Just got call from the Doc.

<div>
(Rip @ May 04 2006,10:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have seen no gains in strength per say but I have noticed an increase in fat loss..which is GREAT..

The Therapy just raises my test levels to normal..in the 500's.
But the most important thing is my sexual drive is back..</div>
Have your balls shrunk yet? =P

Age shouldn't really a factor if the doctor actually cares about you. One of my coworkers is a 20 year old guy who's on HRT. He never really went through a proper puberty due to some kind of hormonal problem. He gets infrequent test injections now, which seems to be helping him a lot. He can actually grow a little bit of facial hair finally, and his voice is deepening so people don't mistake him for a woman over the phone anymore.

<div>
(Tom Treutlein @ May 04 2006,21:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Voice deepening, huh?

So if I take some test, my balls will be huge(er)!

Look out, floor.</div>
biggrin.gif
you seem really hung up on the whole ball thing.....

<div>
(Spyke @ May 04 2006,21:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Tom Treutlein @ May 04 2006,21:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Voice deepening, huh?

So if I take some test, my balls will be huge(er)!

Look out, floor.</div>
biggrin.gif
you seem really hung up on the whole ball thing.....</div>
What can I say? I like nuts.
cool.gif

Well, testicular atrophy is usually a sign of test problems, but not always. Taking exogenous testosterone can actually make them shrink, however, unless you take something like HcG along with it.

My balls have not shrunk any since being on HRT and neither should anyone elses if they truly need to be on HRT.
It only supplements whats needed...If I was dosing on massive amounts of test then my nuts would shut down..But since I am still not anywhere near High normal then my nuts keep on churnin out the right stuff!

Anywho...HRT has been a Godsend..Sex life back to normal, mood has increased dramatically, losing fat, more energized, ..only drawback is acne..Never had it before in my life but have been getting pimples in the weirdiest places since starting the Test..

Testosterone therapy will eventually shut down your natural test AND sperm production - there is no way around it. That's how your body works. If you introduce the hormone, your body will know and realize it no longer needs to produce it on it's own, so it will stop. If it hasn't happened yet, it will eventually. However, like I said, HCG will help prevent some of the feedback from using testosterone... but not all of it.

Hm...I'll stick to my natural test.

Though, how do you boost levels naturally? Eating fats helps, I've heard. Not sure what else will really do it.

Less stress?
Sleeping better?
Vigorous activity?
Squats? ;)
laugh.gif

Rip- How much fat are we talking about so far. Are you dieting ?

Tom- HRT is not something people choose to do for the fun of it. Rip does not have the option to just choose to make his own test. It is a medical problem.

Don't fear HRT!

I'm 45, on HRT for 6 months now and the effect has been ungodly good in so many areas that I can't imagine ever stopping.

My test was at 227 ng/dl (range 280 - 1100) with 3% free, and I was feeling more worn down than I should have at my age, almost no libido, and accumulating abdominal fat I couldn't get rid of.

I went from Testim to Androgel to finally 100 mg/weekly testoterone cypionate injections and my libido has come roaring back, my appetite has soared and I've dropped significant bodyfat.

My workout recuperation is far greater than it was before and this has resulted in significant strength gains and muscle growth.

I virtually feel like I'm 20 years old again!

Okay, so my testicles are about 1/2 the size they used to be, but so what? They clearly weren't doing the job anyway.
biggrin.gif

Spyke...So far I have been on HRT for about 2 months..
I am not hardcore dieting but watching what I eat.. Lifting weights..light cardio.
I have lost around 13 pounds of fat...and lost no muscle..
So I am happy..Of course I started at around 28% body fat.

Since this came up - who else got their levels checked? What are you at?

What's normal for lots of people who are in their 20's? I'm hoping I'm near 700+. That sounds nice and high. High is good. For a lot of reasons.

Testicles half the size - why not get some HcG as Totentanz recommended? Also - does your sexual performance suffer? I'd imagine not since libido is up and erections are likely greater.

Wouldn't test injection cause estrogen to be released too or something? I never understood how that stuff worked, but I wouldn't wanna end up with bitch tits. Think Bob from Fight Club.

<div>
(Tom Treutlein @ May 06 2006,04:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Since this came up - who else got their levels checked? What are you at?

What's normal for lots of people who are in their 20's? I'm hoping I'm near 700+. That sounds nice and high. High is good. For a lot of reasons.

Testicles half the size - why not get some HcG as Totentanz recommended? Also - does your sexual performance suffer? I'd imagine not since libido is up and erections are likely greater.

Wouldn't test injection cause estrogen to be released too or something? I never understood how that stuff worked, but I wouldn't wanna end up with bitch tits. Think Bob from Fight Club.</div>
12.5 nmoL/L i am 48 thats normal
biggrin.gif

Testosterone can aromatize into estrogen, so injections of test could raise estrogen, but it isn't likely to be a problem with HRT that just puts you into the normal range. It can happen, of course, but it's not as likely as say a bodybuilder who is cycling... and even then, pleny of people who cycle never have to worry about gyno.

Besides, anyone who lets themselves get gyno to the point of being like Bob is an idiot, considering how easy it is to prevent gyno even after it has begun to show itself.

<div>
(faz @ May 04 2006,10:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ May 04 2006,03:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've seen guys who got on HRT and was amazed at the fatloss, muscle gains they had. Low test is a naturally occuring thing from aging. Mine is low, but not low enough to be andropause (male menopause) so my doc won't give me HRT. I just have to try the trib again, but it didn't seem to work last time I tried it.</div>
tribulus is a waste of money try zinc and magnezium ..seperate tablets works out cheaper.sorry wrong quote should have been quadmasters
rock.gif
</div>
I happen to take a Zinc/Mag tablet on nights after a workout. They're 400mg of Magnesium and 25mg Zinc, along with 1000mg calcium for some reason. I add to that a 100mg B6 tab, just because I'd seen it used with ZMA sold to BB'ers. I don't know what that part does.

My question now is this: Should I take it daily/ more often/ any differently at all?

And if there's anything else that might actually work to raise test, let me know. DHEA sux too.

Back