Myoreps?

Robthebod

Would someone mind explaining Myoreps? I’ve searched the forums and find discussions regarding them but I can’t find an actual description of the method, and maybe when and how long they should or could be utilized
Thanks!

Type into Google 'borge fagerli myo reps' it should be the translated version at the top of the list

There should also be a detailed description on this forum somewhere

Heyhey, yeah definitely have a read of the links Mick provided, it's a great method, and I use it alot.

It's essentially a rest-pause technique, but different reasoning and way of going about it than usual rest-pause. You're only going close to failure, not complete failure, and essentially doing an 'extended' set at that high activation level, and extending that out so more reps are at that level. So it therefore has more 'effective' reps. Rather than having to do a set, rest, then do a whole new set to reach those end reps, it recreates those last-few-reps-of-the-sets over and over.

Definitely not for beginners at all, an advanced technique and you have to have good solid exercise technique and experience with going to failure or near failure to know what it feels like and to be very in tune with your body's exertion and fatigue levels.
It definitely saves time in your workout too.

Would actually love to hear Bryan's thought on myoreps and the scientific validity in terms of hypertrophy benefits. It clearly is a method that works, and has worked time and time again with many many people, but why that is intrigues me... unless it's moreso related to it still adhering to general HST principles so it's bound to work, but the question is why do straight sets when you can do myoreps and vice versa... Borge is the man, and I really resonate a lot with his training thoughts, and he definitely knows his stuff, incredibly knowledgeable.

Haha.. Ah I was so very excited when I heard you were releasing an ebook on Myoreps. I absolutely plan to get it, but I'm wondering is it basically more in-depth info in the ebook compared to your articles online? Have noticed it also has example programs etc..

Yes, way more exhaustive than the article :)

I can't lift because of rotator cuff surgery but I have 5 months to plan my next cycle so I just ordered the book and will be reading it on the beach in Cancun! :cool:

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions or feedback (positive or negative) :)

Thanks for the links on Myo-reps. I have recently added them in for bench and back work, but I plan to add them for legs. The training density you get here is mad time efficient!

Wow, didn't realize that was out. Just purchased my copy. Very timely too. I've been planning to spend at least six months or so with myo-reps as my next self-experiment, so this will be really helpful.

Wow, didn't realize that was out. Just purchased my copy. Very timely too. I've been planning to spend at least six months or so with myo-reps as my next self-experiment, so this will be really helpful.

Awesome, thanks for the support! :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Bought my copy as well, very interesting read!

Some questions though... how about myo-reps for people doing exclusively the big exercises like myself?
How about a lower rep activiation set (like 10 reps)?

Some questions though... how about myo-reps for people doing exclusively the big exercises like myself?

I mention Myo-reps for compound lifts in the book, and for obvious reasons I’m not a fan of it - although top powerlifters such as Mike Tuchscherer and a lot of his coaching clients have used it with success.

I've done myos for certain compounds (bench, db rows, closegrip bench, lat pulldown, BB upright rows), as these I felt were stable enough and weren't dangerous to do (although pretty fatiguing..).

But there are some I just wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole hehe, squats and deadlifts come to mind... although I believe Mick has done front squats with myoreps, but he's a boss like that ;D

Back