My Paleo Nutirtion Experiment

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Feb. 26 2007,07:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The thing is, the calcium in dairy(probably alongside a slew of other things there contained) has the aforementioned effect. Calcium only supplementation for example did not produce the same results. So it would`ve been better if I worded it like:dairy is fookin good stuff for losing weight, at least it seems so from recent studies.</div>
Come to think of it, as far as my body composition alteration is concerned, the lack of dairy derived calcium has actually had no negative effects whatsoever.

Maybe when one gets the majority of carbs from grain-based sources, dairy calcium can halp burn fat, but my personal experiment has just proven that in the absence of grain, fat metabolism is at least as robust without dairy derived calcium.

Furthermore, I would hesitate to call paleo voodoo. It is based on eating natural non-processed foods. It is also based on foods that we know could not have existed at the time before the invention of fire. Even though evolutionary biology is one of the most contentious subjects among scientists, it is none the less based in large, on the scientific method, which puts it beyond the realm of the supplement market.

Even though I have always liked milk, it is nothing I feel we need for a normal healthy existance.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 26 2007,10:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I still have my old blood typing grocery lists...a lot of stuff on it I naturally like and eat anyway, and it had a lot of stuff that would make me sick too. All in all, I spent more money to do nothing.
Having done a veggie soup diet before and lost a pound a day (of you-know-what), I'd always thought to try it again with a lot of meat. That didn't work either (did it last year, late) since there were no fats in it to speak of. The Paleo arena has a better balance and what Morgoth said about the carbs/addiction/cravings is true. I wish they would create a cow whose meat satisfies carb cravings!</div>
Quad,

I was a carb-sugar junkie in the worst way up until Jan 2007.

I hope it would work for you, but &quot;Paleo-like&quot; eating has cured me of all cravings.

I am not overstating my case either to sell you anything.

All I can say to you is try it in the most serious way and maybe it will work as wonderfully for you as it has for me.

The fat is MELTING away on me so much so that I have almost my fully 6 pack in plain view.

best of luck

Quad, from your avatar I have to ask &quot;do you have that much fat to lose anyway?&quot;

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Feb. 26 2007,09:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Feb. 26 2007,09:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">because I seem to live in moron country. Here, blood-typing is DA SHIZNIT</div>
where are you on this planet?</div>
Romania...we tried to sell you some baby chick **** named Humanofort:) On the good side, Bompa was Romanian, and his contribution was sound.

Overall, as long as it works, it`s good, no point debating semantics over what is what, no?And Paleo is way better than the shitty bodybuilding diets that were promoted some time ago(are they still?) which were something like 60% carbs.

Umm, is that a good thing?
smile.gif

Yes, there are a few Romanians where I work and the are all nice people.

I originally posetd this in the wrong thread. Here is a Pre-Paleo full body Pic from Dec 2006. 97 kg @ approx 19% Body Fat. I will make a current picture tonight when I get home.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Feb. 26 2007,10:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Quad, from your avatar I have to ask &quot;do you have that much fat to lose anyway?&quot;</div>
I do now.

drpierredebs,

I'm curious to see what your typical paleo diet looks like for a day.  Could you post it?

<div>
(FrankG @ Mar. 03 2007,14:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">drpierredebs,

I'm curious to see what your typical paleo diet looks like for a day. Could you post it?</div>
As I said, It is not 100% strict. about 95%.
Mache is a type of lettuce,rich in Omega 3.
Walnuß are Walnuts.
Mandeln are Almonds.
I drink 100ml of milk b4 bed.
Blüten Pollen is Bee Pollen
Plus I take fish oil

Current pic in the morning.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Feb. 27 2007,04:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It is also based on foods that we know could not have existed at the time before the invention of fire.</div>
if you didnt eat food that was not avalable before 'fire' you wouldnt have a lot of food to eat.

Aaaah, I just read that five times and still can't handle that many negatives in a sentence! Now I gotta go take some tylenol..
laugh.gif

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 03 2007,22:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ Feb. 27 2007,04:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It is also based on foods that we know could not have existed at the time before the invention of fire.</div>
if you didnt eat food that was not avalable before 'fire' you wouldnt have a lot of food to eat.</div>
For me this means grains, bread, pasta and cookies.

Oh. Finally I get it now. You guys mean processed foods it seems.
My work partner got on this diet called the Maker's Diet, basically using foods from the bible and avoiding the same: he felt much better on it but quit it because it was so expensive to do. He was focused on organics with that.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 04 2007,21:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">For me this means grains, bread, pasta and cookies.</div>
so in simple terms, its a low wheat diet then not paleo

as nearly all available cultivar choices are post-agricultural revolution foods.

Just want to say...congratulations. I can easily see all four heads of your quadriceps...that is impressive cutting. One thing I noticed is your right thigh seems a little bigger than your left, I have the same thing.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 04 2007,21:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 04 2007,21:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">For me this means grains, bread, pasta and cookies.</div>
so in simple terms, its a low wheat diet then not paleo

as nearly all available cultivar choices are post-agricultural revolution foods.</div>
I eat no wheat. I eat no foods based on modern agricultural methods of producing foodstuffs from any grains whatsoever.

I made in a mistake in saying I drink milk b4 bed. I only drink milk b4 bed if I
don´t get enough calcium on a given day. (after my conversation with morgoth) But I have had 200 mls of milk in 2 months.

The meat I get is free range, grass fed.

Back