HST Rotine

dor_dru

This my routine.
I hope to hear you inputs and opinion.
If you think i need to change something - please advise.
I don't wanna put squats for my own reasons.
So please don't advise that.
Thanks

Bench-press - 2 sets
Dumble press (Incline 30 degrees) - 2 sets
Bent over - 2 sets
Chin up with dumbles - 2 sets
Shrugs 2 sets
Biceps dumble curl 1 set
skullCrusher (triceps - W bar) 1 set
Leg press on a mechine - 2 sets
Leg curl - 2 sets
5 min ABS

Add deadlifts as your first exercise and throw away shrugs.
Edit: if you can't bare to drop shrugs, just add a set immediately after your deads. Strap up so you don't have to worry about grip.

Last edited:
If you make that change, I'd do incline barbell instead of flat bench. Personally, I wish I would of concentrated more on incline all this time :(

Add deadlifts as your first exercise and throw away shrugs.
Edit: if you can't bare to drop shrugs, just add a set immediately after your deads. Strap up so you don't have to worry about grip.

I don't mind throw shrugs.
I just don't understand, wont i have 3 exercise that focus on my back? (bent over, chin ups and dead lift)

I'd drop incline bench and add standing barbell (or dumbbell) press for focus on shoulders.
Maybe i don't understand your meaning.
The incline dumble focus on the chest so it doesn't make sense to me.
Perhaps switch the dumble shoulder press with the barbel press.

If you make that change, I'd do incline barbell instead of flat bench. Personally, I wish I would of concentrated more on incline all this time :(
Really?! i always been told it doesn't really matter

If i understand now my routine will look like that

DeadLift 2 sets
Bent over/Chin ups - 2 sets (What will fit best??)
Bench-press - 2 sets
Barble incline press (Incline 30 degrees) - 2 sets
Biceps dumble curl 1 set
skullCrusher (triceps - W bar) 1 set
Leg press on a mechine - 2 sets
Leg curl - 2 sets
5 min ABS

With me, it mattered...
I spent the last 2 years doing flat bench + flies and some dumbbell inclines.... And my upper chest is noticeable not as thick. You can target upper/lower pecs, but you can't, for example, target inner pecs.

Sorry, I understood that you were doing incline bench press (for pecs) and nothing for shoulders. So I suggested to change for a shoulder exercise (barbell press).

By the way I'm currently ending a cycle next week and I also plan to start a new one without taking SD. I'll do the 15's weeks.

What worries me at the moment is if hitting the light loads of 15's without an SD will be enough to stimulate growth in my muscles, since they won't be deconditioned.

EDIT: Sorry, I should had post this in the other topic.

How advanced of a lifter are you? If you're first/second year you could probably get away with:

DeadLift - 2 sets
Leg press on a machine - 2 sets
Bench-press - 2 sets
Barbell incline press (Incline 30 degrees) - 2 sets
Bent over/Chin ups - 2 sets (What will fit best??)
Abs + cooldown

The reasoning here is start with the biggest compound lift that you're willing to do, deadlifts. Then finish off legs with leg press. As long as you used to the workload you won't be overall fatigued and you can start upper body at this point. At this point I would decide which is more important back or chest and do either the rows/chinups or chest exercises first. Bench and incline should adequately hit your triceps while working your chest. Bent over rows and chinups will hit your biceps. Then you can do your abs and you will have completed a whole body exercise at this point. Do this 3 or 4 times a week and eat properly and you will get pretty big before you feel you need to start adding in isolation work.

Ok so i starat in a faw days and this my rotine
Its seems a bit much but it dont feal that way :)

Stiff leg DeadLift
Leg press on a mechine
Bench-press
Barbell\Dumble incline press (Incline 30 degrees)
Bent over
Chin ups
Shoulder press
Biceps dumble curl [1 set]
skullCrusher (triceps - W bar) [1 set]
5 min ABS

Looks not too bad...
I'd alternate between complete dead lifts and squats and ditch the leg presses. I'd also throw in calf extensions on the top of your deads/squats... Do 5 calf reps with each squat/dead, for example. Two birds with one stone!
Adjust your inclines to 45 degrees and lift heavy with barbell instead of db's to better target upper pecs...
Some say you don't need ab work as your core gets targeted with all the other lifts...
Personally, I work up to 60lbs weighted crunches, 2X25. You want to have world class abs!

Wungun, you do calf extensions with a squat/deadlift movement? That seems super compromising/dangerous...

I have, yes...
I only do hack squats (at home) and it isn't that bad.
However, while in my 5rm phase, I just don't have the grip to hang onto the weight!
But grip strength is something I consciousness work on, as I'm an avid climber.

Heavy deadlift singles will bring up your grip strength in no time. Rack pulls will do the same, shrugs etc.

+1 to Jester. At my strongest, I was rack pulling 800lbs+ without straps and even though I'm nowhere near as strong as I was back then, I still have a very strong grip.

800lbs? That's fucking awesome! Lol
I'm hack squatting and dead lifting/calf extending/shrugging just 190lbs (everything I do is free weights... No choice but to grip hard).
With climbing, it's half strength and half stamina... You gotta have hard grip strength for long stretches of time, but take any opportunity to shake out the arms.
My fingers have grown fatter with climbing too... So much so that none of my rings no longer fit.

Jeez Totz, you'd be able to squeeze juice outta the rocks! Lol

Wungun, search for the grip-strength thread I started a few years back. There may be some things you'll find helpful there.

Back