Progressive Overload and Strength gains:Example.

Not at all. I'm trying to illustrate that there are diminishing returns to endless discussions and hypothesising. At a certain point, you need to elect to *do* one of the many options, based on your knowledge and back that up with conviction. IF it doesn't work, then you're better prepared for the next cycle. If it does, fantastic, stick with it and don't overthink things or try and 'adjust' too much.

I often feel that lifters in general are not mentally prepared for a program that works. They always believe that they can improve by 'tweaking', simply because 'tweaking' is possible, when there's not really any empirical data to suggest that.

100% agree. For so long this has been exactly MY experience. I was not mentally prepared for a program that works; I always felt like my unique biology was the exception to a rule. I would "do" a routine, not really put 100% into it, and after a few weeks/months when I didn't experience dramatic change I would get frustrated and change things around/tweak/over analyze, etc.

Back