Natural Test Boosters

I have been following the forums for powerFull on anabolicminds.com and am excited to see how this product does for people to increase lbm

<div>
(xahrx @ Sep. 08 2005,23:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Some things you left out that definitely work: SERMs and AIs. Rebound XT is a good AI for raising test levels, so is Ultra Hot, both of which use a similar active. Lots of good feedback has been given on ActivaTe by Designer Supplements too. Supposedly a SHBG binder that binds with a much higher affinity to SHBG than test, leaving more free testosterone in your system. Thing is this could actually lead to a decrease in overall test levels even with an increase in free testosterone. Still, I gave the beta version a try and my subjective experience was that it worked, and worked much better than anything 'natural' I have ever used.</div>
I'm going to use my VITAMIN SHOPPE REWARDS to pick up the Activate. I am skeptical, but it will cost me nothing so I'll give it a try, probably for 4 weeks during the 10s and 5s of my next cycle. I will post my opinions of it here.

<div>
(Hardrock @ Oct. 02 2005,10:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Best way to boost test = lots of saturated fats  </div>
I won't say it's the best or that it takes lots of them. But saturated fats do support natural hormone production, including test.

About the other things, I've tried trib, NOS stuff, GABA, and several other things...still ended up on TRT. Some suppliments to work to improve blood flow. Improved blood flow = improved erections, more frequent erections, and is often mistaken for increased test levels.

According to my lab work, none of the supps I tried affected my test levels at all. The GABA did help increase my GH slightly, perhaps from the GABA working, or perhaps from sleeping better while using it. I cannot say which, except that GH went up a little.

The best thing that has actually been proven to increase test levels naturally is iron. Yep, plain simple iron. Pick it up, put it down, repeat as needed.

Here's my uneducated 2 cents:

Boosting testosterone is not natural. Either be natural and eat and train correctly, or be unnatural and do test/hgh (the illegal stuff); and of course still eat and train correctly. If you want to boost your test you gotta be illegal (at least in the USA).

I had the same results as Vagrant. I intend to follow the same path when our finances pick up: HRT.
I really had hopes for the ornithine/arginine combo because of all the &quot;research&quot; that &quot;proved&quot; it would raise levels...to which I didn't notice anything. Seems like if it doesn't cost a lot; it doesn't work.

Didn't get a blood test; just didn't notice anything. I guess it could be working to some degree, but I'd rather save my bucks after this and get HRT, which I know will be an appreciable difference, especially at my age. And boosting test will be better than nothing; I don't really want to have a bill every month for GH.

I'd like to see how SweetDaddyPatty did on the ActivaTe. I'll have my doubts about it after looking at the hype. Would be nice to see someone get blood tested before and after a cycle of the supposed test &quot;boosters&quot;.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 26 2007,22:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd like to see how SweetDaddyPatty did on the ActivaTe. I'll have my doubts about it after looking at the hype. Would be nice to see someone get blood tested before and after a cycle of the supposed test &quot;boosters&quot;.</div>
I remember such tests being done at the AM board, you could look there. Question really is do any of these supplements, even if they do cause an increase in free testosterone, cause any postive body composition changes? The answer so far as I can tell is no. Anecdotally some of the AI/test booster stacks have done so, very minor along with strength increases, but there's no clinical evidence pro and some con, posted over at Lyle's recomp board I believe. Plus most of the AM testers were using the original Rebound XT from DS, which is ATD, one of the metabolites of which will if you use the RIA method to test T levels give a false positive.

Bottom line is so far any boost you get from these things is good for things other than training. Keeping the gf or wifey happy, increasing 'output' as they say if that's your thing. When it comes to training chicken still wins out.

you're right as rain as far as I've seen. I also tried a couple of weeks ago to find any reviews on the ActivaTe...that weren't on a BB site that also sells it. There were none. I guess it's too new a product yet.
Xahrx, what do you use PCT to reactivate things?

<div>
(stevejones @ Jan. 02 2007,01:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here's my uneducated 2 cents:

Boosting testosterone is not natural.  Either be natural and eat and train correctly, or be unnatural and do test/hgh (the illegal stuff); and of course still eat and train correctly.  If you want to boost your test you gotta be illegal (at least in the USA).</div>
In a nutshell Steve is right.

They say shorter rest periods spike test levels.

Hell so does lifting weights.

But anything with an significance is most likely going to be illegal IMO.

However there was a legal supplement out last year called Halodrol 50...which was from my understanding a legal steroid.

Basically the manufactur took out some ingredients and shifted some others around to make if legal.

I have never took it however my friend took it and I personally saw dramatic results???

