Rep maxs, going lower than 50% of rep max, zig zag

Bren86

well I heard that you shouldnt drop the weight lower than 50% of your rep max.

Barbell curl
So I'm doin 12kg on barbell curl. I do 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,12. But if you shouldnt go lower than 50% of your rep max should I be doing something like. 6, 6, 8, 8, 10, 12.

Tri Pushdowns.
6 is the rep max. Its like the sixth block down. So I was doin 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 but it just to light at the start. So if I'm not supposed to go lower that 50% of the rep max should I be doing something like 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 6.

K so say monday I find out my rep max and say its 12kg for curls. then on wednesday I find my rep max for 5 and I can only seem to manage to ad an xtra 2kg so its just 14kg. Should I wait till the friday instead of wednesday before I find my 5 rep maxes because it may be heavier than what I did on wednesday.

Because If you can't zig zag it will be abit weird trying not to zig zag from 12 kg to 14kg. I will be doin summin like 12, 12, 12, 14, 14, 14. Well I'm kinda confusing myself now so I'll leave this how it is lol hope someone understands me.

Thanks for your time.

I prefer repeating weights (even 3 days if necessary) to zig zagging. I also do not usually start below 60 to 70% of my rep max.

ok thanks but
I thought the hole idea of this routine is to each workout at more stress to the muscles. ie by adding weight each work out

Back