Olympic Gymast Physiques

<div>
(joelondon @ Aug. 18 2008,9:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">speaking of legs.........Chris Hoy's quads!!!</div>
I know! He looks like a weightlifter. I'd like to know what his leg training consists of when he's not in the saddle.

In an interview back in 2004 he said his thighs were 66cm in diameter at their largest point. That's only 26&quot;! Mind you, that's a very lean 26&quot;.

200.jpg

yeah i'm VERY curious as to what gymnast training is like, it can't be just stamped down as genetics, i am reeeeeeally really curious, is it because of daily gymnast specific exercise? (skill-based training) or other exercises? i am so impressed with their physiques (upper body anyways).

I'm pretty sure most gymnasts don't do extra weight lifting.  Why would they need to?  We all know that pulling or pushing your body through space is the best way to work it don't we?  And their strength is so specific for the unique movements that they do that I don't think anything would work better than doing those movements.

Get yourself a set of rings and start using them every day until you can do the same movements they do.  Your upper body will probably be pretty big by then.

The elite will be a combination of genetics and life long training.

building an olympic body through bodweight training.. lolz

Lets do some Tuck Planche Pushups
have somebody tried this?

Here is also an interesting artickle
interview

we can do also some rings Yuri
Yuri van Gelder is a Great guy, like all the Dutch guys;-)
Some more ring exercises ring strength

I ve always been thinking to make some rings in my home gym.

<div>
(bodyguard @ Oct. 04 2008,9:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've always been thinking to make some rings in my home gym.</div>
bodyguard, I got some rings this summer. They are a great addition to my training gear and lots of fun. They are also humbling. On the Crossfit Forum there are threads on how to make your own rings out of uPVC pipes etc. but I went for the real deal as they weren't too expensive and should last a lifetime.

<div>
(Lol @ Oct. 04 2008,1:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">bodyguard, I got some rings this summer. They are a great addition to my training gear and lots of fun. They are also humbling.</div>
Yeah, especially when you do your first dips or pull ups. And to get to the first muscle up has taken me ages. I don't even want to mention planche progressions on rings - these are already challenging on the ground and one reason for building a pretty amount of mass in the upper body.

<div>
(XFatMan @ Oct. 04 2008,3:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Lol @ Oct. 04 2008,1:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">bodyguard, I got some rings this summer. They are a great addition to my training gear and lots of fun. They are also humbling.</div>
Yeah, especially when you do your first dips or pull ups. And to get to the first muscle up has taken me ages. I don't even want to mention planche progressions on rings - these are already challenging on the ground and one reason for building a pretty amount of mass in the upper body.</div>
Lol and XFatman
And how are the results with the rings so far?

<div>
(XFatMan @ Oct. 04 2008,5:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That depends on what you mean by &quot;the results&quot;.</div>
More size

Bodyguard , extra size from ring work is not going to happen until I'm eating again (I'm on a cut).

However, I am finding that my balance is improving and my joints and ligaments are feeling better able to cope with the different strain imposed on them compared to fixed apparatus. That will partly be because I am getting lighter too. I did a muscle-up from a kneeling position the other day (because I don't yet have the ability to set the rings high enough to do them any other way). I couldn't get much of a kip to help with the initial pull but I made it all the way up. Darn hard though. Hope I will be able to get 10 reps one day.

I'm still cutting, so real size gain isn't going to happen so soon. But there was some considerable strength gain.

<div>
(XFatMan @ Oct. 05 2008,3:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm still cutting, so real size gain isn't going to happen so soon. But there was some considerable strength gain.</div>
okay, but dont cut to much or u will lose muscle instead of fat. maybe better to do more higher reps

I have been looking if I could buy Elite Rings in Holland but now way.

Maybe somebody knows a reliable shop where i can order them?

Thanks in advance

<div>
(XFatMan @ Oct. 06 2008,2:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Try it at gymnasticbodies.com</div>
thanks XfatMan

I did gymnastics as a kid, it was pretty intense stuff. I have rings set up in my garage, I might see if I can still do muscle-ups.

We did a bit of rope climbing during training (without using legs). Sitting on the floor, legs straightened out in front making a 90 degree angle, and holding that position while climbing an 8 meter rope. Up and down, up and down. I remember watching a Chuck Norris movie as a kid, and Chuck was teaching someone how to climb a rope. I was thinking.. &quot;why.. are they using their legs? Using legs just slows you down&quot;.

Back