Really Confused

<div>
(beingisbeing @ May 26 2008,7:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...
1) I've gotten plenty from your posts. I'm new to this forum, but regular contributors like yourself I've benefited from greatly in my lurking here for the past few weeks.
2) I'm NOT pulling a Martin Levac here
smile.gif
. I'm all about calories in vs calories out, in a sense.
...</div>
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I noticed that he treated you just like he treated me yet both you and him agree on the fundamental principles. In retrospect, I think maybe it's not about me after all. Maybe it was him all along. I guess he always disagrees in such a rude manner.

HAHAHAHAH. Perhaps. I'm doing a glycogen depletion workout tonight at about midnight, with about 8 beers in me. I wonder what color ketostix would turn if I peed into them right after with a gallon of guiness in my bladder. Black?

<div>
(Martin Levac @ May 26 2008,7:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(beingisbeing @ May 26 2008,7:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...
      1) I've gotten plenty from your posts. I'm new to this forum, but regular contributors like yourself I've benefited from  greatly in my lurking here for the past few weeks.
      2) I'm NOT pulling a Martin Levac here
smile.gif
. I'm all about calories in vs calories out, in a sense.
...</div>
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I noticed that he treated you just like he treated me yet both you and him agree on the fundamental principles. In retrospect, I think maybe it's not about me after all. Maybe it was him all along. I guess he always disagrees in such a rude manner.</div>
I wasn't rude to him at all. I simply responded to his disagreement with some valid points. You martin on the other hand are a forum troll, get lost.

Yeah I didn't think you were being rude really. And if you were its all good. If we're rude its a sign of elevated testosterone, says my fortune cookie. And that means we're lifting right, right?
smile.gif

Your posts were interesting, being.  I don't understand nutrition to a very complex degree.  I just know the basics from reading and learning from guys like Lyle McD and Aaron_F, Bryan Haycock, Dan Moore and the gang.

I do know that 'clean' eating is a myth that has been perpetuated by bodybuilders and fitness tards without much fact behind it, so i was just steering the OP is the rigth direction.

Thinking he will gain all muscle and no fat by 'clean' bulking is just wrong.  And you are rigth that EXTREMES in dieting can cause problems, but overall as long as one is eating a somewhat balanced diet with adequate protein, counting calories is far more important that any kind of 'clean' eating regiment.
cool.gif

Just to throw this out there... I think everyone knows I have always spoken out against clean vs dirty bulks. My main reason is that I have to eat so much food in order to gain that clean eating would be retarded in my case.

Anyway, the point is that I have been eating &quot;dirty&quot; for years now. I get plenty of protein, of course, and lately I have actually been eating even more sugar than normal.

Recently, I got a physical and my cholesterol seems to be awesome. My blood pressure is also great, at around 110/60, pulse rate is usually around 60 bpm. It seems I am in perfect health.

The only argument anyone could make that seems even slightly valid for clean eating is that it is better for your health. Well, perhaps that is so for some people, but my results have invalidated that thought for me.
So far, my experience seems to suggest that being active and not becoming a huge fat slob is what is most important.

It has occurred to me that the health issue is diluted by the fact that we humanimals tend to eat so many different foods, even dirty, that unlike our four-footed companions, we are getting a variety of nutrients in regardless. That is, from an athletic point of view, where we eat fast foods and junk, but not really sit around living on totally stupid stuff like chips, frieds, candy and crap. So there are antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and the like regardless of dirty bulking.
I think the antioxidants are one thing often overlooked and more important than most think. When you get as old as some of us, you begin to wonder if you shouldn't have started that broccolli fetish long ago. I say bulk as you will, but every single day you should get veggies, take vitamins, fluids, and avoid too many dumb choices; giving the body something to work with.

Back