Normal to feel wiped out...

thecoffeeguy

I've noticed that after I have completed a 15 workout, I feel pretty taxed for part of the day. Is that normal?

I'm eating pretty good. I isually have a pre and post workout shake. I also am getting good rest.

I'm just wondering if the 15 workouts are pretty demanding.

Symptoms: feel very hungry. Feel tired.

I usually workout in the morning before I go to work. I have shake right after my workout, cook breakfast, take it to work and have it about 1-2 hours after my workout.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else feels like this?

thanks

thecoffeeguy

My workout:

squats
incline bench
barbell or db rows
pull downs
military press
barbell curl
overhead tri extensions

did 2 x 15 this morning, except for pull downs: 1 x 15

Just seems like my body is screaming for fuel.

Man, and im not even in the heavy weights.

I dunno - eat more, any type of exercise will make you more tired and hungry during the day - on that note, I'm gonna go eat

I've been trying to eat clean and often, shooting for 3500 calories a day.

I'm just surprised at how 'taxed' I feel. I hope this is normal.

I'm not in my 20's anymore, so my body doesn't recover like it used to.

Plus, I have always thought squats take A LOT out of you, no matter what.

The 15s can kick a lot of people's butts... but if you aren't getting enough carbs, it can be especially arduous. You could do like faz said and try getting some dextrose in your preworkout shake, or just try to include more carbs in your overall diet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thecoffeeguy @ Oct. 25 2005,4:03)]I usually workout in the morning before I go to work.
Have you tried working out in the afternoon/evening instead? I've tried working out in the early morning myself and find it too taxing on the system- my body just doesn't want to respond. May have something to do with the fact that the adrenal glands release more cortisol in the morning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thecoffeeguy @ Oct. 26 2005,12:12)]My workout:
squats
incline bench
barbell or db rows
pull downs
military press
barbell curl
overhead tri extensions
did 2 x 15 this morning, except for pull downs: 1 x 15
Just seems like my body is screaming for fuel.
Man, and im not even in the heavy weights.
coffee guy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just seems like my body is screaming for fuel.

Now isn't that the answer to your dillema?

Oh, morning workout? I don't know but I have tried and just can't take it well enough, afternoon is just dandy for me!

The morning is perhaps good for cardio to burn fat, if you tune in at that time before you have breakfast the body has no chance to use anything but fat for fuel!

But a hard workout just does not cut it, not with me anyway!

Just my two cents worth.
happy.gif

Sounds like lack of carbs... Combined with the 15's, it leads to exhaustion. You can try working out in the evening to test for yourself whether the effect is the same, or take in more carbs some time before your morning workout, if you can. After a long night, the fuel stores of the body are empty.

Eat plenty of carbs especially within 2 hours after completing your workouts.
Creatine is also a huge help in recovery.
------
The secret, which of course is no secret...is carbs and creatine >> for recovery and energy to make it through good workouts.

Back