Reading List, Book List

Browner

What books do you read?

I am currently in the middle of a cutting cycle, and have introduced low intensity walks for 1 hour first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (fasted cardio if you will) and I am taking this opportunity to make myself stronger not only physically but mentally by listening to audio books during this time. I am currently listening to "The King Within" by Robert Moore.

I have always enjoyed reading, but find little time to sit down and enjoy a book, so I am using the hour each morning as an opportunity to do so.

Just wondered what you guys read, or listen too, whether it to be to increase knowledge on Strength & Conditioning, HST, Fitness, Psychology, motivation etc... or anything that you feel makes you "Stronger" as a human being

Some might question why this thread is relevant, but my argument is that anything that can help us learn understand how our body, mind works can help us with motivation and performance in the gym. Hopefully this thread will start some interesting conversation.

http://www.amazon.com/Jumper-Novel-...390915612&sr=1-1&keywords=jumper+steven+gould

They made an extremely shitty movie based on it with the worst actor imaginable playing the main character, but the book was good. That author has some other good ones too.

There are lots of classic sci-fi novels I would recommend, if you're into that kind of thing. Ringworld by Larry Niven and most of the series that followed are good. I like his novel Protector as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Jumper-Novel-...390915612&sr=1-1&keywords=jumper+steven+gould

They made an extremely shitty movie based on it with the worst actor imaginable playing the main character, but the book was good. That author has some other good ones too.

There are lots of classic sci-fi novels I would recommend, if you're into that kind of thing. Ringworld by Larry Niven and most of the series that followed are good. I like his novel Protector as well.

Haha, I remember the film now, is it bad that I quite liked it?? I have never read any sci fi books before, but may give them ago.

Fight Club is a great book. Just be warned, it diverges significantly from the movie. Still a real solid book.

I like Bret Easton Ellis as well. American Psycho is a little bit of a stomach turner the first read though, some of the murder scenes are very graphic.

I never even new fight club was a book, might have to give that a go! Thanks guys

Its always interesting when books vary from the film

Back