Only 10\5 Blocks

dor_dru

Hye

Im in my SD period.
Next week im going to my third round of HST and properly stop bulking and start cutting, i hate be more then 16% and now im about 14-15%

I feel that the block of 10 is great for me and also the 5 block.
I was thinking to leave out the 15 block and also the negatives and the 3 Rm block & clusters.
So basically i will do 10 block and then 5 block.
The question is what to do for the last 4 weeks.
Any suggestions?

Extend the 5s out to fill in the gap. You could also stretch the 10s out to three weeks.

In that case, it will look like this :(?)
10s
First and second week as always
Third week the all week every workout same wights for 10RM
5s
Then 2 weeks of 5s as always.
Then another 3 weeks (week 5-8) of 5s when every workout i do the same wights for 5RM

is that sound about right?

No, just extend out the 10s by drawing out the increments. So 10s will look something like this, assume your 10 RM for bench press is 225 lbs, you were going to start at 165 lbs:
Week 1: 165 175 185
Week 2: 195 205 205
Week 3: 215 215 225

Or repeat whatever increments you need to in order to stretch it out. For 5s, you would do the same thing for the first 2-3 weeks, then the next few weeks you will attempt to add increments beyond your 5 RM until you find your new 5 RMs, and then you will use those new 5 RMs until the end of the cycle.

I would definitely move to triples for compounds. Use each increment for two sessions, do 4 sets of each compound and drop the isolations.

This is kind of what I have done the last two cycles, I still start with the 15s for one week though. They're safe and they're effective (at least for me).

I would consider that - one week of 15s.

This is my routine, opinions and suggestions are more then welcome.
Thanks.

*Some exercise
upload_2014-10-14_11-26-39.png

Word of warning. I streched out a cut too much because I was greedy and wanted to lose fat fast and I ended up losing more muscle than fat.

I like the 15's always... Even if they don't contribute to hypertrophy directly, you're still giving your muscles progressive signalling and that should elicit some growth.

So this week i end week 6 in the program.
What you think overall and how you advise to continue the next 2 weeks?

upload_2014-11-23_19-27-46.png

High reps, anything above 12, are important for a number of reasons, including sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which focuses on increased muscle glycogen storage, but they do not have to be done every cycle if you have no soft tissue or joint problems present. However, going without them completely may contribute to an earlier incidence of those types of problems and missing out on some hypertrophy.

Last edited:
Back