Photos of HST veterans

kudos to all who post their pics on here, no matter what they look like, its good to see the competition lol.

couldnt find an old pic so heres a crappy camera phone pic i had taken the other day.
DSC00009.jpg

This is me at the end of my last cut. About 148 lbs. At this moment, I'm 170, and just started cutting again. We'll have a comparison pic in a couple months.

bicep.jpg

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 05 2008,08:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, you lost a lot of weight Icars! What do you weigh now?</div>
im 16st at the moment(224lb?). im kinda up and down at the moment, this past month ive increased my callorie intake at work which seems to have helped. prolly the camera as regards to weight loss, but i have leaned out a little.

<div>
(EL_VIEJO @ Jan. 05 2008,09:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Can somebody please explain to me how to insert a photo? I like to post a couple when I finish this cycle.</div>
i usually just upload to photobucket or something and then copy the url and insert that into the image tab above.

I guess we're still close Icars...the pic doesn't do you justice; you look really lean there. Maybe it's just the comparison with your avatar!
Viejo: some of the threads will have a browse box at the bottom; you can upload from your computer if there is one. Don't forget to limit the size. This one is only about 60kb.

Probably so, but the guns looked smallish to me, albeit a frontal shot...and black is a &quot;shrink me now&quot; color; hard to look huge in the dark.

<div>
(Krieger @ Dec. 16 2007,17:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bryan's arms are huge! I have the impression that he struggled so much with them until HST did most of the work...

...at least I have the hope that it will work to my stubborn arms as well  
biggrin.gif
</div>
ya Bryan, the guns look thick! What are they measuring in at in the pic with your HST shirt on?

Also, how tall are you? Current weight?

Well, here goes... I am still have ways to go until 10%, but I may be closer to 12% than my measurements dictate. I cannot get the best shots while taking a picture and trying to flex, but that is neither here nor there!

1-6-08-Arm.gif

1-6-08-Regular.gif

1-6-08-Lats.gif

Everyone was posting their pictures so I figured what the hell. Here are some pictures of me. Some of them probably have already been seen before. Sorry if they show up too large. Quad and Lcars are looking amazing as usual. I plan on lifting for the rest of my life and learning as much as possible. Sorry my web cam isn't exactly the best at pictures it seems.

DaveFlexxedOut.jpg

Picture30.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture28.jpg

Picture44.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Dwhite

Not bad at all, the size is there, all you need now is a little toning!

I really love the camo shorts though
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I know my BF % went up a bit after a huge bulk I did. I damn near shot up 50 pounds. I used to be really cut a long while back. Here is an old pictures of me about 50 pounds lighter and a lot more cut than I am now. It's amazing how being more toned can make you look bigger and stronger.

untitled.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture123.jpg

Picture93.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Looks better, no 2 ways about it!

I can only imagine what those 50 pounds wouyld look like after a cut...awsome.

Keep it up man...you doing well. My personal opinion? Don't overdo it with the bulk and you will always look awsome!
wink.gif

I'm not sure how exactly I could cut without getting all complicated. To be honest I don't really follow much of a diet plan I preety much eat dirty. Which is why I find bulking so much easier. It would be nice to see my gains after shedding some fat off of me. When I was younger it was so easy to gain muscle without getting fat. Now it's really hand and hand. I used to not even try to be cut and it came naturally to me. I guess now in order for me to lean out I will need to crack down. I just worry about losing any muscle I gained.

Well D, you could start off by cleaning out how you eat, in a very simple way:

Avoid sugary, doughy stuff most of the time.
When you eat meat, try to eat as lean as possible.
Avoid sodas, drink water instead.
Have a solid oats or other fibre breakfast.
Eat around your training, 1 hour before and a PP immediatelly after training, then a solid meal within the first hour after training.

Do cardio on off days, preferably HIIT type, like Tabata.

The above should get you there soon.

To avoid muscle loss, stay on 5's or at least 8's and lift as heavy as you can without hitting failure.

That should help some!
wink.gif

I feel your pain DW and Faust did a good post there: solid advice. Even when bulking you should eat that way; I do, but also hit the buffets a bit too much, and probably eat too many scrambled egg mix breakfasts...my lady is such a good cook!
And true, don't fall for the highrep hype of the mainstream when cutting: they have it backwards.

<div>
(DWhite2741 @ Jan. 07 2008,02:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm not sure how exactly I could cut without getting all complicated. To be honest I don't really follow much of a diet plan I preety much eat dirty. Which is why I find bulking so much easier. It would be nice to see my gains after shedding some fat off of me. When I was younger it was so easy to gain muscle without getting fat. Now it's really hand and hand. I used to not even try to be cut and it came naturally to me. I guess now in order for me to lean out I will need to crack down. I just worry about losing any muscle I gained.</div>
I'm going a little against what the guys said about diet. All you have to do is start counting calories. It will be easier for you to stick to your diet if you keep eating the things you like instead of becoming miserable by missing out on all those foods. So instead of changing what you eat, just start eating less of it.
Regardless of what you are eating, you do still want to make sure you are getting 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. For total calories, I would start around 13 times your bodyweight in pounds, use that number as your calorie goal. Start doing some cardio and keep lifting heavy, and see if you start losing a pound or two a week. Doing a simple plan like this can easily get you down to 10% bodyfat. If you wanted to get lower than that, you might have to start doing some other things with your diet, but if you just want to get huge then there really isn't any point in going below 10% anyway.

Like quad said, you do not want to do any high rep stuff during your diet. Don't do 15s. 10s would probably be heavy enough but personally, I like to make sure I am working in the 5s at the very least. If you find you have less energy, don't cut back on the weight. That should be your last resort. First, trim back your volume. You can drop a set or two as long as you keep the weight heavy. You can also consider going to hitting the whole body twice a week instead of three times and you should be fine. In fact, that may be optimal, since twice a week is plenty of stimulus to help keep your muscle and should give you more energy to do cardio.

Back