank guys. The hardest part of this eating enough. Food is expensive and takes time to consume. Really sore all over. Looking forward to the lower loading at this point.

Change of plans... I am going to SD for 9 days this week. Burned out my system on this last cycle. I may SD after every 6 week cycle actually, I think SD is important for long term recovery and success.

I would advocate taking one workout off and seeing how you feel before the one after that. A massive set of PR days is obviously make you feel a bit tired, but another SD so soon feels a bit quick to me.

But I'm just reading the log, of course ;)

CNS is fried, like 10,000 volts hit it... Loss of appetite, feeling tired all the time, etc.

Last edited:
Also, I am not doing vanilla HST, I am doing the amped up version, which means no 15s, 2 weeks of 10s, 2 weeks of 5s, then 2 weeks of Extended 5s, going for PRs. Considering I have a stressful job, little kids, etc. I think SD after every cycle may be not only wise, but necessary.

Exactly 7 days after my PRs, and I finally feel recovered. Except erectors, traps and arms which get constantly used at my job. They are recovered but definitely not very deconditioned.

I am psyched to start another cycle on Monday though. I can already taste those new PRs for next cycle!

Back