I'm sick :((

spikers1100

Okay just a quick question...I finished week 7 (5's with pulse reps + drops) this past Friday (today is Tuesday). Started feeling sick over the weekend, Monday was bad..I felt drained, tired and just miserable. I figured I'd just postpone everything by a day. Well today is worse. Now..should I  push myself and try to get these last 3 WO in before I SD, or maybe consider just starting SD now?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
While I'm posting I also would like to comment on my first cycle of HST.  For lack of a  better exclamatory word I will just say WOW!!!
thumbs-up.gif
 What a great feeling. Very noticable size gains. I'm not really into measuring, but I can tell in my clothes, and I have received several favorable comments. Also, while this isn't a strength training routine...I have made such extreme gains in strength its incredible. I found my 15, 10 & 5 rep maxes prior to starting. But by the time I got to the end of my 10's the weight wasn't heavy enough..not even close! And the original 5 rep max?? Forget about it...just for example...my original 5 rep max for squats was 275..my Friday workout was 325, 3 sets of 5 with the final set including 5 reps, 5 pulse reps then into 2 drop sets.
Original bench 5 RM was 275...and this is the honest to God's truth ..Friday workout was with 360..same sets as squats. Now granted I am doing my bench workout on the plate loaded Strive machine so it is a bit easier. but strength gains are still gains. Needless to say I am now one of the firmest believers of HST! :D  Can't wait to start another cycle!!

Spiker's

Glad you enjoyed round #1.

For lack of better words and time to explain, you could be coming down with something.

Just SD - do not worry about a thing (with training that is).

If it carries on go see a doc.

Same thing happened to me last week of my 1st cycle. (kinda wierd that spyke and spikers had the exact same thing happen LOL)

I lost some muscle and weight from being sick but it all comes back pretty quick.

Congrats on the results man!

I get sick at least once every cycle. I haven't lifted for since last Wednesday due to coming up with a bad fever last week. It happens, and I either pick up where I left off or in this case, start up my 2nd day of 10's when the last day I lifted was my 5th day of 15's. If it were the 5's or negs, I would either restart where I left off, or go into a full SD.

I get sick sometimes during a cycle. I like to extend the 5s/negs as long as possible personally, so once I was well again, I would jump right back into the 5s. Maybe start with an increment less than I was using before I got sick, to make sure my strength is back... then work back up to my 5 RM and move into negatives for as many weeks as possible. I wouldn't SD until I was having joint pains. There is nothing that says if you have to be off for a week that you must start your entire cycle over...

That's just what I would do though. You could SD and start your next cycle after that.

Thanks so much everyone, what a great site this is, with some really great people. I hate missing my workouts, but I think going when I'm not 100% and having a terrible workout is worse. I 'm going to try giving this a couple of more days and see how I feel. If I come out of it by Friday I'll repeat the 5's/negs and then SD...if not I'll already have a week off so I'll just ride it out a few more days.
Any advice on the way I was doing the 5's for for neg's?? I don't have a partner, so neg's were out. I was doing 3 sets of 5's with the final set consisting of an addition 5 pulse reps, then into 2 drops for 5 reps each. Is this too much?? I know I feel it immensely afterwards, I'm totally spent. I was doing negs for my dips and pullups.
Thanks again to everyone!!
worship.gif

That sounds good. Doing negatives on dips and chins is very productive, so it's good that you are getting to do those at least. There are also a few other exercises where negatives are possible without a partner, such as curls. But really, I think as long as you can manage them for dips and chins, continuing with your 5 RM is a good idea. You could also see if you can increment a bit higher than your previous 5 RM, to see if your 5 RM has gone up.

Back