They still have the Hal 50 at our supp shop - but can't get more. They are all BB'ers, and swear by it. Run down to your supp store before they run out and you might make a cycle, but don't forget your PCT's. The Halodrol is only one molecule removed from being test itself, and somehow changes into test.
IMO, a fairly expensive, but legal way to do a small test cycle. Every one of the PH's I've seen on sale after the ban were twice the original price.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 31 2007,08:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">They still have the Hal 50 at our supp shop - but can't get more. They are all BB'ers, and swear by it. Run down to your supp store before they run out and you might make a cycle, but don't forget your PCT's. The Halodrol is only one molecule removed from being test itself, and somehow changes into test.
IMO, a fairly expensive, but legal way to do a small test cycle. Every one of the PH's I've seen on sale after the ban were twice the original price.</div>
I would love to try it..but I have always been scared of pro-hormones?
rock.gif
??

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jan. 31 2007,09:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would love to try it..but I have always been scared of pro-hormones?
rock.gif
??</div>
Halodrol is a steroid.  Prohormones are steroids.  I fell into the marketing BS at the beginning too.  They're all steroids, some are in a grey area of legality, not specifically listed but likely covered under the present and past laws.  But until the actives are tested and found to be steroids they'll continue to sell.  All sex hormones are converted and reconverted back and forth in your body to various substances with varying anabolic/androgenic activity.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 30 2007,19:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">you're right as rain as far as I've seen. I also tried a couple of weeks ago to find any reviews on the ActivaTe...that weren't on a BB site that also sells it. There were none. I guess it's too new a product yet.
Xahrx, what do you use PCT to reactivate things?</div>
From a natural test booster like ActivaTe? Nothing. If you have an AI included like Rebound or 6 oxo, or are taking one of those all in one nonhormonal stack products like Jungle Warfare you could taper down the dose in steps. I personally would, but that's just the way I've always done things. Ease in, ease out.

Overall point is they don't do anything for mass gains though, so unless you're taking it to impress your girlfriend with your stamina, leave it aside and buy more chicken.

Other than my multi and my fish oil I take three other products regularly, USP Labs' PowerFULL, Cissus and REM RG3. PowerFull because it makes me feel good. Whatever is in the stuff ups my mood in a nice moderate way, and I need that. Also helps with sleep. Cissus because it's the best herbal analgesic I've ever found. Took care of my knee pain much better than any other OTC meds, herbals or even my RX Motrin did. REM because it's the best herbal sleep aid I've ever used. Great sleep, intense dreams. USP claims it ups GH production, which I doubt but I do get some of the signs of such, night sweats and fingernails and hair growing faster.

I mentioned the above because I don't think supplements are a total loss. What you need to do though it realize no supplement is going to give steroid like gains in muscle mass or promote much in terms of fat loss that a change in diet couldn't out do by a factor of a trillion. But, some can help in other areas which might indirectly benefit health and well being. Personally the improvements in sleep and pain relief I've gotten from those three supplements have been a God send.

My .02

I never got anything out of Trib at all.

The only times I've noticed an improvement in performance or size was either with ALRI's orignal LMG (size) or during HRT (performance
wink.gif
).

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Jan. 31 2007,10:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My .02

I never got anything out of Trib at all.

The only times I've noticed an improvement in performance or size was either with ALRI's orignal LMG (size) or during HRT (performance  
wink.gif
).</div>
Trib is a waste. It's gonna be in an upcoming USP product but the owner admitted it's just cheap filler thrown in for the hell of it. If you're losing sleep I'd recommend PowerFULL and/or REM. Great products for the sleep improvements alone. Especially REM.

It's a very strange product. You get intense dreams while on it, sleep on a schedule without any need for an alarm clock. Very effective for most who try it, though you have to dial in the dose right and give it a few days to a week to kick in. Then you sleep like a log, wake up at the same damn time every day of the week, and even if you only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep you feel great in the morning like you got a full 8. Morning drowziness or grogginess only hits me mildly and if I don't get 6 or more hours. It's something I've been looking for in a supplement for a long time.

The dreams can get to some people. They are very intense and can be very disturbing. I had a few when I first tested the product for them, one where I peeled the skin off my legs and was picking these odd gub looking creatures out of my muscles. Another with zombies chasing me all over in this post apocalyptic land scape. Given my overall mentality, I loved these dreams. But that's me.
smile.gif
You are very suggestable when dozing off on this stuff, so if the right material is playing on the radio or TV when you go under you're in for one hell of a night. I usually fall asleep to movies like The Thing or The Exorcist.

You're a very sick man, X! Hey, how does that compare to using ZMA? Sounds like about the same effects, except I was schmoozing with Halley Berry in my dreams.
wink.gif

I haven't tried the products that xahrx mentioned. But the ZMA I have been taking gives me some really bazaar freaky dreams. I don't mind them though. It's almost like going to a good movie!
cool.gif

Back