inner-higher area of the chest!!?

amostafa

Hi everyone,,

My Chess exercies are:
- Bensh press
- incline Bensh press
- Decline Bensh press
- Dips

i finished my first cycle now in HST and i have a noticible good gains, but my chest is big in the outer-lower area,, the inner-higher area has unnoticable gains !!! am i making something worng here??? what are the exercies what concentrat on the inner highr area of the chest?

thanks

http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisSternal.html

As you can see in the link above, the major muscle of the chest pretty much spans the entire chest... so you can't really target just the inner chest. I think muscle shape is largely defined by genetics? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I had the same problem you are describing - nice size pecs, good growth, but the definition in the middle wasn't that great. I just kept working on them and as they got bigger, the crease between my pecs started to look a lot better. So... just keep hitting them and hope you don't develop man-boobs.

Also, I'm not sure you need to hit the chest so many times. I would cut it down to just incline bench and dips. But that's just me...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ May 25 2005,1:21)]http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisSternal.html
As you can see in the link above, the major muscle of the chest pretty much spans the entire chest... so you can't really target just the inner chest. I think muscle shape is largely defined by genetics? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I had the same problem you are describing - nice size pecs, good growth, but the definition in the middle wasn't that great. I just kept working on them and as they got bigger, the crease between my pecs started to look a lot better. So... just keep hitting them and hope you don't develop man-boobs.
Also, I'm not sure you need to hit the chest so many times. I would cut it down to just incline bench and dips. But that's just me...
Ditto to this. Way back when, I had growth in my chest much like the OP describes. As my chest got bigger in general, this was remedied, and now I'm proud of my manboobs!

So mikeynov --can you burry a credit card between your pecs?

I agree with all of the above -- some sources will tell you that flys, or pec deck work builds the inner pec --not true.

I would only do inclines and dips as uncle Bryan sugests. Definatly drop the flat bench.

One other thing you can do is go for a stretch with DB presses or LS flys -- at the appropriate part of your cycle. This should stretch the pec muscles and build a deeper chest, as well as increase the outter sweep.

But if you look at the anatomy -- there are only upper and lower pec muscles --not inner and outer.

Bob
butbut.gif

Thank you guys,,, ‎
I am really surprised when you said that i am doing a lot of chest exercise!!! I thought that I am not doing enough ‎that is why I am not getting the inner and higher thing ….‎

So, I will concentrate on the inclines and dips,… ‎

Bob Evans, why do I have to drop the flat bench ??‎

Why drop the flat bench
For a few reasons. The flat bench is more a measure of, "Hey look, I can bench 315 and you can't!"
Seriously, it only works the outer pecs. When I do them, it feels like a triceps and shoulder workout. 90% of bodybuilders have trouble with their upper chest. For a more pronounced chest you prioritize the upper chest imo. Dips are the best overall mass builder provided your form is good. If you really want to hit the flat bench, I suggest dumbbells because of the greater ROM and stretch.

I have the same problem. What is the prevailing opinion about cable crossovers for pec growth? I really like the idea of dips, but I have trouble weghting them in any accurate or scientific way.

Cable cross overs are more isolation movements. They are good for loading the muscle while stretched, and good for contracted pulses. However, they won't put as much overall tension on the muscle as dips.
How are you having problems doing weighted dips?

Chest development is not gentics!

Stop doing J would drop decicline bench
in the hst topic J already started a thread about symmerie!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dood @ June 09 2005,1:38)]Cable cross overs are more isolation movements.  They are good for loading the muscle while stretched, and good for contracted pulses.  However, they won't put as much overall tension on the muscle as dips.
How are you having problems doing weighted dips?

I really don't know the correct way of doing weighted dips other than using a harness that holds plates. My gym doesn't have one of those. So, I see guys doing dips with dumbells between their knees. Maybe I'm completely wrong on this, but that doesn't seem to be good form to me. Personally, I would be more concerned with using the muscles in my legs to keep the weight from falling than concentrating on my chest. I've read about using a backpack to put plates in. But again, that seems like a kind of akward way of going about dips. So, I've shyed away from dips all together and just stuck to the benches.

For dips, I bought a length of chain at home depot for around $8. Get a couple latches or something. The chain can bite into the skin when you're using a lot of weight, so a padded belt of some sort is a good idea too. Then you can just dangle some weight plates between your legs by the chain while doing dips. It works really well for me so far.

With lighter weights you can hold dumbells between your thighs, if you cross your legs you can lock the dumbell pretty well just above your knees. After about 30lbs it gets distracting for me, so I used a lifting belt and a section of chain for a while, then I searched on the net and found a padded dipping belt for about 20 bucks. Or you can make your own as was suggested.

Thanks guys. I'll give that a try. Everyone seems to be in agreement on the benefits of dips and I don't want to miss out.

or you could always put the db between the feet. thats what im doing now, and its not a problem, even for high weights.

Back