Getting lean without losing beef

Man, you are looking great. I hope I was even close to being as disciplined as you are with your diet.

Friday August 15th:

I couldn't sleep at all. Got up at 3 am and started my WO + carb load (which I was initially going to do around 6 AM)

Weight: 156

Routine: Tension WO

Calories:5469
Protein:221
Fat:37
Carbs:1063
Fructose: just under 50 gr

Saturday August 16th

Weight: 161

Routine: rest

Calories: Colby add it up, I know you want to!
smile.gif

Protein: 175
Carbs: 49
Fat: 34
6 oz pinot noir = 150 calories

The carb loading is getting psychologically taxing. I'm always worried I'm screwing up and getting fat.
rock.gif

Also feeling overtrained and tired quite a bit.

Volume reductions are coming.

Possible change to zone proportions. I wonder if the lowfat is killing my test.

I just don't understand why your putting yourself through this misery when you had such good results with little hassle on EOD. It just seems to suit you better...physically and mentally. You're looking trim in the pics, nice work!

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Aug. 14 2008,10:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Flabby as hell. But I count six!!!</div>
Flabby?? Dude your ripped! Really impressive!!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just don't understand why your putting yourself through this misery when you had such good results with little hassle on EOD. It just seems to suit you better...physically and mentally. You're looking trim in the pics, nice work!</div>

Ahh Soflsun! You are right in so many ways.

But the strength you feel post carb load is from another world. Everyone needs to try it once!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Flabby?? Dude your ripped! Really impressive!!</div>

Thanks Bax! I am proud of myself, but def still carry some flab. Pics can be very deceiving as we all know.

I think I'm going back to EODing this week, for good (for a while). Like, seriously this time...I think...lol

I think it is a good idea to switch diet/rutine once in a while. Not because of some magic confusion-theory, but simply because it's easier - mentally. So, have fun while you do it!
smile.gif

Sunday August 17th

Weight: 157.2

Calories: Ate freely today, by design. Long standing engagement at a BBQ. I behaved, portion wise, but ate some dirty stuff and drank. Much needed psychologically.

Routine: Power Workout

Strength was stellar today. I reduced volume as intended. I'm practicing my deadlifts and front squats as well, these I've avoided in the past because of knee issues. But I feel OK so far.

I'm thinking my Yates rows nail the biceps and traps pretty hard, and triceps and shoulders get slammed with presses. As such I'm cutting back on exercises that hit these body parts.

So from here on in, I'm going to focus more on Flat Bench, Row, and Dead or Squat every workout (as I'm switching to EOD). Volume will be around 4X5.

Throw in some auxiliary work (i.e., bb curls, push press maybe every other workout, maybe calf press every other workout, close grip bench) for 1-2 X 5 and I go home.

Dude, you're ripped bro!

Enough of the bro-logic, but seriously, you are ripped. Congratulations on a successful cut! I can only hope to duplicate that as I near the end of my long road to 10%!

Tuesday August 19th

Weight: 158

Calories: ~3100

Routine:

Chins: 1X5XBW
1X5X10lb

3X4X25lb
1X5X25lb
1X5X25lb (max stim)

Incline Bench:
1X5X50s

2X5X60s

Flat Bench

3X5X70s

Front Squat (trying to acclimate to these with the janky knee)

1X8Xbar
1X5X50

4X5X70

BB Shrug

1X8X50
1X8X90

2X6X130

BB curl

1X15XBB

2X5X30

Close Grip Bench

2X5X70

I'm still playing with the IF 16/8 method. Lets see where this goes.

I ate sushi tonight, in the IF window. I'm going to wake up at 185 from the goddamned sodium, as usual lol

<div>
(colby2152 @ Aug. 20 2008,9:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">BisB, you've done some intense cutting. What would you say was your best diet in terms of results?</div>
I don't know! It all seems to work.

But as I get closer to the point where I may be dealing with 'stubborn fat' and all the issues that arise, this may not be the case.

I suspect UD2.0 is much more effective with stubborn fat.

I'm also guilty of WAY too much volume here boys. You all should have yelled at me a long time ago!

excess volume isn't too terrible when you're cutting...it depends on your goals. With high volume, I would expect a strength decrease over time, but again, if your only goal is the bf% drop, no big deal.

Thurs August 21

Weight: 158.6

Routine:

Bench Press

1X5X20
1X5X50
1X5X80
3X5X50

Deadlift (its getting better. focusing on form still, not weight)

2X5X50
4X5X90

Yates Row

1X5X90
4X5X110

Seated Calf Raise

1X5X90
2X5X135

BB Curl

1X5X20
2x5x30

Close Grip Bench

2x5x80

Crunch Machine

1X8X70

Calories
Protein:207
Carbs:262.5
Fat:32.5
some wine (125 cal worth)

somethings

I've been going WAY to high volume. I feel better already on the reductions.

I've been too close to failure all the time.

Ive made great strides in form as well, sometimes coupled with weight reduction.

Feeling good! Less is more sometimes.

<div>
(Slapshotz @ Aug. 21 2008,7:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">excess volume isn't too terrible when you're cutting...it depends on your goals. With high volume, I would expect a strength decrease over time, but again, if your only goal is the bf% drop, no big deal.</div>
well the high volume +cutting +close to failure training all the time had me feeling major CNS burnout coming along.

I feel worlds different already, cutting back and focusing on compounds again, not feeling like I need 30 sets of chest a week.

being, not sure how long you've been running this streak but maybe you could SD for a while, no workout, maintenance calories. You'll get a break from dieting, let your CNS recover and leave the muscles sensible for less weight so you can focus on form and rebuild the weights up again.

<div>
(electric @ Aug. 22 2008,12:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">being, not sure how long you've been running this streak but maybe you could SD for a while, no workout, maintenance calories. You'll get a break from dieting, let your CNS recover and leave the muscles sensible for less weight so you can focus on form and rebuild the weights up again.</div>
thats the plan.

but I really have no desire to lose more than 3-4 more lbs of fat.

so I'd hate to stop now as I've been losing 1.5 a week, I'm almost done!

Then I'm gonna SD for a week.

And move into GFH diet
smile.gif

Back