Log - Dojomatic

Haven't posted in a while due to this log having low viewership ratings. Maybe a move to a new time-slot...

Anyhoo:

I may do shorter mesocycles this time, probably one week per rep range. At least in the higher ones. Hang cleans were completed with a short pause to finish the last couple reps.

HST Cycle # 2 (Rep Scheme - 12,9,6,3)

9 Rep mesocyle - Workout # 2 of 3

Hang Clean 2 x 9 x 140
Chins 2 x 9 x BW+15
Cable Upright Row 2 x 9 x 110
Flat Bench 2 x 9 x 180
Dips 2 x 9 x BW+25
Deadlift 2 x 9 x 220
Seated Row 2 x 9 x 120

Welcome back, Dojo.

Post even if you think people aren't reading your stuff. You never know when folks will start to take an interest in what you're doing. That's pretty much what I've experienced, anyway. These logs can be a great reference, too, for how much progress you make in a cycle.

Keep it comin', and, keep up the great work! Looking like great progress!

Thanks for the comments, guys.  
The last post was actually for WO #1 not #2.  Well, I was planning to do only one week of 9's, but I screwed up with some RM's so I'll probably do another week.  I don't know what I was thinking, but I set up some lifts for today (RM day) at lower weight than last cycle.  So dips, upright rows, and squat (yesterday) are still at or below my previous RM.  I should have known since they felt rather easy.  I deluded myself and thought I was much stronger!

Other changes:
I'm dropping the Hang Clean.  My reasons are 1) the guy who was "coaching" me is not there anymore and 2) from what I've read and seen, his coaching was not very good and my form was very unsound.  Instead, I will do an extra set of DL or Squat, depending on the day.  

One important problem I'm having is that my bench is stuck at 9x180 for the third workout in a row.  I had to do the last two reps of the last set Max Stim style.  Obviously, I started at too high a weight and maybe this screwed up things.  This reall bugs me.  Maybe I should add some military presses to strengthen delts and tri's?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

So today it went:
HST Cycle #  2    (Rep Scheme - 12,9,6,3)

9 Rep mesocyle - Workout # 3 of ?

Chins                         2 x 9 x BW+20
Cable Upright Row    2 x 9 x 120
Flat Bench                 2 x 9 x 180
Dips                           2 x 9 x BW+25
Deadlift                    3 x 9 x 230
Seated Row               2 x 9 x 130
Machine Side Raises  2 x 9 x 75
Abs

Side note:

Since mid-September I've lost around 8 pounds and I'm hovering right now between 166 and 167.  My BF% as measured by one of those gadgets that you hold with both arms outstretched in front of you went from 12.9% to 10.8%.  I know these numbers don't mean much, but at least they show progress and my abs are have started to show for the first time in my life.  

Anyways, sometimes I forget that I'm actually cutting when I complain about lack of progress in my lifts.  

So, thanks for the support (and the invaluable information) so far.  I'm just getting started, though!

*Edit to correct grammar.

You are doing great.
A major part of the 'fitness guy' look that we see in TV and magazines is losing fat, and while losing fat it is very hard to get stronger and break PRs every workout, so don't worry about it if you are having trouble increasing your weights. You can always focus on progression and strength when you are lean and slow bulking to put on some muscle.

Back