New Year's Resolution

colby2152

2007 is upon us, so I decided to see what everyone's New Year's Resolutions were for Health & Fitness.

My nutrition goals include better analysis of nutrient intake such as potassium and sodium, fat ratios and Omega-3,6 for cholesterol maintenance, and to limit carbohydrate intake to carbs with low-GI #'s.

For lifting, I want to get through a whole cycle without getting hurt or sick! I also want to get to 235 at 9% bodyfat... I am 230 at 14% right now. My strength does not match up with my size, so that is another area of concern. In addition, I want to try out Max-Stim and 5x5 SST.

I am finally adding arm work to my routine...for my 4th max-stim cycle starting on new year's day, I am aiming for a bodyweight of 210 lb.s under 15% bf. (currently 193lb.s 14-15% bf) Also I WILL HAVE AT LEAST 16" ARMS BY THE END OF 2007!!! NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES I AM GROWING SOME BIG GUNZ THIS YEAR!
mad.gif
(arms are currently 15.25" which is pathetic on a 73" tall guy.)

A.) get my arms back to 17" without doing a million iso's
B.) stop talking and thinking negatively about myself, finances, life, my back, my age.

I am Gary. I am one strong, energetic, healthy, blessed, intelligent, youthful, independent and growing mammajamma. I WILL be 220 under 14% bf, and I WILL DL 500lbs, and I WILL be happy with my life.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
biggrin.gif

Well im starting a brand new lifting program because im a total beanpole at 6ft and only 62kg.

I want to get to at least 68kg and after doing thai boxing and being in the ring, i know anythings possible if you really try at it and never give up.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 29 2006,18:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am finally adding arm work to my routine...for my 4th max-stim cycle starting on new year's day, I am aiming for a bodyweight of 210 lb.s under 15% bf.  (currently 193lb.s 14-15% bf)  Also I WILL HAVE AT LEAST 16&quot; ARMS BY THE END OF 2007!!!  NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES I AM GROWING SOME BIG GUNZ THIS YEAR!
mad.gif
 (arms are currently 15.25&quot; which is pathetic on a 73&quot; tall guy.)</div>
I hit 16&quot; arms earlier this year. It is the one big downfall of being tall - 74&quot; here.

Goals for 2007...

By the end of the year:
Deadlift 500 lbs for 5 reps (I'd actually like to hit 600...)
Squat 400 lbs for 5
Row 300 lbs for 5
Bench 300 lbs for 1
Chin/Pullup BW+100 lbs for 5

For 2007 - Stay on my feet and able to do my job. Weight training and kung fu training are going to be my key.

Oh yeah, stay alive too.

I am almost as strong as I want to be.
My only goal this year is to get below 12% body fat by july 1, 2007.
Until this time I will onyl be doing:
Front squats
Dead lifts
Bent rows
Chins
Dips.
plus 6 - 10 hours per week endurance training

I have hit 17 inch arms 2 years ago.

Now I have a little over 16 inches but they are very defined.

I think you can only get so big so quick without just getting fat!

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 29 2006,17:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">2007 is upon us, so I decided to see what everyone's New Year's Resolutions were for Health &amp; Fitness.  

My nutrition goals include better analysis of nutrient intake such as potassium and sodium, fat ratios and Omega-3,6 for cholesterol maintenance, and to limit carbohydrate intake to carbs with low-GI #'s.

For lifting, I want to get through a whole cycle without getting hurt or sick!  I also want to get to 235 at 9% bodyfat... I am 230 at 14% right now.  My strength does not match up with my size, so that is another area of concern.  In addition, I want to try out Max-Stim and 5x5 SST.</div>
colby,

You are gaining lots of weight if My memor serves me right?

My news years resolution is to fill out my pecs and biceps then cut down to less than 10% bf in time for the triathlon season. The extra muscle should improve the swim bike and run while cutting the fat should make me lighter amd faster. Once I have finished bulking, I will most likely try some of the SST programs on this site and hopefully still utilize the hst principals regarding fatigue and recovery.

So far during the christmas break ive put on 3lbs. I do my measurements on the 15th of january and I cant wait to compare. Ussually most of the mass accumulates on my theighs from squats and deadlifts.

Almost done my 3rd hst cycle. Then will take 2 weeks off and begin number 4.

SM: You're growing like a weed! You'll make it.
Tot: Very reasonable for your size and strengths. You'll blow by those.
Vagrant: Defy the odds. Doctors lie.
Style: 240? Dang! I'm jealous!
Joe: Right with ya bro! Same deal.
Maximus: You and Dr. Pierre oughta be teammates! 'Team HST'!

I'm not sure yet, but I do know that I'LL NEVER BE WITHOUT A SNOW BLOWER....ever again. Should never have sold mine. Got up at 1 am today to plow the driveway...snow over 6 feet high all the way down a 50 ft driveway. Also plowed probably 15 other homes around the neighborhood, and helped to dig about 8 cars out in total. Huge blizzard over here.

I always pick the wrong time to cut. I need some more bodyfat on me, I&quot;m exhausted. I probably lost 8 lbs of muscle today (joking, but it sure feels like it).
So.....

1.) Get new snowblower and keep it
2.) Just maintain what I have...I honestly can't do any better under 10%

Haha. Yeah, snow is so scarce here in Michigan the past several years that I've almost forgotten what a snow blower is myself...

So everyone should probably keep us updated on how you are doing with regards to your goals. I'd be interested anyway...

<div>
(stevejones @ Dec. 31 2006,15:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm not sure yet, but I do know that I'LL NEVER BE WITHOUT A SNOW BLOWER....ever again.</div>
ha ha steve. im gonna guess your in colorado like myself. we got 2 feet right before christmas and another 8 inches a few days ago but i dont have a driveway as big as yours..........still a lot of shoveling though.

as far as goals go.......strength has never been a....well.....strength so im shooting more for body composition goals.

relatively slow bulk (@1lb a week gain during cycle and maint. on SD) from May 06 thru Jan/Feb 08. never achieved the results i wanted doing the 6-8 month bulk phases so this is the big push, all or nothing. started at 185 @9%, currently 215 @13-15%, shooting for 240-250 under 18%. ill cut from there to 10% and see what we got. im approaching 40 so the fat and muscle gain are close to equal at this stage so i sure my 1lb a week will have to be modified as i put more size on.

main strength goals for 5 reps.
deadl. 450.....squat 350.......DB press 120....OHP 160.

I forgot, I also want to be able to clean and press 250 lbs by the end of 2007. I've only started doing it a few months ago, so I'm still relatively weak in this lift...

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 29 2006,18:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am Gary. I am one strong, energetic, healthy, blessed, intelligent, youthful, independent and growing mammajamma. I WILL be 220 under 14% bf, and I WILL DL 500lbs, and I WILL be happy with my life.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!  
biggrin.gif
</div>
Hey Quad

I am reading a great book right now that you might would enjoy, its basically deals with your post.

If you want I can pm you the name of the book!

As far as I know, I am doing everything right so its pretty much steady as she goes.
Read Starting Strength (just arrived)
Log all of my collected data
+25% 1RM on all compounds
&lt;10% BF

Modest goals, but I can always make new ones!

Back