Serge Nubret

He lies about being unassisted and he uses retarded logic to enforce the effectiveness of his routine:"if other world champions in other sports train for 3-5 hours daily, why would bodybuilding be different?". In short, he is another moron with a great body.

I don't think English is his first language...at least I hope not.
He could be natty - he's not been all that huge, just well proportioned. There are bigger natty's out there. I don't know about the drug question either way.

No, he couldn`t have been. Consider the mindset of the time, consider what everyone was doing during the period, consider that roids were nothing bad then(are they something bad now?). Look at his traps and his delts, as a second hint. So, no, he`s a shithead trying to spew forth doodoo.

And yes, english is not his first language(nor is it mine). But his ideas are clear, and my honest opinion is that he`s a shithead:eat red meat by the pound, beans, rice all fookin day long, train abs 1 hour a day 7 days a week, spend half of your day in the gym coz that`s what other top athletes are doing(hint Serge, bbing is not that much of a sport, it`s not based on building up skill and conditioned reflexes etc.) and some other non-sense. Do you think that`s the saving grace for bodybuilding?Does he sound like someone who actually knows anything about anything when it comes to training and nutrition?

And I absolutely loathe all of these whiners like Serge and Mentzer for example, who a billion years later are like:Yeah, I could`ve owned Arnold, but Weider hated me, I`m a black man and black men are always discriminated, I was set-up etc. Let it go, if you would`ve been that much better, there would have been no contest on stage. But you weren't.

Still, the guy looks great and had great genetics for bbing. Still a retard IMHO, though
smile.gif

There was a shift of acceptance toward black lifters in the 60's. Prior to that you only have to look at who was getting the awards.

I think this says enough:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I start bodybuilding in 1958 and 2 year later i won the title of the must muscular man in the world, it was an IFBB contest which was helded in Montreal,
</div>

Okay seriously, if you are huge after TWO YEARS, then obviously you are using something. No way that can happen naturally. Naturals can get decently big, but it takes a very long time. Two years is not possible for a natural. Especially if he really did have 20 inch arms after only two years. Personally, I highly doubt it is possible to get much over 18 inches naturally, unless your arm is fat.

natural or not, IMO one of the best physiques ever. I would never want to look like Jay Cutler, but I'd give my left arm to look like Serge in those pictures of him at 65!

<div>
(quadancer @ Mar. 14 2007,08:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There was a shift of acceptance toward black lifters in the 60's. Prior to that you only have to look at who was getting the awards.</div>
He competed for the Olympia in the later 60s, early 70s.And prior to the 60s you also have to look at who was actively into bodybuilding. And Sergio Oliva was black. And I still think it`s lame to be a pussy and whine about how you were discriminated from greatness 40 years later-time to move on.

Tot, let`s assume that the 20 inch arms stuff was...umm...exaggerated, as most measurements are/were. You do not get to that extreme level of leannes at 215ish pounds, by eating the **** he says he ate and training half-a-day every day. Cutting for naturals is the crappiest experience...the complexity of something like the UD2, for example, helps to illustrate that. So I`ll assume that he didn`t understand the question about the cycle right, and he imagined it was about a biCYCLE he never had.

IMO Serge got robbed in 75.  From the pictures I've seen I think he was in far better shape, but politics played an ever bigger role in 75 then they do now, especially when it came to Schwarzbutt.  

If Serge didn't do steroids, I feel bad for him, because I, along with most other people, can't believe it.    The disbelief is just as bad in other sports.   I think Lance Armstrong is a liar and I won't ever believe that someone can dominate a sport like cycling on that level without the use of drugs.  So, really sucks for him if he's being honest too.  Just a side effect of the horrible things that drugs have done to so many sports.

I can't imagine anyone currently competing at the top level in any sport who hasn't had some kind of assistance along the way. I'd like to think that it happens but I don't really believe it.

No way Serge was natural.

<div>
(Lol @ Mar. 14 2007,21:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I can't imagine anyone currently competing at the top level in any sport who hasn't had some kind of assistance along the way. I'd like to think that it happens but I don't really believe it.</div>
Pro bowlers? (&quot;sport&quot; being loosely defined)
biggrin.gif

I tend to agree with you. The public is now becoming more aware of this, but the sport that doesn't get enough (bad) publicity for this IMO is the NFL (professional American football). I remember as kid decades ago when big linemen were 6'6&quot; tall and 260 lbs. Now they're 6'0&quot; and 330 lbs at 21 or 22 years old coming out of college. The stronger ones are bench pressing 225lbs for 30-40 reps or more at the NFL &quot;combine&quot;.

I just have a hard time believing that they're all so strong and physically mature at a young age only by better weight programs.

I do think that, taking a lot longer to get there, someone with the right genetics can come close to the performance levels of the drug enhanced. Not in BBing, but in most other sports, including strength sports. My benchmark, until it's proven that he cheated is Shane Hamman. I've posted about this elsewhere, but perhaps not here. Hamman Clean &amp; Jerked 523lbs, which AFAIK is still the American record. Now C&amp;Js of over 580lbs have been done in competition by a couple of lifters. This is only about a 20lb increase over Vasiliy Alexeev's best 30 or more years ago. So Hamman's lift is about 90% of the best of all time, which record has not changed much in 30 years whatever drug use there has been in the sport.

Here is the point: Hamman claims to be drug free. I've also seen Glenn Pendlay insist in very strong terms that he is convinced that Hamman is lifetime drug free. So taking that at face value, I'm thinking that someone can come within at least 90% of the top strength performances drug free. However, if drugs add even a few % to the best a lifter can do, it will still be impossible for a natural lifter to ever get to the highest level as long as others can manage to cheat undetected. Unquestionably, the cheaters can get to high levels a lot faster than the drug-free, given not being caught.

No doubt one of teh best bods out there at the time!
wink.gif

Never had a chance to look inside the man's head though, so a very informative thread so far...he's a jerk of some kind and he talks s...!
laugh.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Mar. 14 2007,20:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Heh, you're a smart&amp;ss, but dang, that was funny!  
biggrin.gif

For anyone interested, here's a thread from Iron Age on prejudice against BB'ers:</div>
Hmm, thanks
smile.gif

I`m not prejudiced against anyone but outright dickheads, and Serge certainly makes himself stand out as one with that thread. There`s no friggin inherent evil in admiting you were assisted. So what, everybody in the top was at the time.

75 was the year of Pumping Iron, right?I agree that he looked great, but I feel his presentation kindof sucked...dunno how to put it, but he lacked Arnold`s charisma on stage. And he may have been robbed, or not, I don`t have a clear opinion on this, but it`s lame to complain now and still have that thing on your mind.

I love his abs though...I`ll start his daily 1 hour routine ASAP, just let me freeze the rest of my life`s activities so I can focus on this most wonderful endeavour.

Back